Cambridge journey Day 1-5

So, as a mum of a 6month old I didn't really have the time to cook myself a healthy meal every lunch time, hek I didn't have time to blow my own nose most days! So I needed a diet that would be
1. Easy to fit in.
2. Quick to make
3. Didn't involve me counting all the calories.
4. effective results!

A friend of mine was already on the diet and she looked amazing! So on the 10th of febuary 2012 I started the cambridge weight plan sole sorce.

Day one :rolleyes:: ok so the water intake is quite easy for me, keeping a bottle on me at all times really help to ensure you are drinking enough. The food side however, not so go! I ended up eating my last soup at 5pm and was starving the whole night...... total regret of starting the diet, especially with a cocky husband who decided to get a pizza delivered for himself. I powered through though and stayed focused.

Day 2 :mad::cry::( :confused:: Worst day, started off reall well but after again being so hungry and consuming my last soup at 5pm I was getting major cravings. I tried to sleep but I was shaking, sweating, crying, headache, restless and craving carbs like you wouldn't believe! I was soo very very close to cheating, however after battling through that night I finally got to sleep about 2am.

Day 3 :eek: :D: Wow! something amazing had happened over night, why am I not hungry anymore?! what is this trickery?! all day I was ontop of the world, so much energy! I also took a sneaky look at the scales and was amazed to see a 6lb weight loss! I had so much energy I ended up not able to sleep that night at all stayed up researching other cambridge dieters for a buddy (still yet to find one though). Plus the next day I never even felt tired, which for a new mum is a rare occurence!!

Day 4 :D :D :D :D: Same again! feeling really great! so much energy! Didn't feel hungry. Today I started separating my sachets so I eat 6 times a day instead of 3 which for me is a god send idea as its much less daunting than eating 3 times!

And here I am on day 5, feeling relieved that I stuck out the worst and battled through. never though I'd get this far, especially on the second night when I was on the edge!!

Woooooooop Woooooop!! :D

Well done on being 100% so far, usually u are not hungry when u are in ketosis, it only takes a few days to get into this diet and then it becomes habit, so well done and keep it up!! Gd luck xxx

When is your first wi? I still get excited about my wi when I know I have been 100% its exciting to see the scales going down!!

Hi you are doing really well - keep up the good work!! I'm coming to the end of Day 3 - still some headaches but hunger disappearing!

Thanks for the support! My first wi is on saturday! really hoping for a good weight loss as they say you lose the most on week 1! The only thing that gets me thining about "real food" is the smell of my hubbys dinner! haha

HI slim- penguin

Your are in ketosis well fond for being a 100%

It will be worth it at your Saturday weigh in

Just wanted my shake schedule with you just incase you come across being hunger after 5pm

When I wake in the morning I normally feel hunger however I believe that to be thirst so I spend the morning consuming my 1st litre of the day before my 1st shake around 10.30 at times not till 11.30/12

Then my next shake comes send 3.30

Having consumed more water in-between the 1st and 2nd

The 3rd Shake around 7-8.30

Keep up the 100%

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise MY2012! I am currently doing pretty much the same rotine as you, it makes it so much easier! I usually feel the hunger just before I go to bed, but thats ok because I find it easy to drift of knowing it'll be another day of cambridge complete =)

Hi guys, how long is the diet for?
and do you mind me asking is it expensive? easy to get hold of?

Hi clairy, I'm not too sure how long I'm on as for atm. I found my Cambridge counsellor really easily but going on the website Cambridge Weight Plan: a flexible range of weight management programmes aimed at both men and women and found loads in my local area, chose one and contacted her, I saw her the next day and started my diet! It costs me £39.90 a week, which I admit is abit steep, however I'm seeing results and for me I'd pay any price for something that will make me feel like me again!!!

Slim~Penguin said:
OK guys, its day7, thinking of going on SS+ but wondering how this will effect my weightloss time?

Hey slim penguin. Well I initially started on ss+ and I lost 11lbs in my first week I am now finding I prefer ss as I am finding I can't finish my sachets. I am not hungry at all no more but I do crave badly for walkers cheese and onion crisps that's the only thing I miss having

hey SP, there's hardly any difference in weight loss between SS and SS+.

the main difference is are you the kind of person who'll feel much better for having the small meal or are you a slippery slope to a binge if you eat anything kind of a person?

Hey guys, I'm afraid I may be the kind to get on the slippery slope, not going to lie! But I'm starting to feel really light headed the past 2 days n hubby is chewing my ear off about not eating enough (yes I've tried to explain the plan to him) he wouldn't stop me from doing it, just think he'd feel abit better if he saw me at least eatin something.....

Have you been drinking enough water? Having your packs at regular intervals? doing anything differently since you started feeling worse?

If you would prefer not to eat, you can always switch to 4packs a day, which is a different way of doing SS+

No not really, everything has been pretty much the same, obviously I'm only on week 1 so not really into a rotine as such. Plenty of water though, about 4litres! Think may be going up to ss+ tomorrow after my weigh in. Not going to feel bad about it though, positive thinking! Onward and upward! I'll keep you updated with my first weight in results! Very excited!

Woohoo well done u!!!

Back