Can anybody tell me about about the dukan diet & im a vegeterian

SophieLily

Would love to know if this diet is for me.
Im a vegeterian but i do eat fish...
Plus i love the quorn products..

Any info would be greatly accepted,
as i am doing the cambridge diet at the minute which is a VLCD

Thanks sophie x

According to his book, this diet is difficult for vegetarians. Now since you eat fish, does that also mean you eat dairy and eggs? If that's the case, it seems like you would be ok. Tofu, tempeh, soy and seitan are allowed but no other legumes.

He has a list of 100 foods that are allowed at varying times through the course of the diet, perhaps you could do a search for that? If that list is comprised of foods you don't eat or don't like, it would be an easy decision for you.

The great thing about Dukan, though, is there is no restriction on the amount of protein you eat or allowed veggies when appropriate. That means you are not hungry! Big bonus! :D

I would also suggest you visit your library and read through the book first to see how it works. It is very strict but doable. Good luck! :)

We did used to have a vegetarian among us but she did find it difficult after a while because the variety of foods just weren't there for her. As Jennifer says, I think it would be possible if you ate eggs, dairy and fish but if not you'd be bored very quickly!

I'm a vegetarian who eats fish and have been doing Dukan for 5 weeks and have lost 15lbs. It's a very strict diet but i have not really found it difficult to follow or had difficulty in finding things to eat. It says nothing about eating quorn products in the book but I have noticed that the chat on the official site recommends quorn for vegetarians. I have used quorn products from the start of cruise and they have not stopped me losing weight, I use the sausages, burgers, plain fillets, mince and pieces. If you have anymore questions just ask:)

I'm a vegetarian who eats fish and have been doing Dukan for 5 weeks and have lost 15lbs. It's a very strict diet but i have not really found it difficult to follow or had difficulty in finding things to eat. It says nothing about eating quorn products in the book but I have noticed that the chat on the official site recommends quorn for vegetarians. I have used quorn products from the start of cruise and they have not stopped me losing weight, I use the sausages, burgers, plain fillets, mince and pieces. If you have anymore questions just ask:)

Thats brill, i want to lsoe about 3 stone so can you tell me what i would be able to eat day to day please seeing as your a fellow veggie!

Thats brill, i want to lsoe about 3 stone so can you tell me what i would be able to eat day to day please seeing as your a fellow veggie!

I'd recommend you get the book before you start and have a good read, it helps to understand the reasoning behind the diet and how it works.

On PP days I generally have:

B 2 small galettes with quorn sausages

L cottage cheese with tuna or crabsticks or an omelette

D fish or quorn fillets

and crabsticks throughout the day

on PV days I generally have

B 2 small galettes with mushrooms

L fish with salad or vegetables

D quorn chilli/curry, quorn fajitas(lettuce instead of wraps)
with lots of extra vegetables

and crabsticks for snacks

I'd recommend you get the book before you start and have a good read, it helps to understand the reasoning behind the diet and how it works.

On PP days I generally have:

B 2 small galettes with quorn sausages

L cottage cheese with tuna or crabsticks or an omelette

D fish or quorn fillets

and crabsticks throughout the day

on PV days I generally have

B 2 small galettes with mushrooms

L fish with salad or vegetables

D quorn chilli/curry, quorn fajitas(lettuce instead of wraps)
with lots of extra vegetables

and crabsticks for snacks

Sounds good to me,
I think ill go buy the book then!
Thanks alot x

and good luck everyone!

Don't forget what a godsend eggs can be, unless you are a vege who doesn't eat them. They are the perfectly balanced food in terms of protein, fat and minuscule carbohydrate. Also Tofu once you are out of Attack. I think DD also recommends the use of a small amount of lentils daily if you are vege, but I've not got the book with me here to check. It's towards the end I seem to remember.

Did we know you were a vegetarian Louschu? Did you do any research before starting because I'm pretty sure there are extras you're allowed because of not eating meat...

Don't forget what a godsend eggs can be, unless you are a vege who doesn't eat them. They are the perfectly balanced food in terms of protein, fat and minuscule carbohydrate. Also Tofu once you are out of Attack. I think DD also recommends the use of a small amount of lentils daily if you are vege, but I've not got the book with me here to check. It's towards the end I seem to remember.

No i eat eggs/dairy products & fish... Just not meat.. Thanks any info would be great..... I love crabstick if i can fill my face on them im happy lol

Did we know you were a vegetarian Louschu? Did you do any research before starting because I'm pretty sure there are extras you're allowed because of not eating meat...

You have mentioned that to me before Maintainer but I can't find any information on any 'extras' I'm allowed. To be honest though I probably eat as much fish as others eat meat and it seems to be working for me:)

Back