1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I make a soup with...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Kim&Leah, 8 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Kim&Leah

Kim&Leah Silver Member

Slimming World
    oxo veg stock

That's all the veg I have in at the minute and I want to use it up before I go shopping. Planning on making it tomorrow.
    Any tips and advice please, and how long can it be kept in the fridge??
    Ta :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Juliewoo

Juliewoo Full Member

you can! but it may be a bit sludgy, as you've a lot of flavours there.

Do you have a whole head of brocoli? if so check out gordon ramsays brocoli soup on you tube, it's gorgeous and is just brocoli.

or you could do potato & onion (a bit like leek & potato) add skimmed milk to make it creamy.

or just carrot with onion, add corriander & cumin at the sweating stage to make it a bit spicy & chili if you like it hot!

I always use a chicken stock cube, gives a better depth of flavour :)

hope this helps

4. Kim&Leah

Kim&Leah Silver Member

Slimming World
    Thank you.. I have a pack of broccolli florets unopened so there's plenty there.. thanks I'll put something together and let you know the outcome :)
  5. Trijian

Trijian Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Personally, I'd make a soup out of those, and I'd probably love it too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with making a nice veggie stew/soup. Generally when it comes to a big mix of veggies, I blend it down smooth, so there's no big chunks of different flavours, but that's really personal preference.

I'm inspired to go make a soup out of the carrots and leeks that are being ignored in my fridge now! :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.