CAN'T COPE WITH THE CARBONARA!!!

stevieo

Any tips guys (apart from binning it!!)....for getting it beyond the milky watery stage?? I've tried it in microwave & on hob to thicken up but so far we just end up with rather an insipid soup with floaty bits in it.....& to make matters worse the portion size looks smaller than the real soups!

Even my cat won't touch it with a barge pole!! :giveup:

I have given up making it into carbonara. I have it like a chicken noodle soup. I add chillies and pepper and 250mls boiling water. Leave for 5 mins then bring to boil and strip constantly with a whisk for about 5 mins. End up with a tasty soup. There's always ebay;)

I've bought a few packs cheap on ebay to try, some people seem to love it and some seem to hate it, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway and see.

I use just under 130ml of water. I mix it up a bit at a time and stop adding water before it gets too thin. I then leave it for about 5 mins before zapping. I zap for a min and if its too thick I add a tiny bit more water before zapping for another 45 seconds.
PICK started getting far better results when I started adding water by eye.
Persevere because I think it's lovely!

Hi stevio I think variety is key. Don't have it everyday as I used to. It's not my favourite but every so often is ok. I hope u find a way that works for u.

Thanks all...I will try those tips & keep on with it for now as I've got about 25 packets to get through!

I use just under 130ml of water. I mix it up a bit at a time and stop adding water before it gets too thin. I then leave it for about 5 mins before zapping. I zap for a min and if its too thick I add a tiny bit more water before zapping for another 45 seconds.
PICK started getting far better results when I started adding water by eye.
Persevere because I think it's lovely!

Your "recipe" worked a lot better than my original attempts thanks Lisaberry
All I gotta work out now is how to get it to treble in portion size so it looks less like a toddlers lunchtime snack!!

All I gotta work out now is how to get it to treble in portion size so it looks less like a toddlers lunchtime snack!!

Am Actually going to eat it with my step daughters fork to make it seem more in proportion!

Yup, that's my only gripe with it. I started putting it in a cereal bowl that is really narrow at the bottom to trick myself into thinking there is more in it! Have you seen the pic of it on the exante website? They must have used 10 packs to fill the bowl up that much lol!

Back