can anyone reccomend a good fitness dvd?

blossom102

Silver Member
sorry if im being a bit dippy but wasnt sure where to post this,was just wondering,those who use fitness dvds,which one do you use?im not the most co-ordinated person in the world.so not sure if i should avoid a dance one or embrace it?
i remember having the angela griffiths one years ago.and that was amazing,bought a few very fast dance ones since then which i only did once as they were way too complicated for a two left feet wobbler like me haha.
but thinking i would defo like to try one :) xx

I had a biggest loser 1 which was really good cos u could pick which workouts you wanted to do-I'm guessing there'll be a new 1 out now the new series has started x

Davina. Anything by Davina. Davina Davina Davina! She's awesome x

I've got Zumba for the Wii....

I've got Zumba for the Wii but I've never used it - hope it's not too complicated as I'm hoping to start doing it! Need to keep the blinds closed as I don't think the neighbours are ready to see me in action lol

I need to get my co-ordination going before I join a class that's why I got it so I aim to practice at home...Body Magic here I come!!! :bunnydance:

Davina. Anything by Davina. Davina Davina Davina! She's awesome x
Ditto! Lots of her workouts are only 30 minutes long, but great workouts. I love anything that involves boxing, as it really works on toning the whole body, but the arms (bingo-wings are now a thing of the past) and waist in particular.

I also have some dance DVDs, as well as Zumba. The coordination can be difficult, but gets easier with practise. The secret is to just keep moving, even if you can't follow the moves properly at first.

The dance ones I have are Vicky Binns Dance it off and 2 Tracey Shaw salsacise videos.

I always work out a "cost per use" of any DVD I buy to make sure it is money well spent. The Zumba pack was the most expensive at around £40, but I reckon 8 sessions and it has paid for itself - that works out at £5 per session, which I guess is what you'd pay for a class. Davina videos are around £15 each, so 3 sessions and you're quids in. I have some step videos that I bought in the 1990's and still use from time to time. I especially like the Kelly Roberts ones.

I've never actually been to a Zumba or salsa class, btw, but I didn't find them too tricky. The great thing is that you concentrate so much on doing the moves that you don't see it as a workout - unlike the 30 day shred, which gets great results, but I always find a chore to do.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
xx

I can't recommend Jillian Michael's (biggest loser USA trainer) 30 day shred enough. It's tough physically but not difficult to follow the moves. Best of all it only takes 30 minutes to do and you can really see the results.

I can't recommend Jillian Michael's (biggest loser USA trainer) 30 day shred enough. It's tough physically but not difficult to follow the moves. Best of all it only takes 30 minutes to do and you can really see the results.

She's evil! But it works!

I will third 30 day shred and Davina. 30 day shred does *really* work - I lost 4 inches off my waist doing it 4/5 days a week for a month but I did kind of dread doing it so couldn't have continued doing it every week.

I have two Davina ones and I actually quite look forward to them, especially the boxing sessions, which as Leapfrog says, is good for toning arms and waist.

Its worth having a look on Amazon for used dvds. They often go quite cheaply. I got my Davina "power of 3" dvd for a couple of quid.

Just received my Zumba pack through from QVC - it was a TSV on Sunday! Beauty is I can give it a go and if don't get on with it I can send it back! Just had a quickie look through it now and have to admit it looks great - they show you all the moves and the music is very toe-tapping! xxx

I'm only on day 2 of 30 day shred but It's awesome!! As it's only 20 minutes it's really easy to fit it into your daily routine and I can really feel it after just 2 session.

I'm also topping up my body magic with dance stuff on the Wii (I just set it to a 10 dance auto challenge and do it til the end- different every time so I don't feel like I'm going over and over the same stuff. Oh and I've got an Ab circle Pro which I plan to do the "miracle" 3 min workout twice a day on but I woulnd't reccomend anyone buying one.

And I've just bought Zumba too! Not arrived yet though. I went to a few classes and enjoyed it but class sizes are always massive and the couple I went to you couldn't move in!! It is fun though and you can really feel it, so I'd reccomend that :)

I have to agree with Davina. I have a set of her workouts which includes the first workout dvd she did and also her 30 minute workouts. They are several years old now but I have never found another that I enjoyed as much as those, particularly the first one I mentioned.

I would imagine they are pretty cheap to pick up on amazon now :)

Back