Can the party girl finally slim down??

I'm getting the hang of this rationed drinking!

Motivation is still sky high thankfully although I've realised I now need 2lb each week to get to target on time. PRESSURE!!! Went out last night and managed to ration myself to 3 half large glasses (psychologically it was more than just 1 1/2!) whereas before I'd easily do a bottle or two and then some shots too. Out again tonight and aiming to stick to the soda water as it's a big one and if I start drinking it'll be hard to stop. Reading that back I sound like I have drink issues! I don't, I just get carried away when I party!

Noticing quite a few body changes which is nice. Back of legs and bum are now looking surprisingly ok (I'll never think they're good!) and the exercise seems to have worked wonders on the cellulite. Just needs to happen to the front now tho, my thighs are awful! And stomach is less flabby and kind of smooth - not small by any means but not so lumpy. Anyway, probably TMI but it's helping my motivation x

Its good you can see a difference in your figure, it does help to keep you motivated when you can see those changes.

It doesnt sound like youve got alcohol issues to me, I find when I go out its difficult to set myself a limit especially with people buying me drinks etc!! Ive just pledged to give up alcohol for april with my fella so Im hoping that will help. Its good to see you are sticking to a limit tho! Keep it up x

Well nearly a full week back on it and I'm feeling very proud of myself! Under syns for the week if you take out my crazy outburst on Monday and managed a super healthy weekend which is always a mission for me. And only 2 squares of chocolate - progress!

Loving feeling slimmer too and can really see difference in mirror. Even if scales do STS on Tuesday I can at least SEE it's getting better.

And only 14 weeks until hol! X

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Well nearly a full week back on it and I'm feeling very proud of myself! Under syns for the week if you take out my crazy outburst on Monday and managed a super healthy weekend which is always a mission for me. And only 2 squares of chocolate - progress!

Loving feeling slimmer too and can really see difference in mirror. Even if scales do STS on Tuesday I can at least SEE it's getting better.

And only 14 weeks until hol! X

Well done on getting back to it. Its always good when you can see and feel a difference.

Yeh I might have had a fleeting moment of madness when I agreed to no booze for a month!! But it helps Im working two wknds this month x

So zero loss for me again. Very disheartening and feel like screaming. But like I said I can feel the difference and last month I did my measurements for the first time (inspired by chipmunk ;)) and it's surprisingly good news! Half inch off each thigh, 2 inches off hips, no change on waist (problem area, hate it!), and 2 inches off where bra strap goes (hate my back fat!). So happy! But the scales are still taunting me. So glad I measured tho.... X

So glad measurements have given you good results even if WI didn't. It's obviously working, so don't be disheartened!

Hiya
I have been reading your diary - don't give up and keep measuring ;)

I have very ...distracting weekends myself. I couldn't give up drink for a month! So well done everyone who can :clap: I guess I could if I really tried but my family would probably move out!!!!! Some weekends I can keep it together and others I can't. Just had a bad one so I don't expect miracles this week but then, that's life and the reason I lose and then put it back on again is because it's unrealistic for me to live like that 100%. So this time I am trying to go with it and be honset and accept a slow loss and try not to get down and sabotage myself!

Good luck x

So zero loss for me again. Very disheartening and feel like screaming. But like I said I can feel the difference and last month I did my measurements for the first time (inspired by chipmunk ;)) and it's surprisingly good news! Half inch off each thigh, 2 inches off hips, no change on waist (problem area, hate it!), and 2 inches off where bra strap goes (hate my back fat!). So happy! But the scales are still taunting me. So glad I measured tho.... X

Well done on the inch loss!! Its good youve measured yourself. All your work at the gym is obviously paying off. Ive been thinking lots today about not weighing myself I think I may have to copy you and take measurements too ;-) keep up the good work!!

Ah thanks guys! I am really pleased.

Knowing how weird my body can be I weighed again this morning - bad habit I know but I was certain I had lost after getting sloppy and plateauing for a month - 2.5kg off!!! I'm sure my body knows when it's Tuesday and clings to everything possible then gets to weds and goes 'woo! Let's drop some of the lard now!'. Bizarre. But good bizarre! X

I've just updated my six months to summer thread and realised I'm only 12lb away from my original target!

Thinking I'm going to have to revise my target as I'm not going to jump to a size 12 in 12lb am I if I'm still a 16 now? Confused!!!

But hey, feeling very positive as think I've had 'that' moment when your body suddenly shows the loss. It honestly felt like it would never happen. I just need to stick at it now and not get lazy and complacent like I usually do.... X

Well done on the jeans - it's a brilliant feeling. I was around at my mum's tonight and tried on all the things I had kept there that I used to wear for "when I could fit into them again". Most of them do!!! Including a gorgeous dress that I adore - just in time for a friend's birthday party next month! Hopefully it's not TOO BIG by then haha! (Kind of!)

I've just updated my six months to summer thread and realised I'm only 12lb away from my original target!

Thinking I'm going to have to revise my target as I'm not going to jump to a size 12 in 12lb am I if I'm still a 16 now? Confused!!!

But hey, feeling very positive as think I've had 'that' moment when your body suddenly shows the loss. It honestly felt like it would never happen. I just need to stick at it now and not get lazy and complacent like I usually do.... X

Sometimes we don't quite fit the 'size' that we think we should. Some people are a 12 and some a 14. It's more about how you feel inside. It sounds like maybe you didn't set your goal weight quite right, but don't let your future happiness be about a label in a pair of jeans. XXXX

Yah to the jeans and youre weight loss! Its great when you can see and feel that the weight has gone.

How about seeing where you are in 12 lbs time? It might make more of a difference than you think especially with exercising. Just be cautious of chasing a dress size, cos we all know the sizes are all dooolally! At my thinest I was generally a 12 but I had some 10s and was still a 14 in h &m and places like that!

Chipmunk - I hope it's like a tent on you by then! ;)

Thanks ginmummy and ted - I know what you mean. A girl at work said the nicest thing the other day without meaning to. We were talking about gym and stuff and trying to get to my magical 12 and she's like but that's only a size for you right? Bless her heart. When I told it was 3 (it was then) her face looked stunned - 'but you're really tall and you've got the perfect shape, how are you an 18?!'. Maybe that's true, tall people can look slim but be much bigger due to their frame - I remember gearing Marian Carey was a 16 at one point and she looked amazing (weird the things we remember hey?!).

We shall see. I just want to look good to myself, don't really care what size that is. I spotted a pair of beige roll up shorts in gap yesterday and I'm determined I'm going to be able to pull those off this summer. I have stupidly long legs so when all the fats off them in theory I should be able to rock stuff like that!

Now....just got to avoid the Easter eggs......! X

Oh dear. Easter is so hard with all the temptation around. But its done now, jump back on the horse.

I'm going to my mums tomorrow. There's bound to be lots of choc. Considering a flexi day so I don't ruin my really good week.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's just hit me - I have 10 weeks to go and if I keep giving in to the damn chocolate it's not going to happen and I'm still going to be fat at 30! NOOOOOOO!!!

Ok. No one to blame but myself. I have at least a stone to go and 10 weeks. This is totally do-able. It's just up to me to get my bum into gear. Right. Thankfully back to work now so routine is much easier.

I. Can. Do. This......

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's just hit me - I have 10 weeks to go and if I keep giving in to the damn chocolate it's not going to happen and I'm still going to be fat at 30! NOOOOOOO!!!

Ok. No one to blame but myself. I have at least a stone to go and 10 weeks. This is totally do-able. It's just up to me to get my bum into gear. Right. Thankfully back to work now so routine is much easier.

I. Can. Do. This......

Yep, you and me BOTH!!! Come on, forget the chocolate etc and get your a*** in gear! :blahblah:

So lets get our act together and get on with it! :vibes: sending you positive vibes x

Back