Can I have too few carbs?

bigmark66

Hi, my second post.

The various iPad Apps that I am using often show that after my evening meal that I've only had say 14 net carbs for the day.

Do I really need to open up the fridge to make up the missing carbs?

To that end, if it were not for the nutrition we need from veggies, is there any other scientific reason to say that we need 20 g of carbs a day?

Just curious.

Mark

In the short term, no, I don't think it makes much difference. Either way, I mean- it won't hurt you, but it won't make you lose any more weight.

In the long term quite often people stall at very low levels of carbs and require more to kickstart weight loss again.

Yes - I was at around 10g carbs the first time I did Atkins but after a month or so felt incredibly ill whereas on 20g plus I feel great. I don't think very low levels is recommended for very long - but the odd low day here and there is no prob at all

boggins said:
In the short term, no, I don't think it makes much difference. Either way, I mean- it won't hurt you, but it won't make you lose any more weight.

In the long term quite often people stall at very low levels of carbs and require more to kickstart weight loss again.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Mark

moonlights said:
Yes - I was at around 10g carbs the first time I did Atkins but after a month or so felt incredibly ill whereas on 20g plus I feel great. I don't think very low levels is recommended for very long - but the odd low day here and there is no prob at all

That's exactly what I've been finding moonlight,. I'm still exhausted after a month on less than 20g. Boggins has been suggesting I up my cabs and I'm going too.

I too was hoping to stay at a low level and that I would loose more weight that way but it's not worked out, it shows how we must all tailor Atkins to our own bodies.

I think it's worth trying to get up to 20g with green leafy stuff - because they also keep you regular and lots of vits, etc.

Could try using some milk for tea/coffee if you want to use more?

Back