Can you eat too much??

Yep exactly carebear, it wud be false advertising!think people just find it hard to believe as on most diets ur starving!i love the fact I can eat big massive meat and veg and potato dinner then if im hungry I can have sw chips!its great!that the beauty of sw!! J J so im gonna eat and eat and eat as much free food as I can and hopefully the weight drops off! xxxx

Ooops I better cut down on banana's then lol

Was thinking the same earlier as I seem to be eating loads. For lunch I had lettice, peppers, jacket spud and chicken dry fried with mushrooms, garlic, and spices....... if this is dieting bring it on :) Although might change my mind after my first weigh in

Oh no, have been eating lots of bananas and quite a few grapes as I have problems "going"...... will cut down on them from now on though....

i guarentee u have a great weight loss!thats the brill thing u can eat sooo much!

the thing with bananas and grapes isnt same for everyone, same thing goes for them they r free but they slow some peoples weight losses down but thats not to say it will happen to u, not every one person is the same, they never affected me wen i previously done sw xx

yeah but hunca sw dont count calories so its not about that, its been proven that these foods help u lose weight in unlimited quantities and if thats wat books says then its correct!

Sorry to disagree and I don't want to ressurect the whole calories debate but at the end of the day losing weight is about calories in versus calories out. Take in too many and you put on weight. if you want to lose then you need to consume fewer than than you expend.

SW has set up their eating plan to take the effort out of counting calories but any food, even free foods, if eaten to excess can negatively impact on your losses. So while they say unlimited they also say all things in moderation. So if you are eating for the sake of eating or just because it is free then that is not moderation in my view.

You should be eating to satisfy your appetite. If you are hungry, and it is really hunger not eating for emotional or other reasons, then eat as much as you need to satisfy that hunger. That is unlimited in the sense that they are not prescribing a certain amount. In doing this you should naturally regulate the number of calories you are taking in and lose weight.

thats your opinion but i no from previously doin sw that i literally gorged on free food bcuz i cud and i lost 2 st in space of two months.. its not about calories as iv said but ur entitled to ur thoughts..its worked for me before so gonna keep doin it! but made sure i doubled checked wit my consultant rules were still the same as so many people on here didnt seem to sure and they r.. so im just goin with it xx

I have to agree with Circes, as it is scientific proof, but I talk from personal experience too.
When I started SW, I always stuck to plan 100%, and my 2nd and 3rd week I STS. I was gutted, but when I cut back on the bananas and grapes I started losing, but really slowly.
When I cut back on eating copious amounts of free foods like fat free yogurts etc, I started losing much quicker.
When I look back and count the calories I did eat (though we don't count calories) I ate way too many to have a steady weight loss. Once I cut back on the sake of just eating as it was free the weight fell off.
Now I am trying to get to a happy medium!

I have a banana everyday - sts this week and was really fed up so think I'll cut them out for a while and see what happens. Thanks for the tip. :)

My consultant always says - 'Just beacuse its free you dont have to make a pig out of your self.'
Her examples are even if yoghurts are free you wouldnt in normal life eat 6 or 8 a day and although in theory a cooked chicken is free you dont need to est the whole thing just because you can!

This for me personally is about making a change to a healthy life style and in my normal life when i eventually get to target I cant see my self eating vast amounts of free food.
I am happy in the knowledge that I can have 3 delicious meals a day, have some fruit and yogurt in between and a treat with my syns like maybe a curly wurly and have a pretty good chance of losing when i go to class.

Careful about eating too many bananas, you can actually get addicted and suffer withdrawl symptoms from eating too many!!!

I have issued with eating to much for sure....Red / Original week for me this week and will eat til satisfied and hope for a good result.
Just because its free doesnt mean we have to eat.....I do think we have to learn to read our bodies hunger signals and gain a better relationship with food.
Just my opinion though......somedays I eat what seems like non stop but better to do with free food that go over HE's or syns
x

I have to agree with Circes and malaika, you really should be eating until you're satisfied (although the odd snack/treat is not going to hurt). At the end of the day it's down to calorie intake in order to lose weight. By following SW properly and eating until you're full will naturally reduce your calorie intake without having to count them.

I have found that my appetite has gradually reduced, I would say my portions are now probably the size they should be - I couldn't physically eat the huge amounts I used to, before SW and even in the early days of starting the plan.

yeap if its free you can eat it till the cows comes home

the more i eat the more i lose, this week i ate loads of fruit when ever im hungry i eat some fruit and i lost 3lb this week and i always lose 3lbish if i eat loads of fruit :). i always try and eat as many super speed fruits like strawberries and raspberries.

yea ... my 1st week of th 'diet' was so different to normal life.. ive never ate breakfst/lunch before, so i thought well first week my body will be getting used to all that food so i expected to gain, and i lost 5lb!! and that week i went a little mad but all on good stuff - i dont like bananas anyway so cant comment but was eating lots of organges and apples (cheap and chearful) and was suprised i lost at all!

i've calmed down alot now though when i feel hunger if i havn't long eaten i'll drink some water and wait 10mins if still feel hungry then i know to get a snack. but with my meals i eat quite a big portion and completely satisified..

the other day i had sausage chips egg and peas and ws completely free :) except tomato sauce added :)

i love free fish and chips with mushy peas mmmmmm

My advice would be to eat what you like, to feel satisfied at the beginning of your journey. As you lose weight so your requirements will reduce. If you don't recognise this and carry on eating the same, your weight may come to a halt and then you will need to cut down on the amount of free food you are eating. I know people hate the word calories but ALL diets are based on calories . . even slimming world. What slimming world done has come up with an easy formula so you don't have to do the counting. As you lose weight the amount of calories you require to keep losing gets less and as you reach target you will need to work out how many extra calories you need to maintain hence adding another healthy extra or roughly 80 calories. A person with a start weight of say 264lbs will be able consume much more free foods than someone with a start weight of 136lbs. My advice would be to learn to recognise when you are full and eat no more until you are hungry again, regarless of the amount. Sadly most of us after years of food abuse find it difficult to recognnise that full feeling until we are stuffed.Hope this all makes sense.

Back