Can the party girl finally slim down??

I'm on the lash tonight, just getting my nails done and bored as hell!!

Doubt i'll stick to soda, ha haaaa. Glad you had a good time GTBSS (what the hell is your actual name!?)

Angry with myself now. I figured I could just take the syns out of this weeks allowance that I used last night but that leaves me with none for the rest of the week. It was all going so smoothly!! Grrr! What do you guys do? Draw a line under it and carry on syns for rest of week as usual? Or try and make it up by not having syns for next few days?

The lesson I have learned is that alcohol is not worth it. I'm perfectly happy just with soda. And I love food more than drink which is somewhat shocking!!

Find the positive!

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Angry with myself now. I figured I could just take the syns out of this weeks allowance that I used last night but that leaves me with none for the rest of the week. It was all going so smoothly!! Grrr! What do you guys do? Draw a line under it and carry on syns for rest of week as usual? Or try and make it up by not having syns for next few days?

The lesson I have learned is that alcohol is not worth it. I'm perfectly happy just with soda. And I love food more than drink which is somewhat shocking!!

Find the positive!

Definitely just draw a line and move it on. I couldn't survive without my daily syns. If you don't have any that will lead you to feeling deprived and then you might end up binging on something naughty :)

Urgh- I've had a 4 day hangover so was off plan *all* weekend. Poo. Thought about trying to have a syn free week too, not a chance, I must have had 200 on friday alone (2 bottles of rum I managed), so thought it best to just write it off.

Why do we do it to ourselves??

I'm back! A week filled with issues with the OH and 2 days in bed with a fever but I'm back! It was a STS this week for me unsurprisingly. I'm def on a lose/stop cycle. Bizarre. But hey, as long as this week is another loss I'll be happy!

2 days sick was not fun. Actually took time off work for the first time in 18 months as it really wiped me out. Weird timing as the day before I was just thinking how healthy I'd been for ages. Never mind! Couldn't stomach much so ended up with 2 slices of toast and some choc (somehow I can always manage choc....) so oversyns but nothing else. Oh well!

And now I'm off to make some newly discovered magic pancakes which I MAY consider sharing with the OH if he stops being such an absolute t&@t.... X

Sorry you were ill, glad to hear you're back and feeling better! x

It seems everyone's bf has been a pr!ck this week (isn't that right Chipmunk?) so we must be in the middle of a national male hormonal week or something. Or they've put something in the water. Mine had a mood on with me last night and I still don't know why....I just ignored him til he decided he was hungry, then he remembered how conversation works: miracle!

STS sounds good with the week you've had. Glad to see you are back on track xx

It seems everyone's bf has been a pr!ck this week (isn't that right Chipmunk?) so we must be in the middle of a national male hormonal week or something. Or they've put something in the water. Mine had a mood on with me last night and I still don't know why....I just ignored him til he decided he was hungry, then he remembered how conversation works: miracle!

STS sounds good with the week you've had. Glad to see you are back on track xx

Definitely something in the water!

I've developed a severe hatred for shopping! Wardrobe has been annoying me as everything just looks a bit tired and worn and going from a large 18 to a medium 16 means they're not all that flattering. So I need some new bits. But I've kinda lost my way. Do not know where to start. Bottoms are easy enough, I've got loads of pencil skirts and jeans but I really struggle with tops. Nothing that clings to the back fat, nothing that's too short and flashes the stomach, needs to actually fit over the enormous boobs and nothing frumpy. Grrr. Thinking about forcing myself out to the shops later. Eugh. Advice/suggestions gratefully received!

On a happier note, cooking up a Mexican feast today! green rice, Refried beans (made up they're free!), roasted butternut squash, peppers and onions and my favourite chorizo will take up the days syns. Nom! X

Urgh, shopping, I know exactly how you feel :eek: I tend to buy my shoes first and then buy stuff to match them, just to give myself a starting point, if you let me loose in a shop I end up with all sorts that doesn't match.......:rolleyes:

At the size I'm at now (same as you ish) and I find Debenhams good for clothes, I like the Julian McDonald stuff for partying and the Ben di Lisi stuff for work, then Red Herring ok for general life clothing if that makes sense. It's not too expensive but still well made, whereas I find eveything in New Look makes me look a bugger :cry:

Your Mex feast sounds nommy. Send me some??

No debenhams near me unfortunately but I know what you mean - used to work near one and would always head for those brands! I think I'm just stuck in a weird time - I want to look classic but on trend and everywhere I look I tend to find either end but no happy balance. And the shops that i like im still just a bit too big for. If only clothes could be as amazing as shoes....

Right, gonna do this. Watch this space.....

Good luck!! Onward Christian soldiers.......

Let us know how you get on, with photos please :D

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! 4 x 11 hour days at my desk are starting to take their toll now. Weird but I'm totally loving work at the mo, lots of stuff to get my teeth into and really see big changes for the company as a result but absolutely exhausted. Oh well, nearly the weekend. Soon ish....

Had a business lunch today so had a word with chef beforehand and got a beautifully healthy meal of asparagus (not a fan but hey!) followed by halibut and then delicious fruit. But had to suffer with amazing Sancerre in front of me that I wanted to resist. And I did. But that was painful!

1kg off this week which takes me to bang on 14 stone. Still a bit in shock. 2 months ago I was struggling at 15.4 and now I'm here!

Struggling with the mother at the moment. We don't have the best relationship at the best of times and are as far from 'close' as you can get but i figure it's time to move on so we're both trying. And it's hard. Her husband is an absolute &@!* and I've got to the point where I just refuse to be around him. Nasty evil angry man. So we're currently negotiating. Grandparents live near her so hard to avoid her if I want to see them. Ahhh the joys of family.....

Friday!!!!!!! Weekend!!!!!! Hurrah! That was possibly the longest week ever! Had a few mini panic attacks when i thought i wasnt going to make it to the gym - i am properly hooked now. Just need to find a magic cure for crazy gym hair now as the effort of washing and drying is too much when i need to run back to my desk.

So debating having tomorrow as my first day off plan. Ive done just over 2 months and stuck to it religiously with just a few days where ive gone crazy on the syns. And after the past few weeks im thinking i would absolutely love to crack open a bottle of wine and have a takeaway, not thinking about syns at all. Hmmmm. Shall consider it and weigh up the options.... x

Friday!!!!!!! Weekend!!!!!! Hurrah! That was possibly the longest week ever! Had a few mini panic attacks when i thought i wasnt going to make it to the gym - i am properly hooked now. Just need to find a magic cure for crazy gym hair now as the effort of washing and drying is too much when i need to run back to my desk.

So debating having tomorrow as my first day off plan. Ive done just over 2 months and stuck to it religiously with just a few days where ive gone crazy on the syns. And after the past few weeks im thinking i would absolutely love to crack open a bottle of wine and have a takeaway, not thinking about syns at all. Hmmmm. Shall consider it and weigh up the options.... x

Definitely don't think there's wrong with treating yourself to a day off plan. I usually find when I go off plan I tend to be kind of sensible anyway - well, at least more sensible than I would be if I just went back to eating the way I used to. If I was you I'd just follow SW as usual for the rest of the day and then just do the takeaway/wine without stressing over syns, then get straight back on plan the next day :)

Yeah that's the thing, I actually love my SW food I just want to have some wine to get through family lunch then curl up on the sofa with a pizza without counting. Maybe I'll give it a go. I think with SW you get so trained into making healthy choices that it's weird to go back. The thought of eating chips with lunch or something just makes me feel a bit eugh. Who'd have thought hey?!! X

Heeey, your work sounds as chaotic as mine :D What do you do?

Well done on your losses so far- I'm a bit jealous that you can actually stick to the gym! One can only dream. And well done on getting the asparagus down, bleurgh :sick:

Back