• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Canned products that are freeeeeeeee!

Silver Member
This may sound a bit odd but I want to know about all canned products (not just pulses or vegetables) that are free, I keep buying the same things:

Baked beans
Spag hoops
Vegetable ravioli in tom sauce

I wanted to know about more things like this which are free or are very very low in syns (1/2 or 1 syn) so that I can keep them in my store cupboard for those snacking emergencies!

Thanks for any ideas!!!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
asda's chick pea dahl free on green lovely with rice syn free chips or in a jacket potato:)

Silver Member
Have you tried the sweet chili mean beanz (asda sell them) they're yummy. On a red day canned mackerel in curry sauce is lovely on toast with salad.

edit: tesco and asda sell the curry mackerel but sainsbury's are rubbish and don't stock it.
Last edited:

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Red day - Tesco stewing steak in gravy is delicious!
Tinned new potatoes, sliced and fried in fry light, with chilli meanz beanz!!!!
I rarely buy tinned stuff other than baked beans or tins of other beans/chick peas so I'm finding this thread interesting and useful!! I am going to hunt in asda for that dahl, that sounds like a winner for me at lunchtimes...

The asda chickpea dahl makes a great base for a curry too. I use it loads as it is easy and free.
I also am a fan of the heinz meanz bbq beans, they are great with a chopped up cooked veggie burger in or you could use quorn sausages.

Mrs V

Loves Life!
I use the Heinz Meanz beans whenever Im on a Green Day with....quorn sausages, mushrooms, tinned new potatoes fried and egg....delicious as a cooked breakfast!

Fat busting crime fighter
a tin of tomatoes makes one hell of a meat free, syn free curry fest mixed with tinned boiled potatoes and curry powder!
my fav meal when i work away from home is the night before i cook some rice (its an ee free meal) and then on way to work buy a tin of stewed steak (m&S) and then heat up and its yummy and oh so filling