Can you be out of ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nicola444, 22 August 2007 Social URL.

1. nicola444

nicola444 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

If the stick goes pink would you still be in ketosis or could you be out of it - stupid question I know but I have had some garlic chicken and am now worried this will knock me out of ketosis but it was last night and the stick today was a strong pink colour - how long would it take to know?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I always thought it took about 20 minutes to show on your stick, like how long sugar takes to get to your blood stream! You may have been lucky and not kicked out, or you could have been out and in again lol, I think it depends if you start feeling hungry after you eat and it triggers more eating that counts!

4. RachelA

RachelA Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Think you were lucky Nicola!! Protein usually doesnt kick me out of ketosis. If I ever eat anything I always make sure its protein, but I really do try not to eat... honestly!

You should be fine!:rolleyes:

5. Gillybean

Gillybean Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Fat/orlistat
    I had a meal out last night and i tested as soon as i got home and again this morning and i'm still in ketosis, so i'm sure you will be fine

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.