Can we eat too much veg?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jessiepie1982, 14 January 2014.

1. jessiepie1982

jessiepie1982 Well-Known Member

I know it is possible that sometimes slimming worlders perhaps eat more free food then needed. Is that the same with Superfree stuff? Tonight I am making a potato bake, with some new potatoes, quorn ham and cheese, prob with some mushrooms and tomatoes in there also. I'm going to have this with sprouts, leeks and carrots. Is this too hefty on the veg?
  2. jessiepie1982

It won't be that much potatoes but quite a lot of the super free veg. More like nearly 1/2 or even 3/4 rather then 1/4 suggested.
  3. Aesa

Aesa Well-Known Member

I often eat more than 3/4 superfree. It won't hurt you at all!
  4. Gwella

Gwella Well-Known Member

It is INCREDIBLY unlikely that you could eat too much superfree without exploding! Some people say that if they switch from fruit to veg they see better losses but even that is up for debate!
  5. b_44

b_44 Well-Known Member

If I were you, I wouldn't try an over think the plan too much. Vegetables are good for you, lots of vitamins and minerals etc and they are super free for a reason so just go with it... If you want lots of carrots and Brussels sprouts (yum I love them), go for it and don't worry about how much is too much.

Sorry hope I don't sound patronising but I really wouldn't worry about your vegetable portion sizes. Cake? Yes, but not fruit and veg lol x
  6. jessiepie1982

Haha thanks guys. My dinner was actually so so nice! And the it was all super free apart from potatoes, some quorn ham and little bit of egg white and quark. Plus when all the veg was in the steamer it looked like tons but by the time I had put some aside for lunch tomorrow split between me and boyfriend it wasn't as huge as I thought. Lots but not piled high like I'm addicted to vegetables! I only eat till I am full anyway including the veg. Not sure about everyone here but I have kind of got use to how much I can eat.
    Still feeling fat after two pound gain this week mind you....
  7. krupskaya

krupskaya Well-Known Member

I agree with the other posters - you can't eat too much veg, so fill your boots!
  8. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Well-Known Member

Yep veg is awesome

Sent from my GT-I9195 using mobile app
  9. Jael

Jael Well-Known Member

I saw a documentary on human evolution the other day. It was the idea that humans evolved by eating cooked food, especially cooked meats and grains. They did an experiment, making people live off fruit and veg and nothing else, like our ape cousins, to see if humans thrived. The test people struggled to consume even a quarter of the amount of fruit and veg needed to meet calorie requirements. I'd say it's nigh on impossible to eat to much, although I guess you could have a good go if you ate 20 bananas a day
  10. beslim2014

beslim2014 Well-Known Member

I love veg so not a problem for me
  11. susie161

susie161 Well-Known Member

I eat tons of veg! Love them.
  12. green eyed monster

green eyed monster Well-Known Member

i have have one problem with too much veg....

'scuse me.:eek: