can slim/save make you constipated? if so can you take something to help

lebody

ordered my samples last week, been cutting down on carbs and upping protein in anticipation of starting the plan on Monday .. finding im quite constipated, have been going everyday but it is a struggle and feel as if haven't emptied bowels properly (so sorry for tmi) im assuming its because in sudden change in diet (harldy any carbs) so have started to introduce them again just to make sure, as don't want to emark on the plan without knowing for sure its the diet causing it .. so have until sunday/Monday to get back to normal again until I start worrying! just wondered if will get like this on slim and save and if can take anything to help as its really quite uncomfortable at times x

Yes it can make you constipated. You will find once you start you will go less often as your taking on less solids. Sometimes it can also go the other way as well. I take a stool softener such as senna every few days and it seems to work ok.

thank you cherry blossom, will try pick up some senna tomorrow .. you've answered all my questions today, thank you x

It definitely causes constipation, but drinking plenty of water and eating the veg allowance will definitely help keep you regular. I know some VLCDs have fibre for sale because it's so common. I don't know if SS has it as I still have some left from Cambridge. I think some people take linseed as a natural fibre supplement. You will definitely go less often anyway because you will be consuming a lot less than normal.

Back