Can you eat too little?

LJB12

Hi,

From Weds to Sunday I was really enjoying doing Red / Green days and was doing really well and eating loads. A typical day would be:

Breakfast: Two weetabix with milk. Fresh fruit. Mullerlight yoghurt.

Snack: Fruit

Lunch: Homemade liver&bacon casserole with a measured jacket potato

Snack: Two Alpen Light bars

Dinner: Meat and veg (lots of it)

Snacks: Fruit

I went to Barcelona on business on Sunday. Accidentally ordered fried calamari in a restaurant but peeled off all the batter and just ate the squid, and then a bbq'd veal steak for dinner. After that though, the hotel food was pretty limited as I don't like fish and there was lots of it. I couldn't eat too much, and a typical day was:

Breakfast: Fresh fruit (lots)
Lunch: Two small slices of chicken with a small portion roasted veg
Dinner: Four little medallions of steak in a gravy with a couple of bits of brocolli

Drinks: Water and diet coke (lots)

I felt permanently hungry mostly (once breakfast had worn off) and this week at WI when I got back - I had STS!!!!!!!!!

I was sure I'd lost at least a stone what with eating absolutely nothing for 3 days ... is it possible that eating too little could have meant I didn't lose what I ought to have?

TIA!

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is possible.
as weird as it sounds for a 'diet' you need to eat on sw.
most people find if they done eat a lot they dont lose-and even gain.
when your body goes into starvation mode it grabs onto all the water and fat for dear life which causes the lack of loss etc.

Hi - yep I agree with luverick... I had my heart broken and 4 teeth out at the end of August, barely ate for a week and only lost half a pound, grrgh. Just goes to show though that we can eat loads of gorgeous sw food and improve our weight loss by doing it - get in!!

I understand why this works, but from my own personal experience, if I eat less, I do lose weight.

Sure, if you don't eat a lot, your metabolism will slow down, but it takes a bit more than that for this 'starvation mode' to kick in.

In saying that, eating lots of free and superfree food is proven to work by firing up your metabolism and burning fat.

Back