Can anyone recommend a reliable weight scales?

Britmummybites

Hubby bought £40 pound ones, and each time you tread on them they keep giving different readings. Even going up by 7/8 lb. And this was in a matter of minutes.
I got weighed by my CDC (1st weigh in since being on the diet, and when these scales arrived thought i try them and i was a stone heavier.:mad:
Any recommendations? As hubby is weighing himself at home.

hi

i got some new digital ones from asda, £30, i weigh a couple of pounds heavier than on my cdc's scales but as i only see her every 2 weeks i go by what my scales say and im losing lbs and thats all that matters to me :)

My scales are a weight watchers make and are 1lb heavier than my gp`s scales.....! As I didnt register on the chemists scales for a number of weeks I dont have a reading from them, though the day before starting I weighed at the drs so have a record this way....If I revisit gp I ask to double check our scales are still in sync whaich they are so I go by those and mine.
My weight didnt register on chemist scales for about 4 weeks.

i got some digital ones from home bargains for only £7.99 and they weight 1lb more than my cdc. you can weigh in kg, lbs or stones.

Hubby bought £40 pound ones, and each time you tread on them they keep giving different readings. Even going up by 7/8 lb. And this was in a matter of minutes.
I got weighed by my CDC (1st weigh in since being on the diet, and when these scales arrived thought i try them and i was a stone heavier.:mad:
Any recommendations? As hubby is weighing himself at home.

LLoyds chemist they have elctronic scales that weigh in lb, kg , and stones they also tell you your bmi and body fat content £35off at the moment only £14.99

Always buy Salter scales, they are so superior to any others i have found. My CDC has a set and so do I, I weigh the same on my scales as I do on hers.

i have weight watchers electric,they weigh,do bmi ,body fat and hydration. a great inspiration watching bmi coming down as well as weight . doesnt matter if your scales are the same as cdc , its still weight lost in the end

Yes i would surely agree to that. Salter scales are very good. I got a salter 9175 and it weighs up to 31st....

If you search on the net, for that model, you should find a place to get hold of one!!

I did a quick search on Azar's scales and amazon co uk are selling them at £37.99. You do pay £6 delivery as well. (£43.99)
Boots are selling them at £54.99
That's a lot of money, but I can well see it would be worth it for a CDC.

Have a look on ebay, I bought my Salter scales for £13 when everywhere else was selling them for £35. They were brand new still in box etc. Hope this helps.

It was the bathroom weight memory (weight watchers)from Amazon. And he checked his order this morning and they weren't the ones that he ordered. There is scales very similar to ours on Amazon and the feedback is really bad.

A few years ago my hubby bought me some Salter medical scales that I had to order from a medical supplies book (through work). They were really expensive but complete and utter cr@p :(

I've now got some el cheapo digital scales from Tesco and they are almost as accurate as the ones with the sliding rules that my CDC uses :D

The ones from Lloyds with the fat content and BMI thingies on are supposed to be excellent too :D

So it was an 'incorrect item' them! You can return it. I'm going to copy/paste the info from amazon website below for you.

If we sent you an item you did not order (an "incorrect" item)
  • As soon as you find out we've sent you an incorrect item, go to the Returns Support Centre and print out a personalised return label for your item. Send the incorrect item back to us using a personalised return label and we'll make sure you are not charged for it. If you want us to replace the item we sent you with the item you ordered, choose the "Replacement" option in the Returns Support Centre, and we'll send you the correct item as soon as we can.
Sounds like no charge even for postage and you get your money back or the correct item? Hope you get it sorted ! :)

I reckon, when it comes to buying scales, its always good to go for a high weight capacity one as its always helpful.

i bought one from Argos when i was newly accredited as a CDC for £64.99 coz it would hold up to 27st, and all other scales were only holding up to 23st. But i found out later that it would give different readings at times. Thats when i went for the salter 9175 one and have been really pleased with the results everytime.

but if your looking for scales try www.scales-r-us.com, not promoting them, but there are nice scales there

Back