can anyone help?

got2doit

Hi everyone. My sister is pregnant and is worried she will put on weight (like I did) if any one has any tips I could pass along to her or any good pregnancy workout dvds you would recommend, that would be great. X

Quite a few of us have been trying to minimise the weight gain during pregnancy, and Slimming world is certainly a diet midwives would recommend - not for the aim of losing but the aim of minimising weight gain while still getting the required nutrients for your body and baby.
I would suggest that your sister have a chat with her midwife (I spoke to mine quite openly about my weight and she referred me to a dietician who went through what was important to have - calcium etc, what sort of weight gain i should aim for and bits like that and she will meet with me after baby to discuss weight loss further as she doesn't want me to lose weight during pregnancy just keep the gain to a minimum).

So in essence i think there will be plenty of support for your sister if she wants it - she just needs to ask :) .

Hi. I had a baby in 2010. Put on 6 stone, lost 3.
Another baby in 2011, put on 4 stone. Lost 1.
So imagine my horror in January when i found out i was pregnant and already massive. I cried. Not for being pregnant, but because of my weight. I was losing weight to have another baby and be healthy during it. But the best laid plans.
I didn't do any diet. I ate as much as i liked. But i avoided the obvious crap food. Never obsessed as wanted to enjoy my pregnancy but thought of it this time as feeding the baby good food, not junk. I put on 10lb all my pregnancy. I put nothing on until week 32. It was my easiest pregnancy even though i was obese to begin with. The day after i delivered i was 1.5 stone lighter than the day i found out i was pregnant. 3 weeks later i was 3 stone lighter than when i found out i was pregnant.

What i am saying is she doesn't have to go on a conscious diet while pregnant but if she eats whatever she likes avoiding the obvious junk that is no good for her or baby she can come out of it better than going into it.

I still have 3 stone to lose. But 3 in 3 years it is kind of dropping off this time. Huge surprise.

Hi. I had a baby in 2010. Put on 6 stone, lost 3.
Another baby in 2011, put on 4 stone. Lost 1.
So imagine my horror in January when i found out i was pregnant and already massive. I cried. Not for being pregnant, but because of my weight. I was losing weight to have another baby and be healthy during it. But the best laid plans.
I didn't do any diet. I ate as much as i liked. But i avoided the obvious crap food. Never obsessed as wanted to enjoy my pregnancy but thought of it this time as feeding the baby good food, not junk. I put on 10lb all my pregnancy. I put nothing on until week 32. It was my easiest pregnancy even though i was obese to begin with. The day after i delivered i was 1.5 stone lighter than the day i found out i was pregnant. 3 weeks later i was 3 stone lighter than when i found out i was pregnant.

What i am saying is she doesn't have to go on a conscious diet while pregnant but if she eats whatever she likes avoiding the obvious junk that is no good for her or baby she can come out of it better than going into it.

I still have 3 stone to lose. But 3 in 3 years it is kind of dropping off this time. Huge surprise.

Wow that's amazing that you only put on 10lbs on your last pregnancy! I'm only 16 weeks and have already gained 4 :(
X

By 16 weeks on my others i'd probably 2/3 stone on. I had polyhydraminos (excess fluid) on all three of mine so contributed to my weight gain. So you are doing great to have only 4lbs on.

I am hoping the weight comes off this time. I am sick of being fat. I am hoping three under three and all the running around will help lol.

Back