Can water help with weight loss?

Hannahkw1

Silver Member
What is everyone's opinion on this subject??

As I don't drink nearly as much water as I should! If I drink a glass of squash in the evening that is good going! I do drink nearly a litre of water if I go to the gym or spin class, but if it actually helps me lose weight I would think about upping my intake!!

Also, does drinking water really help with cellulite??

My ponderings for the day :)

hello im not sure but i know fat is water soluble so i suppose it could help with washing the toxins out. plus i suppose also drinking more water you eat less as your tummy is more full i find i wee loads though which is a nightmare if not near a toilet a camel i am not lol

definitely helps with weight loss as sometimes you think you're hungry but really you're thirsty.

And its fab for cellulite and general condition of skin - I really notice an improvement when I up my intake. I struggle drinking plain water in the winter so stick a bit of sugar free squash in

My physical therapist used to be a gym instructor and he told me that water is necessary for the chemical reaction that burns fat, BUT I have read articles by doctors saying that most of the water we need in a day we get from food anyway, which has water in it. So the short answer is that I don't know, but I drink 2 litres of water a day at my desk because it keeps me from snacking out of boredom!

I always have bigger losses when I make a concerted effort to drink more. Not being able to run to the toilet all the time when I'm at work is an issue for me, so I can't drink as much as I want.

I drink boiled water, warm as when I'm losing weight I tend to feel colder anyway so glasses of cold water aren't good :)

I do the same! I get funny looks from my mates sometimes when I ask for boiled water when they're all having tea :) But I like it, and it's a great way to keep your water intake up without having to hold cold glasses, especially in winter!! *shiver*

I've tried to up my water intake as I think it helps with weight loss and as somebody has said upthread it helps clear out the toxins.

I drink boiled water, warm as when I'm losing weight I tend to feel colder anyway so glasses of cold water aren't good :)

Hot sugar free squash is lush in the winter too

General consensus is that water is good then haha!

I actually did a bit of research on it, because I like to understand completely why I am doing something, in really simple terms this is what I found out:

The kidneys are meant to flush the toxins out and the liver is meant to break down the fat. When we don't drink enough the kidneys need more help so the liver helps out with that function meaning that fat is stored rather than broken down.

Makes sense to me if it's correct, so next week at work I'm definitely going to drink a lot more water, with the added bonus of extra toilet breaks!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Makes sense to me if it's correct, so next week at work I'm definitely going to drink a lot more water, with the added bonus of extra toilet breaks!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Try and do it slowly!! I went from 1 glass of squash a day to trying to have 2 ltrs in one day straight away, oh my God, I've never been to the loo so much, I'm sure work thought I was gravely ill!

Also remember that whilst it's brilliant to drink water, you can drink too much, let your body get used to it :)

Omg started drinking more water this week, and at work last night I was doing a five hour shift and had to go to the toilet 4 times!! The only bad side to it I think haha!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I've definitely have bigger losses the weeks I've drank 2 pints of water a day. I never use to drink much until someone at my group upped her water intake and changed nothing else and had a good loss.

Although going to the toilet every 5 mins gets annoying....at least I sit near the toilet at work! :)

I'm convinced that drinking water does aid weight loss but I can only manage a litre a day otherwise I'm up abd down all night on the loo.:rolleyes:

I have weigh in tonight and from tomorrow I am going to drink 2 litres a day and see how it helps!! Will be interesting!

I've definitely have bigger losses the weeks I've drank 2 pints of water a day. I never use to drink much until someone at my group upped her water intake and changed nothing else and had a good loss.

Although going to the toilet every 5 mins gets annoying....at least I sit near the toilet at work! :)

Same here!!! Had over 2.5 litres today so far and made a million (it feels like) trips to the toilet - thankfully next to my office!!!

With me I can definitely tell the difference if I do have days where I'm not able to drink much - I just don't go to the loo (in either direction) barely at all, which then really impacts on my losses. I'm a terrible drinker, I really have to remind and then force myself to do it.

An interesting topic, I have decided to drink water and have a jug out in the house all the time, can't drink it tap cold. Normally I drink lots of tea and never much else really -eek! Weigh in tomorrow be interesting to see how I have done :)

Back