Cant seem to get used to eating all points

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Bethany246, 13 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Hi
    Just a little note I cant seem to get to use all my points as today ive had only 9 points and got 17 left for my tea Im frightened to eat wish i could get out of this its just my first week hope i can get to use them all had 2 left over last night.
    I think i need a good teacher to tell me. All I can do is keep trying to use them all:sigh:

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Don't worry. Its quite a common phenomena when you start a new diet and you're feeling well motivated.

Perhaps if it goes on for more than a week you need to look at ways to incorporate more food into your diet so you don't go into starvation mode

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Thanks once I get used to eating more food i shall be ok I think it is with been new to the diet . Youve done well losing 8 stone how did you do that

5. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Just have a smirnoff ice- that'll wipe 'em out!! :p

6. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Hi

I dont drink

7. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

But thats the beauty of WW you can eat loads and still lose weight. You might want to think about using more for luhch and breakfast, 9 isnt a huge amount to have used for both meals.

Just think you can have a bar of chocolate or something with a clear concience.

8. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Thanks Starlight you cant believe you can eat loads and lose weight . I did a fresh fruit salad and I had a bowl full for about 3 points i weighed the apple and it took ages for the apple to get to 1 point had to use another. The ww leader has let me borrow her black new scales and they are really good i think im going to get some if you use them you dont have to use your shopping guide is that right.

Thanks for your help

9. Starlight

Youll need your shopping guide too. You cant really weigh everything. I wouldnt be without my shopping guide

10. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Oh thanks You are a real help when you started did you not eat all your points to start with what is the average weight loss a week on ww.

Thanks

11. Starlight

Ive ALWAYS eaten all my points. The first week I lost 6lbs and I lose an average of 3 a week.

I usually save 2 or 3 points a day and have them on a Saturday night as a Take Away but I ALWAYS use them all up by the end of the week.

Its the only way itll work :)

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Well-Known Member

If you're really struggling to use up your points, then I would just suggest eating higher point foods rather that low points. Either that or change your portion sizes.

I wish I had trouble using up all mine! Hehe!

13. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Hi Marie

Dont know why this is happening im just frightened to eat and bothered if i eat them i will go over my points if i have like you say bigger portions it will use points up a bit better than im having now dont want to go too big so i have not got any left for a treat I only have a sandwich for lunch so i might start having a jacket potatoe with cheese or beans baked
    Will have to do something
    How do you use your points in the day

14. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Seems to be alot to eat for your points

Hi
    There seems to be alot to eat for your points I cant seem to eat all this food makes you wonder how you can lose weight and eat all this food i have been saving 2 and 2 and half since i started ww.

15. Marie_D

Perhaps you should swap some of your low point foods for something a little higher in points - that'll help you to use them all. Remember that any points you save up have to be used before the end of the week.

16. Marie_D

I find it easy to use up my points because I'm a big snacker! I usually just have 1-2 points for breakfast, 4-5 points for lunch and then 7-9 points for dinner, then any I have left get used on snacks. I love to snack :eek:)

17. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Thanks Marie
    I will try that

18. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Hi Marie
    When i have my bfast i have i might have 2 points or 3
    then at lunch it is usually 5 then my tea can average between 6 and 8 then got loads left over

19. kate10

kate10 Well-Known Member

Bethany,

I'll eat your points for you if you like!!

Mini likes this.
  20. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

If you want them

Will have to try harder or eat higher pointed foods

21. KD

KD Gone fishing

That's the ticket :)

You will get used to it, and in a couple of weeks will be wondering how you ever managed to have points leftover.

If you are concerned that you won't have enough points for an evening snack that you might need, why don't you plan the day out, distributing the points so that you know you'll have the right amount?