Can anyone tell ......

I can honestly say that starting off on atkins changed my life. Now i sound like im in one of those self help thingys. Lol. No seriously, it made me see how my body reacted badly to bad carbs and then because it didnt totally agree with me made me learn about high fats too. Dukan has just helped reinforce that and now i dont want all those rubbish foods i used to eat. I might every now and then but on a day to day basis i dont miss them at all. Funny really as all my other diets you learn about low cal, low fat blah blah blah but it never re trained my way into thinking about food like i do now. Its definately a way of life for me now and not a diet as such (well wont be after i get to goal!)

great post cheryl

That's great Cheryl... you can help me then! I too know that carbs don't agree with me (I get bloated and gassy - most attractive!!), and I love feeling slim, yet why do I fall head first into carbs as soon as I decide to go on a bender?!! Some do alcohol, others... err... far too many carb vices to list and don't wanna tempt anyone! So while I might only eat carbs 20 days a year, wow at the quantity!

I think its due to how they make me feel that has changed the way i look at food. I just dont like feeling "hung over" after a carb blow out. Its no wonder i never had any energy to do anything. I just think of that and it steers me clear. Id now much rather have a huge plate of veg or salad than chips

Hmm... I'll have to work at thinking on that "hung over" feeling, because I don't think I've ever felt that way! Tired and listless definitely, and I sleep far less now that I'm slimmer than when bigger!

I often say that I'm two people in one... I do LOVE fruit, salads and fresh veggies, and indeed have 15 rows of veggies growing in a neighbour's field(!), but I also can go days without touching any of them if carbs are in my sight!

Recently in England, for instance, on the menu were: fish and chips, Indian and Chinese takeaways (twice for Indian); bread and cake teas a couple of times (something the French never have as a meal); fried breakfast twice. Everything BAD... and I won't mention the 4 x cream cakes for a £1 a couple of times!

I can't kid you or me that I prefer healthy eating to eating that stuff!

Back