Can anyone tell ......

sam86

me how this diet works..

thinking of trying it,, but don't have the slightest idea on how to do it...

any help would be much appreaciated

Have a look at the daily menu threads and you can see what we are eating.
Basically there is the attack stage :- protein and fat free dairy only, then after a couple of days on that the cruise stage where you do one day protein only and the next protein and veg - you carry this on until you get to ideal weight. Then you have consolidation where you start adding more things into diet like bread, fruit etc.

This is a low fat low carb diet.
The book is a really good read, although you can have a look at the following articles to get the idea.

The ultimate diet:The French have kept it a secret for years. Now the protein rich Dukan Diet is coming to Britain | Mail Online

The Dukan Diet: Put your fat cells on a revolutionary weight-loss plan | Mail Online

The Dukan Diet: Want to stay slim for ever? Eat whatever you want - except on Thursdays | Mail Online

Glad you found those links Longratia, cos I was looking and couldn't find anything useful (and couldn't face typing it all up). Given that we can't post links to other sites, it's not easy!

On the French site I use, we recommend people buy the book (then Dr D will be pleased with us also!!), else there are errors going to be made...

Enjoy the read!

You've gotta be kidding! I weigh more now than on Day 1 Dukan! (should I have posted that?!)

lmao Joanne- you cant you weighed 309lb as per your stats.

"Day 1 Dukan" note!! I weighed 71.1K in November 2007 the day I started yoyoing on VLCDs!! haaaaa!

When I weighed 141K, I lost weight "healthily" (but I smoked like a proverbial troooooper!)! Can't be perfect eh? ;)

ah yes I see. How did you lose all the weight from 309lbs?

I accepted that it wouldn't happen overnight (it actually took 22 months, including a couple of falls off the wagon). I counted calories, ate plenty of veg and fruit, and changed my way of cooking... (and smoked)...

Unfortunately I now seem to think that it should come off easily, and stay off whatever I eat! My hard drive needs reprogramming!

lol. i do think the more we yo yo (and believe i do) the harder it is!

Absolutely... ref your weekend - NO criticism intended, because you're a big girl and you know what you're doing, but I was doing that a lot this year. The odd meal/day/weekend (even WEEK in May) off... and putting on so much weight in May, and seeing that even size 16s I bought just to tide me through were too small, has clicked something back into place in my brain - like in 2002... (The 14s I bought in May are now big... but the 12s I already had are small - so obviously some sizing issues going on there.)

Somehow, sticking to it is easier without the interruptions. For me at least. I will come out of ketosis mid-July (maybe even end June), because I need to eat fruit and live in the real (food) world a little more, but I'll always I'm sure use Dukan to get the "control" back... when (or if?!) I slip up!

Oh I know! I had had this weekend planned since jan and the other one before Dukan and I have no more big weekends planned at all. I just knew if i didnt start Dukan when i did (even though i knew i would have blow out) that I would never get back into dieting.
So for me now strict until target (apart from the odd glass of wine).
I NEED to lose this I really do and im absolutely determind to get there and get into those clothes I have in my loft. In fact im getting them down this weekend for motivation.

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it because your body IS responding well to Dukan and I'm living proof that it doesn't always when you regularly slip in and out of it... in November 2007, I lost 7K in six weeks (to 63K and I'm told I looked "ill"!). Never since... in fact, never since have I got below 66K...

is that about 10 1/2 stone? I think as long as i can get into my size 12 jeans and 10 tops ill be happy (ish lol) ive always been small on top and large legs (can never ever get rid of them) hence getting the clothes out of loft. I have soooo many clothes its ridiculous but I think friday/sat im going to have a good clear out.

My lowest (since adolescence!) weight was moving into Consolidation, Phase 3, on Christmas Eve 2007 (bit of a silly date to do that and the inevitable happened!)... 63K = 1.5lb under 10 stone.

My eyes still saw "fat belly" but my friends told me "you're looking ILL"!

My GP told me to aim for 11 stone (70K) cos my past weight losses have caused loose skin and so where I see "FAT" is sometimes "SKIN"! But my eyes prefer to see me less heavy...

So I'm shooting for 67K this time, more reasonable than previously...

I do think that ince we have been overweight we will probably always see ourselves like that no matter how thin. one friend says to me no you shouldnt lose much more - another says oh i like you how you are now. Well I dont. i have gorgeous clothes (some never been worn) and i want to get into them (comfortably!)

I read somewhere once that, over a "certain age", a woman had to choose between her face and her stomach... I went a little beyond that, and so will know better next time (if I can get below 70K!!)

do you mean if you are larger your lines dont show as much?

Yes definitely on the face... but also, probably because I've lost so much in the past, I had dark hollow crevices under my eyes... and looked knackered! One "good thing" about being heftier at the moment is that my face is fuller... (and my boobs!)

Lol me too. I am struggling to get a bra to fit now - ive always had small boobaloobs (not everywhere does a 36aa in push up!) but with losing weight its worse. Im thinking stone and half off, fillers for my face and book implants lmao!

Back