Can you loose weight painting?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by hchappyh, 10 February 2010 Social URL.

1. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Been decorating the bathroom today. Got fed up of the dark chocolate brown (too tempting!) and so have gone for bright letterbox red...Been sat on the floor of the bathroom for what feels like ages. Have red fingernails now too. What I want to know is can you loose weight doing some mundane tasks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Tehee.

Yep. Decorating would be moderate activity. Wont burn a great amount but will burn more than sitting on the posterior watching the TV.

To make much effect you would have to keep doing it though, so any more rooms that need painting? Neighbours houses?:D

4. Surreystar

Surreystar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(29.41%)
    Diet:
    Watching what I eat!
    In my case it does as it stops me eating, as paint and food really don't mix :yuk:

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Nah. Yummy stuff. Besides, for healthy eating they suggest that you make a rainbow on a plate and eat your colours. And though they suggest you use veg and fruit to do this, I can see paint being a very easy substitute and probably cheaper :cool: ;)

6. shelz

shelz Silver Member

I'd take a wild guess that wallpapering will be the same?! I have promised my brother I would wallpaper his room at the weekend.

7. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Well, the good news is that I've just about finished the painting. The letterbox red looks much brighter and happier than the chocolate brown. The bad news is that I now have to clean the bathroom from top to toe and get rid of that new paint smell that I hate. I guess the cleaning (which I also hate) will help loose some lbs or am I just dreaming?!

8. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    go onto foodfocus.co.uk and register (it's free! and no emails!) they have a whole list of different activities and housework and diy are in there im sure. It tells you based on your weight and activity levels etc how many calories roughly you should be burning by doing these things.

K :)

9. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Thanks chocolatecat, will have a look at that site. Bathroom is really nice though,so pleased with the results. May have to start thinking about the rest of the house, especially if i can loose weight whilst cleaning, decorating etc.
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.