Can I substitufe a ryvita for a scan bran?

shrinki

Gold Member
I, I live overseas and can't buy oat or scan brans (I assume they're a SW product?). I had 28g oats this morning as a hexb and it said I could also have a scan bran. Can I have a ryvita instead or maybe slightly more oats another time? Thanks for your help.

I do as I can eat scan bran but I have to be in the mood. I also find it isn't that often I substitute ryvita with scan bran so in my eyes it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm not too sure on the SW view on this though.

I have 28g oats every morning and rarely have a scan bran. I can't eat them as they are as it's like eating sawdust!!! Occassionaly I make a SB cake and have a portion of that which works out as 1 SB plus a couple of syns. I think the reason the SB is included is because of the fibre, having more oats wouldn't do the same thing. A SB is only 1 syn and I think ryvitas are more than that and don't think they are as high in fibre. If I were you I'd work out how much of a ryvita you can have for 1 syn and eat that.

Thanks guys. Actually it's no problem, I will just have the oats and leave the scan bran. It's nice to hear I'm not missing anything by not having it!!

i've found scan bran this week in a health food and supplements shop, holland and barratts x

This is for Shrinki - Hi,
I am also living in Fribourg, Switzerland and have also just joined SW. It would be nice to have mail correspondence so that we can share on ideas on products that are similar to the ones in the UK.

Best regards,
Simi

I am also living in Fribourg, Switzerland and have also just joined SW. It would be nice to have mail correspondence so that we can share on ideas on products that are similar to the ones in the UK.

Best regards,
Simi
Hoi Simi! Are you English or Swiss? I would love to share advice on SW in Switzerland with you. I will send you a private message. X

simi90 said:

Best regards,
Simi

Hi, having problems sending you a message - the best thing would be for you to pop over to my diary - diary of a shrinking shrink in food diary section x

Back