Can being ill cause weightloss to slow?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by badger1980, 8 July 2008 Social URL.

1. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Just curious, ive got a lot to lose and had been losing at between 4-6lb a week, now last week I struggled to just over 3 and was a day later for weigh in but had been really ill with (man) flu the week before for about 3 days, now this week im 5 days and showing as 4lbs down already which fingers crossed will be 5 by thursday and my cdc scales will agree with. :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Loz1984

Loz1984 Flab 2 Fab!

Hi - I was poorly for 4 days or so at last WI and only lost 1 lb! I did have a bit of chicken salad one day as i had a bad tummy and needed something! My losses before then have been 4-5 lb.

Hopw you're feeling better now and the weight drops off again!
  4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, it does often slow.

I never lost much if I was ill, and even now when maintaining a 'poorly' week will lead to a couple of pounds gain, even if I haven't changed my eating patterns and exercise.

In fact, just a headache with a couple of painkillers seems to add on a pound.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.