Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by annabarb, 19 May 2007 Social URL.

1. annabarb

annabarb Member

cambridge diet
    Hi can anyone tell me if we can use Almond flavouring and other types of flavourings in our shakes,I have found some recipes on the American Cambridge site ie
    Jamaican shake
    10oz cold water
    1/3 cup of crushed ice
    1 pack of Cambridge cappuccino
    tsp rum flavouring
    sweetener if desired

mix water,ice,flavouring in a blender,and Cambridge cappuccion and blend 15-20 seconds,:)

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

It always used to be that no we can't. I think that's still true.

It's worth noting that the diet is different in the States to here. So I'm not surprised they have a different take on what's allowed.
  4. annabarb

annabarb Member

cambridge diet
    Hi Debz thats a shame I was looking forward to some thing diffrent:cry:
  5. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

No we definitely cannot add flavourings to any of the shakes other than the summer berry or sunshine orange water flavourings.

CD USA is absolutely nothing to do with CD UK and the formula is different.

CLUCKS Full Member

I got all excited then at the thought of almond flavouring ......... Never mind :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  7. annabarb

annabarb Member

cambridge diet
    Me too Claire but never mind, can you tell me how you got the ticker-factory on your page?
  8. Trancer

Trancer Member

Lighter Life
    I regularly use imitation Almond and imitation Vanilla flavourings in my shakes. The imitation rum flavour is a bit naff so I binned the rest of the bottle.

The imitation stuff is nothing more than Isopropryl alcohol and chemicals formulated to taste so can't really see much in that to bump up calorie count or knock you out of ketosis, it certainly hasn't with me and I check at least 4-5 times per week.

The pure extract that is actually distilled from the vanilla pod or almond nut may have more of an effect on ketosis, but the quantities used are so minute that I doubt it. I have actually tried real vanilla extract in the past, but I found that the flavour wasn't as strong as the fake stuff and it cost a whole lot more than the 25p the fake stuff sells for.

I know none of the above is approved and I am only relaying my own experiences, so don't come after me if you suddenly gain 3 stone after using them.
  9. annabarb

annabarb Member

cambridge diet
    Hi Trance thanks for that info I have not used it yet but I though I would give it a try and then check my ketosis,hears hoping
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.