Can you drink cordial squash and eat jelly? will it take you out of Ketosis?

Hi All,

I am on Day 3 of cambridge, i think i have lost 3lbs already and i have been 100% except i have had 1 small bowl of make your own jelly each day and have been drinking sugar free orange squash.

Will this take me out of Ketosis? :confused:

Please let me know as i really dont want to going through all this hell - as i hate the shakes they are unbearable, but i am doing it as the thought of going on my girly holiday with all my slim friends is even more unbearable!!

Thanks so much x :p

only the drinks that Cd do you can have

where are you going on holiday ?
Your home made Jelly how are you making that ?

With the jelly its a no no .
Have you tried mix a moose ?
from cambridge

In no way do Cambridge endorse this advice I have found the following has helped me and I have stayed in ketosis as these drinks have no sugar or citric acid: Perfectly clear straw and kiwi/red apple, dr pepper/coke zero. Cambride used to allow them but now say no..not sure if it is because they only want people to use cambridge products but I have heard others say that fizzy drinks can cause bloating and lead to hunger..people vary in relation to what keeps them in/out of ketosis but i've not had this prob.

Adding (tablet) sweetner to the shakes also makes the more palatable for me as does adding half a teaspoon of cinnamon to the porridge flavour.

These things may n6ot work for you b5ut have saved my sanity! Lol!

In no way do Cambridge endorse this advice I have found the following has helped me and I have stayed in ketosis as these drinks have no sugar or citric acid: Perfectly clear straw and kiwi/red apple, dr pepper/coke zero. Cambride used to allow them but now say no..not sure if it is because they only want people to use cambridge products

Awww. I hate it when people say this. There's lots of things cambridge allow that don't require buying the products. For example, these diet drinks are allowed on 810 and above.

For about 2 months, diet drinks were allowed on the lower plans. The other 24 years and 10 months, they weren't (well I don't think so anyway). In that 2 months, they found people were having a problem with the diet drinks. Weight stalls, feelings of hunger and cravings etc, so took it straight off the allowable list.

Very wise in my opinion.

So there they have an alternative drink that shouldn't cause a problem. People wanted water flavourings...so they made one. They make sure that any change in ingredients are monitored so that it will work. They test it so that you know one teaspoon is the max amount to keep the diet working.

Yippee. People don't have to drink plain water any more :clap:

I know some people don't appear to have too much problem with the PClear drinks, but I've seen it over and over again where they've ended up slipping up. The weight loss has stalled. And how on earth do you measure 1 tsp? :D

But, it may work for you at the moment, but I'd really advise others to keep to the plan to get the best out of it. If it did knock someone well and truly out of ketosis (because we all have different thresholds), it could be the end of the diet for them if they couldn't find that zone again :(

KD good advice. I have managed to keep away from my fav drint Pepsi Max ... its been hard though I wont deny it. Maybe one day I will try a small glass but not until I can afford to weight wise.

Back