can being on lipotrim for a londg time harm you?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by janinelee123, 19 November 2007 Social URL.

1. janinelee123

janinelee123 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    hi guys, been on the net to keep myself from cheating again (cant belive i cheasted, so upset with myself) and i found a site that says they dont recomend being on LT for more than 14 days as the ketosis can damage your liver and kidneys. is this right because i am planning on being on LT til next summer. got a lot of weight to lose. be even longer if i keep cheating. stupid woman.:mad: not gonna cheat again. cant go through this again.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. purplejulie

purplejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    OOh I'm interested in this too as I plan to be on LT until about next July (have half my body weight to lose!)

4. janinelee123

janinelee123 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    same here. got 125lb to lose

5. jellybeans

jellybeans Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    i got loads to lose as well its my second weigh in tommorow!! i will be asking my nurse about it!!

6. janinelee123

janinelee123 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    my 2nd weigh in tomorrow aswell. i will ask too

7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    The ketosis on a diet such as lipotrim is a benign dietary ketosis and hence will do no damage to you at all.

If though you are concerned then you should pop along and see your GP and chat it over.

Mike

8. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    I'm at the doctors on Friday so I'll ask the question guys!!

Surely this cannot be correct. This diet is monitored by medical people...doctors/pharmasists. Surely they would have told us this information if it was harmful.

Does no harm to check though. I'll let you know what he says.

9. janinelee123

janinelee123 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    hi guys, i asked the pharmasist and he said it isnt recomeneded for people who have had kidney or liver problems in the past and that is why they ask all those questions in the beginning. he said that some people can have adverse side effects and that is why you weigh in every week, so they can keep a check on you and you can let them know if anything is happeneing or if your feeling unwell. the way i see it, i'm gonna be loads healthier when i'v lost all the weight and even thou i cheated a little last week, i still lost 8lb and thats got to be good. thats 8lb my heart doesnt have to pump harder for and 8lb less fat clogging up my arteries. if i have any problems then i will my doctor know but so far, no problems at all and in week 3 now. plus, lipotrim cant be that bad. its endorsed by doctors.

10. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Thanks for sharing that with us. I agree once you are being monitored then this ensures you arent putting yourself at risk....

11. ravenbeauty5

ravenbeauty5 Keep smiling

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Icemoose you always pop up at just the right times!!

12. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Love the photo Janinelee!!!

13. welshyshelly

welshyshelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya there Bea...How's you feeling hun?

14. shivy

shivy New Member

LT long term

Hope you guys don't mind me answering this, am new to the site.

I did LT very strictly for 7 months and lost 9 stone last year. No ill-effect. If anything, I felt better than ever - I had no headaches, no colds or flus, when people were dropping like flies, I never got as much as a sniffle. It's really really hard, but I recommend it. I subsequently got married and between wall-to-wall parties over a 6month period, put back on 3.5 st. I have done LT for 2 months now and lost almost all of that. I have no intention of doing LT again however... I just don't plan on letting that happen ever again.

Good luck to you all on your LT journeys.

15. purplejulie

purplejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done for losing all that weight both times! It is encouraging to hear people's experiences. Interesting that you didn't get any colds, I feel so much healthier and full of energy at the moment - I'm only on my third week.

16. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Well guys I went to the doctors today and he's never even heard of lipotrim!!!!!!!!! I asked him if he thought being in ketosis for long periods was damaging in any way and he said "it depends who you ask". I was not impressed............DOCTORS what do they know?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.