Cambridge Diet Virgin!!

JulieWooley

Hi there, thought I would introduce myself on here and say hi :)

I am about to embark on the CD, I have never done anything like this before and really nervous about it. I have got to the stage where I feel I need to take food out of the equation completely to lose weight or at least stop gaining!!! Have first meeting with CD lady this morning.

I am concerned about the negative side effects (eg hair loss, bad breath, headaches, weight gain following CD etc)

Is there anyone out there that has lost weight through CD and kept it off? Or at least knows people who have? Please share your experience with me. Thanks to all :)

Hi

Good luck this morning, you'll be fine!! The headache goes after a few days. I never really got one this time round, think it depends on how much caffiene etc you've had. Hair loss i've not suffered with and plenty of water will help with the bad breath hun.

I came off too early last time - hence me being back, but i didn't put all my weight on, just recognised that i was on a downward spiral. I understand now how important it is to follow the program through to the end. Same with any diet though, if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.... it's about learning new behaviours x

I was also a Cambridge diet virgin!
I've been on it almost 2 weeks now and I'm finding it really easy to stick to. I've failed at all other diets like Weight Watchers and Slimming World in the past, but have found it really easy not having to think about food since I've started doing this. There have been times when I've fancied something, but never enough to act on it.
And I haven't had any major problems with side effects. I felt like I was lacking energy on day 2 and had a really bad taste in my mouth so bought some mouth spray. But I haven't really needed it since as that had pretty much gone the next day. But no headaches or anything like that.
Good luck! :)

Hi Julie,

I was also a CD virgin, this is week number 4 for me and I am so happy with the weight loss and the way i feel, i must be honest and say i didn't get any of the bad symptoms so maybe i was lucky. I do get paranoid about my breath a little bit but i have a mouth spray with me but people tell me i am being paranoid and it is fine, i think it is more in my head more than anything.

Good luck on your CD journey :)

You're about to start a new journey :)
When i started for the first time in 2008 my hair did get quite thin, but this time round it hasn't. Who cares if you get bad breath, brush your teeth lol!

xSinead said:
You're about to start a new journey :)
When i started for the first time in 2008 my hair did get quite thin, but this time round it hasn't. Who cares if you get bad breath, brush your teeth lol!

How bizarre. I was just clicking through twitter, saw a retweet and thought. That face is familiar from somewhere and i just realised familiar from here and it is you!!!
How strange is that?

How bizarre. I was just clicking through twitter, saw a retweet and thought. That face is familiar from somewhere and i just realised familiar from here and it is you!!!
How strange is that?

Yes very strange haha! Hope you're following me! www.twitter.com/@_PlasticHalo

I'm week 9 today and am just short of a 3 stone loss, no side effects for me and I have so much more energy. Just sitting waiting for weigh in wearing my slender tone belt and working my abs the lazy way lol.

Good luck, the results are amazing and the support on here is fab :)

Thank you to all who replied and for your encouragement. Day 1 today so will keep you posted. Have a good week :)

Wisihing you all the best on journey!! I have also been quite lucky, headache was bad first 3 days however feel fantastic now!!

xx

Back