Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge ss diary

Hi there. I'm new to this but wondered if anyone wanted to be a weight loss buddy. I'm struggling a little to do it on my own. I started 18 days ago, lost 8.5lbs first week and 7 second week completely chuffed about this. Started at 16st 9 and have set myself little targets so can't wait to get to 14st. I have PCOS and this is my only opportunity to lose weight because of struggling so much in the past. Been trying to conceive my first child for over 2 years, docs put it down to me being so much over weight, determined to prove them wrong!! Anyone in the same boat, would love to chat with someone! Hannah xxx

Hi Hannah! You are doing very well! I'm in week 7 and to be honest am still a bit stunned that I have stuck to it this long! I am doing SS+ (I cook for my family and not being to eat at all would be too much for me), though I do manage the odd SS day a week. I started out at 16.10 and am now at 14.9, so lost just over 2 stone in 6 weeks and now aiming for my 3rd stone. I want to lose 7 stone which should take me to about 10.5 (I'm only 5'3), so got a way to go yet, but the important bit is that I am already on my way:). Prior to CD I tried every diet under the sun. This is my first time on CD and although it has been hard at times, for most part I have actually coped OK. My hubby and kids are very supportive so that helps a lot. What step are you on? Will be glad to chat with you on here and hopefully we can keep each other motivated! Good luck!

Hi. OMG you've done brilliantly. The diet really works. I'm on ss 4 shakes a day as I'm 5ft 11. I've got the willpower this time as I'm so eager to have my own family. It really good you're family are so supportive. How u finding drinking so much water? And sorry to be so personal how bout going to toilet? Haha. Hope ur having a good day?xxx

Thanks. Water, well me and water (or shall I rather say, me and liquids!) were never friends! I still can't believe I'm having 2.5 litres of water a day! Though that being said, I can't have it without the water flavouring. I never drunk water before this diet. In fact, I used to be so bad that 2-3 days would go by and the only water/liquid that passed my lips were the water used to brush teeth with and whatever water was in my food! Suddenly after 2-3 days I would think, gosh I'm a bit thirsty and then realise I hadn't drunk anything since like 2-3 days ago:eek:. Terrible, I know!! But for 6 weeks now, I have religiously had my water every day and now it doesn't bother me in the least (as long as it's flavoured...lol). As for the toilet issue, I have been OK so far. I have one teaspoon of Cambridge fibre a day and that has helped me. I have only needed to take Duloclax once, and that was to clear the blockage, thereafter the fibre has done the trick. It's still not every day, but at least every other day. Gotta love this diet....being able to talk toilet talk as if it's a normal conversation topic...lol:). Just had my choc mint shake and doing OK so far today, though slightly stressing about dinner out with friends on Sat night. It's the first time out to a restaurant since being on CD. Have already checked out the menu online and there is nearly nothing I can have, so called the place and asked if they will be willing to make me a piece of grilled chicken and a side salad. Said yes, so all good so far. Just hope I don't get there and then they don't want to do it. Will take a bar with me in my bag, just incase....lol. I am determined not to cheat! Hope you are having a good day too?

You're exactly the same as me with the whole water situation. All I used to drink was tea and the odd squash. It's amazing how good u feel once you've had the 2.25 litres of water an I'm actually enjoying drinking it, never thought water would feel me up so much either! Good luck with the meal outing, you'll be fine, you sound like you've got the willpower. Good news that the restaurant will do that for you. I've got a family meal tomorrow at my mums. My brother is going to Afghanistan on Monday so it will be nice for all the family to get together, this will probably be the biggest temptation so far, but like you I'm determined to stick to it. My day has gone good thank you, just drank my banana bliss (which I REALLY enjoy) for tea at work whilst everyone had tuna pasta bake. How old are you if u don't mind me asking?x

Hannah in the same boat as you have pcos and this for me is my last chance to lose the weight. Must admit it seems a big mountain to climb for me as starting weight 18st I'm 5.8. Want to get down to 12. Sounds like you have got off to a great start glad to know that the diet works for pcos.

Hi Hannah, good luck with you meal tonight at your mum's! Stay strong and remember why you are doing CD. I like the banana bliss shake too. My favourite is the choc mint one....lush...just love it! I am 36 and am originally from South Africa! Though been here 9 years already. I am a happy bunny this morning, managed to fit in a skinny size 18 jeans and a size 16 top!! Measured myself the other day and have lost 59cm all over my body! Most noticeable has been around my tummy and waist. What is your goal weight? A very good friend of mine has PCOS and after many years of trying and one failed IVF attempt, she fell pregnant naturally. There is always hope. Hope you have a lovely day!

Hey. Congrats on ur inch loss that's incredible. And being able to fit into clothes without feeling horrible is ace. Bet you're very happy! Tonight should be fine, hopefully it will stay nice weather and I can sit outside with my chilled banana bliss haha! When's ur next weigh in? Mines tomorrow...fingers crossed. Wow, South Africa, friend who I used to work with was from South Africa, loved the accent. Working today? Hope ur good?x

Ooh...good luck for tomorrow's WI! Mine is on Monday morning. Yes, working today. Pity as is such a nice day outside :sigh:. Someone in the office has just gone and bought some pizzas for lunch. It smells devine, but it feels even better being able to say 'no thank you'...lol :).

Morning. Resisted all temptation last night ;). Think I've turned into a feeder though, piling the plate for my boyfriend instead haha, and started baking. Scones And cakes everywhere...strange. Your right is does feel better saying no. Your doing great. It's great hearing from you knowing there is another people in same situation. Hope today goes okay for you x

Resisted all temptation last night but have become a bit of a feeder piling my partners plate up. Also baking alot, house is full of scones and cakes but incredibly have no urge to eat them. Just been weighed 6 pounds off, so happy. A stone and a half gone in 3 weeks :) . Well done for saying no, you're doing amazing. Can't believe how well this diet works compared to others, never stuck to anything like this before. Have a good day, glad the sunshine is out xx

Wow Hannah!! 6lb loss is fantastic...and to lose 1.5 stone in 3 weeks is double wow!!:happy096: I know what you mean about feeding other people...I do the same with my hubby and kids. It's almost like therapy being able to cook these nice foods and serve it to the family...lol. I also love baking! I've not baked since starting CD. Can't wait to start again after CD. I survived my meal out with friends on Saturday. Was hard watching everyone eat starters, mains and desserts, but stuck to sparkling water and a chicken salad with balsamic vinegar so feeling quite proud of myself, though wont be doing that in a hurry again...lol. I have my WI tomorrow and really hoping for a 3lb loss. Fingers crossed. Forgot to ask you how old you are? Hope you had a good weekend!

Hi. You should feel so very proud of yourself. You did great. How was ur weigh in? I'm feeling very very hungry today yet I don't know, it's just the same as every other day really. I'm 23 from Shropshire. Have u had a good day? Got anything exciting for tea haha ;)? Xx

Hi Hannah, I lost 4lb at Monday's WI and very happy with that. Hoping for a 3lb loss this week. I get days like that where I am so hungry I can chew off my own arm...lol...but other days are more manageable again. I'm trying the Butterscotch shake today. Have not had it before...does that count as exciting....lol:p. Otherwise just plodding along. I'm going away for 2 nights this weekend with my family and my mom, but luckily will still be able to stay on plan. Have you got much planned for the bank holiday weekend? Hope you have a lovely day! x

Back