Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can you take water retention tablets?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cddietgal, 20 January 2008 Social URL.

1. cddietgal

cddietgal Full Member

I take them when its coming up to TOTM? Can I still take them on CD?
    Thanks Cddietgalx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Not an expert but I don't think you can, your body needs the water on a VLCD. If you are suffering water retention the best thing for it, strangely, is to increase your water intake.

Georgie
    xx

4. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Having not had TOTM for 3 years until I started CD, I'd forgotten all the lovely PMT symptoms - I suffer really badly from water retention, I'm sure I carry at least a stone in water in each (very painful) boob :D, I've also heard that you should drink more water to combat it, but not sure about taking tablets - sorry!

Corinne x

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Ouch, sounds painful!! Hope it passes quickly for you.

Gx

6. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Hi Cddiegalx,

The diet itself act as a natural duretic. Are your Duretic prescribed by the Dr? cause on the medical record form it says

It is advisable for the doctor to stop a customer’s diuretic medication before the Cambridge Diet is begun.

CDC

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.