Can anyone recommend a GREAT firming cream or gel ??

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Hi folks,

I'm only in the middle of my 4th week and have noticed that my once huge and firm belly is now less huge but still huge and now flabby!!! (that was a mouth full):eek:

Can anyone recommend a really good firming lotion/cream/gel?? whatever, just something to help with any future sagging of skin. If I can avoid surgery in the future I will do.

Any info would be great...I'm sure there are loads of us out there who would like to see your input.

Thanks in advance xxx:character00238:

p.s. I can't do too much strenuous excercise due to bad back...bad neck..and bad foot....not caused by my being overweight I might add, just one of those things....:(

any info would be much appreciated:D

SJ,

I dont think there is a cream that helps enough to fight the amount of loose skin we have after losing several stones. Thats why I'm looking into the universal contour wrap. Its meant to help with stretch marks, cellulite and loose skin.

I too want to avoid surgery if poss, but Im waiting for feedback to see if people rate the universal contour wrap or not.

Best thing for stretch marks is Bio Oil and definately does the job.

I have to say I tried loads of lotions and potions for loose skin but nothing worked and I spent big on some things (Decleor Anti Sagging stuff was 40 quid), I also tried Phytomer bath stuff at 30 quid which did nothing as well.

Anyway go for Bio Oil for skin tone and stretch marks and maybe something like Palmers Body Butter for general keeping the skin supple.

Mike

Best thing for stretch marks is Bio Oil and definately does the job.

I have to say I tried loads of lotions and potions for loose skin but nothing worked and I spent big on some things (Decleor Anti Sagging stuff was 40 quid), I also tried Phytomer bath stuff at 30 quid which did nothing as well.

Anyway go for Bio Oil for skin tone and stretch marks and maybe something like Palmers Body Butter for general keeping the skin supple.

Mike

Cheers Mike, I'm currently using Palmers, and had bio oil when I was preggers so yep, think I'll go for that again.

thanks again xxx

Hi ya Sophia Jo
How about going to tonning tables see whats near you , the machines do the work while you lay there ?

Hi ya Sophia Jo
How about going to tonning tables see whats near you , the machines do the work while you lay there ?

Toning tables are fab. You'd think that they wouldnt do much because you just lie there but i used them for about 2 weeks and my thighs were so toned i was shocked. I am hoping to use them through Septmeber because i cant exercise due to ramadan.

I'm not too sure about firming products though. I would reccommend that you see if Dove have any firming products because they have good products or check out Avon, i know they do a few good ones. I also plan to get some firming lotion soon too, so i will let you know what i get and if its any good :)

Hope you are well hun xx :)

I can 100% agree with Mike, bought some bio oil last week coz i've got loads of stretch marks from yoyo dieting and i've been using it for 3 days and a scar that's on my hand has nearly disappeared it's amazing

I absolutely love Dove's firming Gel. I used it when I was pregnant and for about 2 months after and my tummy was lush. I actually lost a lot of weight unintentionally while I was pregnant - one of the few I think.

I'm using it again now, and intend to carry it through my LL journey. Plus its not too expensive.

I've been using Clarins firming products and having a monthly body firming treatment with Clarins. very pricey and hasn't really worked - although it could be because as I'm using the products I keep losing and the skin gets slack again...
Not sure how to test if it really works until I've finsihed.

But I'm going to do a series on contour wraps as well and I might try the toning tables as the place that does the wraps also has the tables.

I have stopped buying the Clarins from now due to expense and bought some bio oil on recommendation ont his forum.

I love Bio oil for the difficult bits like stretch marks and Nivea Q10 moisturising all over. I love the smell of Dove and have used it on and off.

So far so good.:)

Is Bio-oil greasy? Saw it on offer in Superdrug ....
Phoned a few places about the contour wrap today - prices vary wildly! In Falkirk it was 35 at one place, 50 at another - and 60 in Glasgow!

its like massage oil, i don't think it's greasy it soaks into my skin really quickly, i get hubby to be to do my back and oh its so relaxing :) I paid £15 for 200mls not sure if that was cheap but it was from a seller on ebay

its like massage oil, i don't think it's greasy it soaks into my skin really quickly, i get hubby to be to do my back and oh its so relaxing :) I paid £15 for 200mls not sure if that was cheap but it was from a seller on ebay

That is very good price!!!

What a lovely hubby:)

YAY i got a bargain woohoo :-D I just did a search on ebay as i had funds in my paypal account so seemed silly to wait 5 days for it to be put in my bank account and get charged for the pleasure lol. It smells gorgeous too

hi folks, went to bed early last night (8.00pm ish) so I couldnt post.

I bought a 200ml bottle of Bio Oil from ALLIANCE CHEMIST, I paid £16.95 instead of £19.95. you can get it from ebay for £16.75 for 200ml. I got the big bottle as I have a big belly LOL and you are supposed to use it 3 times a day on scars (which is what the blastard stretch marks are like) thankfully they are white so not too noticeable but still I want to treat them to see if they fade even more.

Bio oil is good for all sorts, and yep it's a little bit oily at first but soaks in leaving your skin nice and soft and you can use it on everything... your face...dry skin, severe sarring....the list goes on. Deffo worth a try me thinks...I had it when I was preggers and silly me didnt use it as much as I should...

I'm gonna go find somewhere who does the toning tables....they were out years ago werent they? I never did use them (was skinny then lol). I'll let ya know how I get on...thanks sweeties xxx

Aaaargh I'm a bit late for some of you but others this may just help! They have bio oil in T J Hughes so try there before Boots etc as it may save you a few quid. I think the bottle are about £15 or £8 ish.
I bought the small one just to see what it is like & it seems ok. I've not suffered too much with the stretch marks thing but have some acne scarring & a stab wound scar. The acne is less obvious, its kind of fading I suppose. The scar seems flatter so less obvious.

How much does it cost to join a toning tables place??? I also used them years ago.
I have got a slendertone machine though and that does help, I'm certain of it. Now I have lost some of the weight I might have another go at swimming too.

:eek: I've just called TJ's and they have run out of stock BUT when they sell it it's £8 for a tiny 30ml bottle, which is great if like you FC you want to just give it a try but my 200ml was just under £17. I'm off out in a bit to Superdrug, so I'll price it up there but I think that they are the full price.

FC :eek: stab wound ??? OMG :eek::eek::eek: xxx

Back