Cancun Countdown - target challenge

Sweet-Temptation

Hi All
Its just over 10 weeks until I go to Cancun in Mexico. I have 12.5lbs to go until I reach my target and would like to reach this before I go on 05/12/11.

For the past few weeks I have been doing snakes and ladders with the diet and it needs to stop!!!!

I have started this thread to (hopefully) keep me on track to reach my goal.

Please share your thoughts and I would be grateful for any tips or improvements to my food diary.

Thanks for reading.......here goes!

DAY 1 - extra easy

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB) topped with one chopped banana and skimmed milk (HEA)

Snacks
Apple
Large portion of melon

Lunch
Salad (lettuce, celery, cherry toms, grated carrot, cucumber, onion, peppers)
70g of wafer thin ham
handful of wholemeal pasta

Snack
Mullerlight yogurt

Tea
Chicken breast coated in cajun spice mix and fried in fry light with bachelors golden savoury rice and roasted veg (peppers, onion, carrott, parsnip, mushroom, courgette)

Snack
Cadbury dairy milk bar (multipack) 10 syns

Last edited:
Day 2 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
Bowl of strawberries, 2 summer fruits alpen bars chopped up on top (HEB), covered with a vanilla mullerlight yogurt.

Lunch
Bachelors tomato and herb pasta and sauce, 70g ham and 42g low fat cheese (HEA) mixed in, served with salad (lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomato, carrot, celery, peppers)

Tea
Fanta Zero chicken - can of fanta zero, 400g tinned tomatoes, tbsp vinegar, chopped carrot, onion, red pepper put in a pan bring to the boil and simmer to reduce until the sauce has thickened and reduced, remove from the heat and stir in some fresh chopped pineapple. Pour over cooked chicken breast, plain boiled rice and veg (carrots, green beans, broccoli)
First attempt at the above and it was delicious tastes just like sweet and sour!! Mmmmm

Evening treat
Cooplands fresh cream iced finger 14.5 syns
I wouldn't have choosen the above but my boyfriend bought it me from the shop and I couldn't see it go to waste now could i??

Exercise
30 minute swim, 40 lengths

Day 3 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
Two slices of wholemeal toast (400g loaf), half a tin of beans, two poached eggs, mushrooms

Lunch
3 roast potatoes (3 syns), mash potato (2 syns), two yorkshire puds (8 syns), veg, chicken, stuffing (3 syns), gravy (7 syns), mint sauce (1 syn)
Piece of apple and blackberry pie (12.5 syns), custard (6 syns)
Sunday roast at the in laws so couldn't refuse, but now adding up all these syns i'm starting to regret it. Will have to cut back my syns for the rest of the week! oops! :(

Tea
Fresh pineapple topped with coconut mullerlight

Exercise
30 mins swimming, housework

Have a fantastic time in Cancun! We're headed there for Christmas and it's totally been my motivation to stick with the plan ('though you wouldn't know it at the mo with how much junk I've had this weekend.

Whereabouts are you staying? (no worries if you'd rather not say) Going to see any of the sights?

Thank you! We go first two weeks in december so get back just before xmas and can't wait. Staying at Riu Cancun, not planned any excursions yet think we'll wait til we get there and decide. Defo wanna go Coco Bongos and swim with Dolphins, wouldn't mind the xcarat park thing but depends how much it is. Where are you staying, have you been before?

Day 4

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA), topped with chopped banana

Lunch
Home made tomato soup

Tea
Jacket potato, cheese (HEA) beans and salad

Evening Treat
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Could fit in a second HEB and was too full after tea

Exercise
45 mins spinning

I did exactly the same for a holiday to cancun lol god us women think alike!! I achieved it tho, I just kept thinking if I'm
Good now I can indulge a bit on holiday!!! X

Thank you! We go first two weeks in december so get back just before xmas and can't wait. Staying at Riu Cancun, not planned any excursions yet think we'll wait til we get there and decide. Defo wanna go Coco Bongos and swim with Dolphins, wouldn't mind the xcarat park thing but depends how much it is. Where are you staying, have you been before?

Sounds very nice :) We're staying at the Palladium which is about an hour away from Cancun. We've been a few times before and like it so much that we keep going back.

DS isn't big enough to do stuff like xcarat (and he's just learning to swim), but I'm pretty sure that when he can go there will be no stopping him. I'd like to go to Coba or Palenque but I'm not sure I want to take a whole day away from the beach to do it.

Not sure what they are, but I know what you mean. I'm a bit of a sun worshiper and just like to lie on beach or round pool most of the day. its first time for us bit wanted to go for ages and not heard a bad thing. Hope you have lovely time x

Day 5 - extra easy

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA) and chopped banana on top

Snacks
Stawberries and an apple

Lunch
Homemade tomato soup

Snacks
Mugshot and mullerlight

Tea
Chicken curry (easy curry recipe), boiled rice and veg (broccolli, carrots and green beans)

Evening treat
2 hobnob cookies - 5 syns

Day 6 - extra easy

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA), topped with chopped banana

Snacks
Apple and melon

Lunch
Salad (lettuce, carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion, celery, beetroot) and ham

Snack
mullerlight

Tea
Jacket Potato, baked beans and salad

Evening treat
Crunchie - 9.5 syns

Exercise
45 mins spinning

Day 7 - Extra Easy
WEIGH IN!!!

Breakfast
42g weetabix crunchy bran (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA), banana

Snacks
Apple and Melon

Lunch
Lunch
Salad (lettuce, carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion, celery, beetroot, peppers) and ham

Tea
Grilled Salmon, new potatoes and veg

Evening Treat
Multipack Dairy Milk bar - 10 syns

Only lost 0.5lb this week, pleased I lost but disapointed it wasn't more. Nevermind will try harder next week!!!

Back