Canned products that are freeeeeeeee!

Rachella

Silver Member
This may sound a bit odd but I want to know about all canned products (not just pulses or vegetables) that are free, I keep buying the same things:

Baked beans
Spag hoops
Vegetable ravioli in tom sauce

I wanted to know about more things like this which are free or are very very low in syns (1/2 or 1 syn) so that I can keep them in my store cupboard for those snacking emergencies!

Thanks for any ideas!!!

asda's chick pea dahl free on green lovely with rice syn free chips or in a jacket potato:)

Have you tried the sweet chili mean beanz (asda sell them) they're yummy. On a red day canned mackerel in curry sauce is lovely on toast with salad.

edit: tesco and asda sell the curry mackerel but sainsbury's are rubbish and don't stock it.

Last edited:
Red day - Tesco stewing steak in gravy is delicious!

bbq meanz beanz, they are by far my favourites!

and also agree with mrs v tesco stewed steak gorgeous!!XX

Tinned new potatoes, sliced and fried in fry light, with chilli meanz beanz!!!!

I rarely buy tinned stuff other than baked beans or tins of other beans/chick peas so I'm finding this thread interesting and useful!! I am going to hunt in asda for that dahl, that sounds like a winner for me at lunchtimes...

:)

The asda chickpea dahl makes a great base for a curry too. I use it loads as it is easy and free.
I also am a fan of the heinz meanz bbq beans, they are great with a chopped up cooked veggie burger in or you could use quorn sausages.

I use the Heinz Meanz beans whenever Im on a Green Day with....quorn sausages, mushrooms, tinned new potatoes fried and egg....delicious as a cooked breakfast!

a tin of tomatoes makes one hell of a meat free, syn free curry fest mixed with tinned boiled potatoes and curry powder!

my fav meal when i work away from home is the night before i cook some rice (its an ee free meal) and then on way to work buy a tin of stewed steak (m&S) and then heat up and its yummy and oh so filling

Back