Canadian's Weight Loss Diary

Canadian

WEIGHT LOST IN JULY, 2013:

WEIGHT LOST IN AUGUST, 2013:

WEIGHT LOST IN SEPTEMBER, 2013:

lCA5m6.png

WEIGHT LOST IN OCTOBER, 2013:

Wasn't speaking to the scale in October...likely swore at it one too many times. Will try to reconcile in November.

WEIGHT LOST IN NOVEMBER, 2013:

[TBA]

Last edited:
Oh wow, I forgot I'd even started this thread. I hope it's okay to bump an old thread rather than start a new one.

My weight is pretty much exactly where it was when I made this thread in 2011. The good news, I guess, is that I haven't gained weight. But when I think of all the failed diets I've tried in the past year and a half it's disappointing to see that there's been virtually no change. The thing is I always let life get in the way and don't stick with anything. I've said it before, but I want this time to be different.

While my weight has stayed the same, other areas of my life are drastically different than in 2011. I've moved and changed careers because being a workaholic and not having a life wasn't working for me. I have a lot more free time and a lot more flexibility now. I also have a lot less stress in my life. That means I really, really have no excuse not to lose weight this time!

It's July. I always feel like a new month is a fresh start and the perfect time to set some goals. The plan is to do JUDDD every other day. On my up days, I'm going to do the Couch to 5K (C25K) program and ease myself into jogging. My long term weight loss goal is to be at a healthy BMI. My short term weight loss goal is to lose 10lbs in July. I'll do my official weigh in tomorrow because I like to do it after a down day.

Hi . And welcome back xx

The weigh in was a reality check. I was ~10lbs heavier than I expected and I'm only 7lbs away from my highest weight ever. I did a lot of heavy lifting in June so might be able to attribute *some* of that to muscle, but I'm not about to fool myself into thinking it's 10lbs of muscle! Maybe the horrible weigh in was a good thing though because it's strengthened my resolve to do this. Today will be a DD and I'm about to go do one of my C25K workouts.

Jul 03/13 weight: 215lbs.

Edit:

C25K workout 1/27 complete.

Other exercise: 20 minutes on the Gazelle immediately after the C25K podcast ended because hey, I already had my running shoes on!

Water: 5 glasses.

DD food: bowl of Brussels sprouts with a tiny bit of melted cheese, a can of diced tomatoes and several slices of watermelon.

Last edited:
The weigh in was a reality check. I was ~10lbs heavier than I expected and I'm only 7lbs away from my highest weight ever. I did a lot of heavy lifting in June so might be able to attribute *some* of that to muscle, but I'm not about to fool myself into thinking it's 10lbs of muscle! Maybe the horrible weigh in was a good thing though because it's strengthened my resolve to do this. Today will be a DD and I'm about to go do one of my C25K workouts.

Jul 03/13 weight: 215lbs.

Edit:

C25K workout 1/27 complete.

Other exercise: 20 minutes on the Gazelle immediately after the C25K podcast ended because hey, I already had my running shoes on!

Water: 5 glasses.

DD food: bowl of Brussels sprouts with a tiny bit of melted cheese, a can of diced tomatoes and several slices of watermelon.

That's a fab dd, I keep having fleeting thoughts of exercising, but the shoes have not yet gone on

I think putting the shoes on is the toughest part. :p I can never seem to get motivated to work out. Then when I'm doing it I think "oh hey, this isn't so bad!" Those darn shoes!

I'm trying to do another DD and plan on doing another C25K workout today. Technically I don't think you're supposed to do C25K two days in a row but I have a couple of busy days coming up so am trying to plan for them. I also know I'm going to have two UDs in a row (I'll try not to get too carried away, but there will be meals out). I think I'd rather do damage control beforehand instead of after the fact.

Jul 04/13 weight: 213lbs. Technically the scale said 213.8 but I'd much rather say 213 than 214. ;)

Edit:

C25K workout 2/27 complete. It was tougher today, I suppose because it was my second DD in a row. But it's done!

Water: 4 glasses and working on another one as I sit here.

DD food: 3 small chocolate chip cookies (not a good start), squash and green beans.

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning after two DDs in a row. Down another 2lbs! Love seeing the scale moving in the right direction already - very motivating! Tomorrow will be another UD and then I'll get back on track with another C25K workout and another DD.

I think I ran faster during the second workout than the first one because my legs were a bit stiff and sore afterward. It was good to have a rest today. I'm just finishing up the first week of C25K. It's definitely manageable but I'm a bit concerned about transitioning to those longer runs. I guess I just have to trust that the program is set up in a way that builds stamina and endurance. I suppose I can always repeat weeks as needed but I'm hoping that won't be necessary. It would be nice to master the program within 9 weeks.

Last edited:
Turns out I'm having 3 UDs in a row (company, etc). Not ideal, but will get back on track ASAP. Tried to eat somewhat lightly today and will do the same tomorrow.

Time for a much-needed DD and C25K workout! I'm rarely hungry in the mornings but I woke up hungry today...I think it's psychological, LOL.

DD food: tuna and dill pickles (about 150 calories), a glass of frozen lemonade (about 100 calories) and a bowl of Brussels sprouts with a spoonful of salsa (about 150 calories). Approximate calories for the day so far: 400.

I'm so hungry today! I usually try to stay under 600 calories on DDs but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it today. I'm thinking I want a salad and a piece of fruit for supper. I hate counting calories! I'm never sure how accurate my guesstimates are unless the food comes from a package with a nutritional label, but I try not to eat too much of that stuff. I'm not one for measuring, although I do try to pay closer attention to portion sizes on DDs.

Water: 5 glasses so far.

Update: My DD turned into an UD. I tried to fill up on canned tomatoes because they're low calorie but that didn't work. :( I had a big salad and a fruit smoothie. I was just too hungry today! Will try to do a proper DD tomorrow. Maybe the key is to be really busy because sitting around today gave me lots of time to think about how hungry I was, LOL. If I'm distracted I'll be less likely to notice...I hope.

Last edited:
Got back on track with another DD yesterday. Today was an UD but I didn't get too carried away. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days and I'm not sure if it's a result of cutting my calories too drastically on DDs or what. If it keeps up I might try increasing them a bit and just limiting myself a little more on UDs. I plan to get back to C25K as soon as I'm up to it.

Had a great DD today! I wasn't even sure I was going to do it but I managed to stick with it. I was also feeling a lot better today so went for a very brisk 30 minute walk this evening. I went fast enough to feel the burn in my legs - and it was a beautiful night - so I'm pleased. Still hoping to get back to C25K ASAP but I just wasn't sure I was up to jogging yet after feeling so awful yesterday. Maybe tomorrow! I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's weigh in.

Thanks! I'll weigh again tomorrow morning (always after a DD) but I'm not sure the scale will move. I just hope it hasn't moved up!

Edit to add: had a great DD today and went for a 45 minute walk this evening. Need to work on drinking more water because trying to cram it all in at the end of the day means being up half the night running to the washroom LOL.

Last edited:
Disappointed and confused! Weighed in at 211 this morning. I don't understand. I think I must be retaining water because I don't see how I could have done that much damage on my last UD. I thought about having my second DD in a row today to make the scale move but I've decided to carry on with an UD as planned. I'll make sure it's a modest UD. Sigh...

Went for a walk today and have a huge painful blister on my foot, gah! I've been drinking lots of water today and am ready for another DD tomorrow. Desperate to see results the next time I step on the scale!!!

You could be retaining water due to the hot weather. I think i probably am.

Sorry about the blisters hun. Both my feet are covered in them thanks to a stupid new pair of shoes that rubbed me everywhere but where i had expected them to! Now i can't wear my sandals and my feet are so hot in my trainers.

I hope so. I'd had such good results the first two weeks and now the weight doesn't want to budge. I'm not cheating on DDs or getting too carried away on UDs. The only other thing I can think of is lately I've been eating one large meal on DDs at suppertime rather than spreading my food out throughout the day. I suppose that could make a difference.

I hate when that happens with the shoes! I can wear a pair one day and be fine and then the next day they'll rub my feet the wrong way. Ouch!

Weighed in at 210 today. It's annoying because the scale said 209 several days ago and I've been doing everything right since then. But I can't be too upset because that's 2.5lbs lost per week. That means I'm right on target to meet my July goal.

Last edited:
Hi Canadian, I just stopped by to say that this is quite normal on JUDDD especially after a big loss, I list over 6lbs my first week, then nothing the 2nd week and then 1lb followed by 2.5 in week 4, so you might be like me and have chunky weight loss rather than a nice linear drop so don;t get too upset about it really. JUDDD 2.0 I lost 7.2 last week and gained 1.4 this week, so really there is no telling whats gonna happen on this diet, but I bet by week 4 I am about 10 lbs down overall like last time. I think it's better to track your average weight on this diet rather than the highs/lows as long as the overall trend is down it will keep you motivated.

Back