Can you all please wear RED on Friday!!!

Here is a picture of Nana and Josh...

nanajosh.jpg

I had a call from Nana Sue, and she wanted me to thank you all for all your kindness, your prayers and for wearing red...

This is what she said...

Josh's Dad said he was overwhelmed by all of your kindness, and wanted to say a big thank you to each and everyone of you.

The op was suppose to be 9am yesterday, but cos they did not have a bed ready in high dependency ward, they had to wait till 1pm, the op was 5 hours, they had to give little Josh a blood transfusion, a full one, and needs another one today. they had to distract him from 9am to 1pm, Josh is a milk monster, loves his bottle, and when he woke up wanted his milk, he kept saying Daddy Bot Bot, and this was breaking his parents down, as they had to keep distracting him, so he was hungry, poor lil mite! His Dad said he is not puffed up, as they expected, he has not even got a bandage on, they did stitches, and cos Josh has tried to pull out the thing in his hand, he now has bandages on both hands to stop him doing this. When he woke up from recovery, first thing he said was Daddy Milkie! and then he fell back to sleep, which made his Daddy cry!

Again Nana Sue kept saying please thank everyone from your chat forum for their kindness and love, it has meant so much to the family.

Josh is on the high dependancy ward with children with tumours, one lady kept saying to the docs there was something wrong with her daughter, for over a year, and now they found its brain tumour, got less than 3 months to live, she is a little frail girl of about 5, and then Sue told me about one family on the ward that has been living on the ward for 11 months, and haven't gone home cos of their son with a tumour, so it does make you think, life can be a drag, it can be crap, and we can think we have all the worries in the world, but go have a trip to a children's hospital and see what they have seen.

Sorry i am abit emotional today, really is upsetting hearing my friend so very sad...

But i told her i would print out your posts, and i was sending her loads of healing, and told her to be positive!!!

Hugsssssssssss to all of you lovely kind souls! it means alot to me too!!!

Sorry for the typo's xx

it just breaks your heart... it really does make you take stock of things. sending little josh all the love i can muster!!

abz xx

:gen126: Aww, it brings tears to my eyes reading how the poor wee baba just wanted his bot bot, hopefully he can have his bot bot and a hug from all his family real soon :gen126:

Keeping Josh in my prayers for a speedy recovery.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

nanajosh.jpg

Thank you for letting us know how Josh is getting on and best wishes and hugs to all his family as it is a tough anxious time for you all.

Please keep us updated with Josh's progress.

Love Mini xxx

Only seeing this now, hope the operation went well

just seen this thread now. Josh is in my thoughts and I hope he makes a speedy recovery very soon and gets to have his bot bot - I am sure he is in good hands. Hope is Mum, Dad and Nana Sue are ok too - it must be a very worrying timex

He is absolutely adorable!! Makes me wants kids someday. I am still praying for him, sending prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Will do........all the best and our thoughts are with you.

Oh, what a completely adorable little boy. My daugher Grace spent some time in intensive care at Great Ormond Street so can imagine what the family are going through. My sincere thoughts and prayers with you and the family - hope he recovers quickly.

Clare xx

is there any news on josh today hun?

having to stand by and watch your child in hospital when you can do nothing is a horrible horrible feeling. my wee one spent her first 10 months first in the nicu for 15 weeks and then in a side ward in the childrens hospital right by oncology seeing those poor wee mites was heart breaking. one mum was told her girl had just months left and that was 6 years ago, the girl is 11 now and still fighting. her mum was so kind to me, used to come and check my wee girl, even blessing my daughter with holy oil when it was thought she was on her way out. the strength of those mums always amazed me.

hope josh is recovering well and his parents have lots of support around them

Aww Claire that is so sweet, she was your guardian angel, earth angels are plentiful we all should remember how many nice people are out there!

I am glad your daughter is doing better hun, and happy to hear the little girl survived.

I added up there the call i had this afternoon from his Nana Sue, did you read it, well i have not heard nothing since, i believe the hospital allows one parent only to stay over, so tonight its the Mums turn, and Nana Sue was taking up a MacD meal, but she was not allowed to go in, so it was just passed in through the doors.

ahh remember the existing on takeaways, gained 6 stone that year

yeah it seems to be normal policy to only allow one parent to stay due to the lack of space on the wards.
hope she gets a bed, sleeping in a chair is really not fun!

Alll my love and thoughts with you and Josh's family....

Lots of love and Hugs

Nas x

Claire she is in a recliner chair, no bed. I believe she is knackered from the chair, and exhausted from the whole experience, but it keeps you going doesn't it when your baby is ill.

Thanks everyone Nana Sue is getting back to me today, she too is shattered so it may just be a text message.

Will let you know when i hear any news. Hugss xxx

Oh hun .. bless him.

I have twin 5 year old boys and I can't ever imagine having to go through anything like that with any of them.

Best and most sincere good health wishes for Josh and his mummy & daddy

xx

Just read this thread so sending positive vibes to you all. Bless him - he is so cute! Its so unfair that such a little one has to go through so much. Its hard cos they dont understand and you cant easily explain to them whats happening. Such a stressful time for his parents and family too, they must be exhausted.

I have been visiting Gt Ormond St hospital for years now, as a patient myself and then with my own kids. It is certainly a very humbling experience when you see what some families go through. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

I hope Josh makes a speedy and full recovery and is soon flashing that wonderful smile around again :)

Back