Can't Get Started

Gingabyte

Hi,

I'm really really struggling to start dieting, I can't even get through one day without giving into cravings and stuffing my face. I have had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and also have IBS which should be enough motivation to diet but it doesn't work. I'm spending a fortune on food and even the thought of having extra cash in my pocket doesn't work. Food is a massive comfort for me and I end up going to it all the time.

Does anyone have any tips of suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

Everybody will be different, and I can only share what worked for me.
i changed my breakfast to fruit only, and then separated protein and starches for a few weeks. And I kept a food diary for about 3 weeks, logging every single thing that I ate.

Each morning I would update the diary on the app mynetdiary. And also did a weigh in each day so I could track my progress, which was incredibly motivating.

For breakfast, I could have as much fruit as I wanted, but only fruit. I have stuck with that, and it feels great.
The separation of proteins and starches I did for a month or two, and then dropped it. But what it did, along witht the food diary, was raise my awareness about what I was eating, which was very helpful.

I would keep a food diary it does help. Also how about setting yourself a target like if I lose half a stone treat yourself to something a bit special like a beauty treatment or a new top. I know how your feeling though it is difficult.

Back