can i stop taking my metformin

starr89

I was prescribed metformin last month after finding out i have pcos.. its making me feel so sick and i have just started taking birth control. Iv been trying to get in the doctors but they are always busy.. so i was just wondering if anyones stopped taking their metformin? And whats the worst that will happen x

How much you taking?
I'm on 500 twice s day, really good medication, although sometimes I have diahorea,....suddenly!
But on the whole I would recomend it.
What's your dose??? And yes you could stop, it's recomended for pcos but not given to everyone, so you don't have to take it.

I'm taking 500mg two to three times a day, depending on how many meals I have. My doctor told me to start off with one 500mg tablet a day for a week, then to build up slowly to the three tablets a day to give my body a chance to adjust to it. I've read that a lot of people have had bad side effects from them, but I can honestly say I've had none. I've been totally fine with them, and they've even brought my period back on after not having one for a long time.

I read in the information leaflet that you should consult your doctor before you stop taking them, as just suddenly stopping taking them can possibly cause side effects too. So I'd check with your doctor first.

Back