cambridge diet to slimming world

Hi girls! Sorry not posted for a few days. Hope everyones ok. Im feeling a bit disheartned tbh, still enjoying SW and the food but only lost .5lb this week after 2 weeks on it, although it's not officially WI until in the morning so might of lost 1lb (woo bloody hoo) I have had no appetite what so ever for the past 5 days though and mainly just been eatting fruit. I have had 2 meals in that time and then just been picking at fruit during the day. Probs wont help mw weight loss as not eatting enough but just can't bring myself too. I have always been ravenous first thing on a morning but not any more, don't understand it!.

Also TMI but just had my first period in over 4 years (due to kids and bfeeding) so will that affect my losses?

Thanks xx

Hello Mumof4.. Oh heck yes, that will affect your loss and that as well as not eating enough too. Stick to the Red day over the weekend, easy to do with BBQ's too, lots of salad and meat and drinks lots of water too. Good for any diet, i go through lots of it on CD and will be making th switch beg of Aug to SW myself.. I makes a big difference. Also, why is 5lb, not enough?? Its almost half a stone, over a bag of potatoes and carry that around for an hour or 2 and it soon gets you down. Stop beeting yourself up about that, I think its a good loss. Is that your 1st week since going over from CD? xx

I'm worried about my WI tomorrow. I started SW on Friday but came straight from CD and I haven't lost an ounce! Do you think next week will be better? Is it normal? My SW leader is quite scary and I don't want my 1st week to be a gain or STS!! (shes lovely really...very earnest though)

Hi Poggy. Not that I'm in the same postion as you yet (beg of Aug) but I would count this week as a good maintained week from the CD. Your body needs to adjust to the diet you are on and that doesn't happen overnight. i know with CD that the first week is very visible with the loss, but its a completely different diet and be happy that you can now eat, lol.. i'd kill for bacon!! lol. I believe you will have that loss next week, so keep on it and enjoy the fact that you can eat fruit, veg, meat, mullur lights... mmmmm. Yes please.. Gonna go now, cause I have my shake to look forward to,lol.. and this is making me hungry. Good luck tomorrow's WI and don't worry about the scary SW woman.. it'll be fine. xx

1/2lb .5, not 5lb. I wish lol. It's my 2nd week, 1st week i sts which was expected and am really really pleased about. onna have to force myself to eat, who ever thought we'd be saying that while on a 'diet' lol

mumto4 dont beat urself up over it, .5lb is still a good loss - dont forget u cant expect CD losses on it :)

and first week doesnt really count seeing as your body is in shock about real food! lol

btw eternal flame - i think we will probably be starting around the same time? I go on holiday july 17th for a week and will start sw when i get back! cant wait! lol

Hey mumof4 a loss is still a loss.
My big loss is due to being poorly eating too many fake mcflurrys :( I will prob gain now im eating again.

Originally Posted by Poggy
I'm worried about my WI tomorrow. I started SW on Friday but came straight from CD and I haven't lost an ounce! Do you think next week will be better? Is it normal? My SW leader is quite scary and I don't want my 1st week to be a gain or STS!! (shes lovely really...very earnest though)

Try not to worry too much my mum put on 6lbs after coming off CD and this week (2nd week) lost 5.5lbs so it soon sorts its self out. 2 weeks on the diet and your body will have reajusted.

Hey mumof4 a loss is still a loss.
My big loss is due to being poorly eating too many fake mcflurrys :( I will prob gain now im eating again.

Originally Posted by Poggy

Try not to worry too much my mum put on 6lbs after coming off CD and this week (2nd week) lost 5.5lbs so it soon sorts its self out. 2 weeks on the diet and your body will have reajusted.

Totally agree Trip, your body will get used to eating properly agai soon, the weight loss on CD is amazing, but like the others have said with SW we cant expect such huge losses!Good luck ladies xx

1/2lb .5, not 5lb. I wish lol. It's my 2nd week, 1st week i sts which was expected and am really really pleased about. onna have to force myself to eat, who ever thought we'd be saying that while on a 'diet' lol

Sorry Mumof4, didn't read that properly. Still thats good anyway, its still a loss and bet next week will be better, have you been exercising? xx

yes, dragged off cambridge by other half when i collapsed and he thougt i was going to die. diagnosed with gallstones in the last 2 weeks, and i must say im suffering badly.
came off cd on sunday, joined sw on tuesday and lost 4.5lb in first week.
last week was not so good, and gained 4lb, but it was my bday, and although i think iwas good, probably lots of "invisible" syns
collapsed again on tuesday night, injected with drugs etc, saw gp who has barred me from eating any fat AT ALL, no cakes, biscuits, chocolates etc, or ill end up back at a and e.
so, im being REALLY good this week - as you can imagine! lol!

Eeek Scojos scary stuff, hope your ok x

yes, dragged off cambridge by other half when i collapsed and he thougt i was going to die. diagnosed with gallstones in the last 2 weeks, and i must say im suffering badly.
came off cd on sunday, joined sw on tuesday and lost 4.5lb in first week.
last week was not so good, and gained 4lb, but it was my bday, and although i think iwas good, probably lots of "invisible" syns
collapsed again on tuesday night, injected with drugs etc, saw gp who has barred me from eating any fat AT ALL, no cakes, biscuits, chocolates etc, or ill end up back at a and e.
so, im being REALLY good this week - as you can imagine! lol!

Heck.. Was all that due to the CD? x

ok those guys who have made the switch from cd to sw - I have an intelligent question to ask you (yes I do have them occasionally as opposed to my usual dribble lol):

when you made the switch, which CD plan were you on?

thanks

Heck.. Was all that due to the CD? x

gall stones are caused by a rapid reduction in the fat in your diet.

it would be liboulous of me to say they are caused by CD - but imho, yes, they were.
my bf lost 13 stone on Cd and also had gall stone problems, and as you can see from my other post they seem to be quite common.

i was on 810 when i was taken of CD - if that helps.

i have good and bad days, nice bday thanks for asking, since the scan last week they have been playing up, probably being due to being pushed and shoved,
thanks for your kind thoughts, be aware of these things if you are doing CD - there are side effects to rapid weight loss, whatever plan you follow....
tc

gall stones are caused by a rapid reduction in the fat in your diet.

it would be liboulous of me to say they are caused by CD - but imho, yes, they were.
my bf lost 13 stone on Cd and also had gall stone problems, and as you can see from my other post they seem to be quite common.

i was on 810 when i was taken of CD - if that helps.

i have good and bad days, nice bday thanks for asking, since the scan last week they have been playing up, probably being due to being pushed and shoved,
thanks for your kind thoughts, be aware of these things if you are doing CD - there are side effects to rapid weight loss, whatever plan you follow....
tc

Wowww that is scary! I suppose when you weigh it up tho, losing weight is better then not, if I stayed as I was, there would be more risk of heart disease, diabetes and blood clots in legs.. Arthritus as well .. So weighing all that up, CD does have many side effects I agree (have been TOTM for 23 days and GP said it was due to VLCD - CD), but the health risks attached to being over weight is far worse. I'm only staying on the CD for no more then 8 more weeks and have just moved up to the ss+ now, so I can start to eat. Can't wait to eat fruit tho, lol.. Will make the switch then. xx

Righty-o all.

Im away for hols now for 2 weeks. Ill be joining you all full time when Im back. You all be good now!

xx

Back