can u use use diff products

loopyloudrewitt

hey can u use slim and save products on lipotrim , they are a tfr diet too , but have bars soups etc and shakes , waws talkin to one of there chat ppl online they said u can , as the shakes/bars etc are the same as lipotrimn and keep u in ketosis

No I don't think so, I think the slim fast shakes contain too many carbs plus u have to make them with milk so I don't think u will get into ketosis

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I dont think you can use slimfast as it not TFR BUT o do occasionally use Atkins bars.... some days i dont have time or dont want a cold shake... So i have one of them with a cup of coffee at lunch time.... prob do this 2 maybe 3 times a week!!!

It hasn't affected ketosis or my losses at all.... However i would ay some of the bars are quite nice and if your not feeling strong they may be a slippery slope..... i literally leave the bars at work as they would be too easy to munch on at home!!!

x

Not sure. I know slim and save are different from slimfast so maybe. In theory all the tfr should be switchable but you would have to try and see if it affects ketosis

Tracy

Well, I've never tried Slim & Save, but having just looked at their website, it does appear to be the same sort of deal as LT. 3 sachets per day of 450cals etc. One slight thing that makes me wonder, though, is that it says "A mild ketosis may develop" - which doesn't seem as strong as LT's aim of definitely getting you into ketosis and keeping you there...

Why is it that you're asking? Is it the extra flavours that you want? Again, as I understand LT's aim, having dull and boring flavours is part of the plan! Both to physically cleanse your tastebuds and to psychologically break any taste addictions that you may have to junk-type foods. The reasoning is that when you DO start eating again, your body and mind don't automatically want to go straight back to strongly flavoured fatty, salty and sugary foods, but will instead be able to appreciate more subtle flavours of the healthier things...

If it's just an occassional item here and there (in a similar way to how Dee described the Atkins bars) then I don't think it should be a problem, but you'd have to monitor it carefully for yourself, I guess. As she said, it could be the start of a slippery slope towards craving "proper" food too early! :eek: Maybe you might want to switch completey over to S&S, but then you'll miss out on weigh-ins, so it depends how important they are to keeping you on track.

From your stats so far I think you're doing brilliantly - your average losses appear to be about double what mine are! :D I'd be rather inclined to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but of course only you know how you may be struggling...

Best of luck, whatever you decide,
Marianne x

Not slimfast I'm talkin bout ! Slim and save bars , they from a vlcd too , be nice now and again just t have one to chew on , seen as ppl commented Der nice , I don't mean everyday using some but maybe once a week be like having a lil treat for myself but not breaking lipotrim or coming out of ketosis

Why not? what ever works best for you and your weight loss goal is what should be important to you. If that is what you would like to keep on track then go for it. Rather that than a big cheat which would leave you feeling down.

:)

Not slimfast I'm talkin bout ! Slim and save bars , they from a vlcd too , be nice now and again just t have one to chew on , seen as ppl commented Der nice , I don't mean everyday using some but maybe once a week be like having a lil treat for myself but not breaking lipotrim or coming out of ketosis

The atkins ones are nice and def keep u in... I have a couple of the small choc onesd in my fridge for emergencys lol... Ie saturday nights... Then if I have something it doesn't really matter!!!

Strange thing is... Since they've been there not wanted them!!! Go figure lol... Xxx

Where u buy d atkins one from

Ty deezer , do they taste nice

I'd be on the slippery slope if I ate them ~lol~ especially if they tasted nice ;) x x x

Grrrr I may have to try one this morning as I've run out of LT as of last night and working this morning.... Can't get to weigh in until about 4pm! :(
what should I do??? Shall I just stick it out until I get my LT I'm not hungry or anything I can manage it x x

I'd try the atkins bars babe.... just then you have something in your belly.... U wont be tempted to have something else then chick x

Deezer said:
I'd try the atkins bars babe.... just then you have something in your belly.... U wont be tempted to have something else then chick x

Thanks Hun I won't be tempted I'm far too stubborn, but was just wondering whether if will effect my losses or anything xx

Deezer said:
They have never affected my ketosis babe!! Just up your water!!! x

Thanks hun... I'll see how I am getting on when I leave work at half two if I need something I'll grab one :) xx

I have been using slim and save bars when I am working away / travelling and they are lovely. I also sometimes have their spag bol or cottage pie TFR meals and these too are delicious. I think they make a nice alternative to LT on occaion and they have not made me slip down a slope and have not messed up my ketosis or weight losses so far so I would recommend them. Hope this helps x

Back