CAMBRIDGE DIET- New to this site & the Diet!

Had my 2nd weigh in today..... I've lost 5lbs! So a total of 1stone in 2 weeks so far! 3 more stone to go! x x

Day 16. So nice to have a bar.. I only bought two to try a lemon yoghurt and a chewy chocolate. Lemon yoghurt is very very nice :) I think I'm going to be buying 7 and have one or tea very night so I have something to look forward to. It's so nice to actually munch on something x x

Day 18..... Took a Senokot as things haven't been feeling 'right'... Think it's because I've only been having a litre of water a day :( I keep forgetting/too busy x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Day 28... 1 month on this diet so far. I've got my 3rd weigh in tomorrow. I have been bad a few times, instead of my shake in the evening I've had like some lettuce or tuna or 3 eggs, I've only done that 3 times though and it's food that's allowed from the sole source plus food list. Haven't been good drinking my water though :/ But gunna aim to start drinking as much as I did in week one again. My consultant said If I stick to sole source the minimum I can expect to lose is 3lb a week so is be happy if over these last two weeks I've managed to knock another half a stone off. Going to stock up on lemon yoghurt bars they are amazing and I think will stop me wanting to eat meals from sole source plus. x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Also got some physillium husks however it's spelt and they helped things greatly. I recommend them. I only take 1 before lunch and 1 before tea rarer than te recommended 2 before each meal but it's working for me at the moment x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Help please! I have a wedding to go to on June 1st and I haven't a clue what size ill be all I know is I want to look amazing. What sort of colours are best and shapes of dresses???? x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

You are doing fab!
Whats your body shape? then i can point you in the right direction of some nice dresses!
oh and price range?
and what shops do you normally get your dresses from?
i LOVE dress hunting! x

Hello!

Wow....just trying to navigate my way through this forum is overwhelming! Looks like there are plenty of good experiences and case histories to study!

Excuse me for barging in! I am in Australia & after a long and arduous battle with my weight I thought I was winning, when just over 2 years tragedy struck and my response was to return to my old emotional eating habits. Same old story, you know the one!

I still want to try to do something about my weight, and am wondering about vlcds - and have had some short term experience with Optifast on my own. I have just learnt that CWP is now available in Australia and provides the human assistance I know I need.

So I am thinking of going for broke: jumping head first into SS.

I am 48 year old female, my BMI is over 40. I'd love to hear from other older CWP people. My BIG question is: beyond the first weeks, how do you manage? Is it possible to lead a 'normal' kind of life most of the time? By that I mean think clearly, do some form of exercise, and anything else? Or dies in mean going around in a dazed and very confused food-deprived madness? Does this only have a hope of working on young fit metabolisms?

With all going well, stars all lining up in my favour and me keeping on track, how long would it take a tired old woman to lose say 80lbs/35kgs - yes, I understand it varies greatly....but just curious as to what is possible. BTW I have about twice that to lose! *sob!*

Hello to everyone & I hope to get to know some of your stories soon!

50x50

Hello!

Wow....just trying to navigate my way through this forum is overwhelming! Looks like there are plenty of good experiences and case histories to study!

Excuse me for barging in! I am in Australia & after a long and arduous battle with my weight I thought I was winning, when just over 2 years tragedy struck and my response was to return to my old emotional eating habits. Same old story, you know the one!

I still want to try to do something about my weight, and am wondering about vlcds - and have had some short term experience with Optifast on my own. I have just learnt that CWP is now available in Australia and provides the human assistance I know I need.

So I am thinking of going for broke: jumping head first into SS.

I am 48 year old female, my BMI is over 40. I'd love to hear from other older CWP people. My BIG question is: beyond the first weeks, how do you manage? Is it possible to lead a 'normal' kind of life most of the time? By that I mean think clearly, do some form of exercise, and anything else? Or dies in mean going around in a dazed and very confused food-deprived madness? Does this only have a hope of working on young fit metabolisms?

With all going well, stars all lining up in my favour and me keeping on track, how long would it take a tired old woman to lose say 80lbs/35kgs - yes, I understand it varies greatly....but just curious as to what is possible. BTW I have about twice that to lose! *sob!*

Hello to everyone & I hope to get to know some of your stories soon!

50x50

Hello and welcome!!

Well some for giving this a go! I am currently on day 32 and I'm doing ok. I've slipped up the last two weeks by that I mean I had two SS+ meals instead if doing just sole source and I only lost 4lb in two weeks, plus I wears barely drinking a litre of water a day and the minimum needed to be consume is 2.25 litres. It really is true when they say you've got to 'drink to shrink'.

I've led a fair normal life, I never understood what was meant when people said the diet is emotional that was until it dawned on me I was unable to eat a meal with my other half, family or friends. A a lot of people felt uncomfortable eating around me so I feel sometimes I have to segregate myself and I feel like a naughty school kid... But then you have to remind yourself that you will be able to eat again and join on and that this is temporary and keep telling yourself the reasons why you started it in the first place.

Exercise wise I started doing some in week 3 as its not recommend on the first two weeks whilst your body adjusts, I started with some walks and squats and have now introduced hula hooping!
I'm not the type of person that feels comfortable in a gym or even swimming just yet with all the very fit and active regulars that attend that make me feel even bigger!

The first week is hard, you do get hungry but it's really true when you push through that first week it gets easier. I was so bad having those two meals in week 4 but I was completely honest with my advisor and I'm back on it and reminded what I want out of it at the end and I've been focused again for about a week again and it feels fab.

x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

You are doing fab!
Whats your body shape? then i can point you in the right direction of some nice dresses!
oh and price range?
and what shops do you normally get your dresses from?
i LOVE dress hunting! x

Well I'm a size 16 going down to now 14.. Have 6 weeks til the wedding so hopefully ill get to a 14 by then. I'm tall with. Huge hips! :(

No idea with colours! And I hate showing my arms x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Day 34.. I've started drinking green tea which helps weight loss anyway and is very good for you.. I can't stand black tea or coffee doesn't taste right to me without the milk. I've been having lots of flavoured green teas and it's another great way of getting water in my body :)
I recommend anyone struggling to get some.

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Also... I manage to sit in McDonald's with colleagues on lunch breaks and not crack, I've held a pizza night at mine and not cracked, I've got through Easter and not cracked... Now I have to face sitting there whilst everyone eats the worlds most amazing homemade lasagne and garlic bread on thurs then sit at a meal out on sat. Can't not attend it's my fiances bday. Argh.

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Well I had my weigh in his morning and have lost 8lbs for this week! Managed to sit through a birthday meal and have to go to a restaurant tonight. I'm very motivated. So that's 26lbs in 5 weeks. Very pleased x x

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs

Feel so low.

Food and drink are so social but not being invited to nights out and meals out and worrying about meals that I am invited to are making me feel so upset. This diet is giving me back my old life but ruining my current life in a way.. I'm missing out on so much. Couldn't face going to the meal out yesterday there's no point torturing myself.

I really understand now what people mean when they say this diet is emotional. Still, 26lbs in 5 weeks, Atleast that is something positive .. Just wish i could feel happier about it.

W1-9lbs W2-5lbs W3&4-4lbs W5-8lbs

Just bear in mind it'll all be worth it in the end :) im going for my first meal in 16weeks I'm on SS+ it is hard but I still go out with ppl when they go to restaurants just enjoy the conversation lol x good luck x

Hi R!

Nice to meet someone who has only just started.

Hoola hooping? That sounds like fun!

4 lbs in 2 wks? That sounds great to me, especially seeing, as you say, you weren't doing enough water plus had a few ss+ meals.

I like your advice about focus....I will take that on. Part of my trouble is despite how I look and what the scales tell me, when I want to justify my situation I tell myself "I am not THAT bad!" I usually say that before eating rubbish. If I stayed focused on the fact I need to lose weight there would be some change.

So my first lesson 2 days before I start CWP is to find ways to stay FOCUSED!!

Thanks R, I look forward to keeping up with your progress!

50 x

Back