Can't think of a catchy title...

Hello missfortimismo.

I teach primary and as it is supply I can have anyone ages 4-11!! It's fun although I would like to go back full time.
In June I start doing a full time maternity cover for ages 8,9 that will run to dec. Looking forward to it!!
Not sure what it will do to sw though I will have to plan better for lunches. At least there are no shops around for a couple of miles so I can't nip out for chocolate!

I hope your course goes well. What age would you like to teach?

Yes, getting baptised. Bit of a long story. The short version is that I was christened as a baby and began to believe in God for myself when I was 13 so a long time ago. I have been wAnting to be dunked as a believer for a long time but some churches have lots of man made rules about it. In the Jewish times people got baptised as soon as they believed and also whenever they were going through some kind of change or new start. I am finally settling in to a new church which is more God focused and they don't have lots of rules about it. Believe, get baptised. Finished!!

I will find out more tonight !!
Xx

Well, I spent a year in a kindergarten room (age 5-6) as a part time assistant and I loved the kids, and I just got done with an internship with fourth graders (9-10 years) and I LOVED it. I'm not sure what particular age group I'm most interested in yet!

Congrats on your baptism :)

Last edited:
Better update my diary! The week is going pretty good so far. 2 or 3 runs outside and one lovely run on treadmill. Oh and time on the cross trainer too. Lots of yummy food. Todays lunch for ex was 2 quorn saus, beetroot, s corn, b beans, cucumber, cheese 2 eggs and pineapple. Yum!
Hopeful for another pound off on Sunday.
Feeling positive about new eating habits and health so pretty pleased. I am finally actually losing weight after about 7 years of moaning about it!!! This time I KNOW I can do it!
Have a good week everyone!

Ah maybe I only post when I am feeling good?!
Actually, had a very happy few months and now I am back in control of flubber I feel even better!
Well done on your running pinkie! X

Wow I never update! More interested in seeing what others are up to!
Doing well so far. 2 lbs to go to get 2 stone off and only 11 to my main target ( under 10 stone)
Still slow but still going. Monday I start a full time teaching post for 6 months ( doing a maternity cover) it will be great to be so busy I don't think about food but I will have to prepare lots of yummyness to take in!

Drinking enough will be a challenge as loo breaks are few! Lol
I doubt I will do much running but I will try some evenings before dinner. I just know that I will be very tired while I get used to it!!

Certainly won't get time to weigh myself daily! Eek how will I cope ;-)
Will try to keep up with everyone on here
X

Hi! Teaching year 3/4 so 8 and 9 years old. Love them! First major time with this age I normally teach younger so I have lots of fun new curriculum to learn. Isn't your son this age?
X

From what you said on your thread he is more likely to want to write non fiction! Would he consider writing a diary imagining he is Al Capone or something?
Role play and imagination games might help, in my personal opinion too much tv and computer games do not! I know you limit his.
Could try making up a story together where you each say one sentence... It can turn out pretty funny, and in the case of boys, gory!
Not much help really. I think school can be a tough place. Where else in life are we sat down and told : now write a story!!? Even authors don't do that!

Thanks miss f!! I just came on here because I am resisting a very loudly speaking bag of crisps!!!

Having take away curry tonight, totally off plan so trying to be very good. Black decaf in my hand! Lol

Thanks for those ideas, I'll try some of that. But yes you're right - I think he does often feel put on the spot.

I had some cake talking to me the other day, so sympathise with you on the crisps. Enjoy that curry tonight, sounds very appetising! :)

Woodland girl said:
Wow I never update! More interested in seeing what others are up to!
Doing well so far. 2 lbs to go to get 2 stone off and only 11 to my main target ( under 10 stone)
Still slow but still going. Monday I start a full time teaching post for 6 months ( doing a maternity cover) it will be great to be so busy I don't think about food but I will have to prepare lots of yummyness to take in!

Drinking enough will be a challenge as loo breaks are few! Lol
I doubt I will do much running but I will try some evenings before dinner. I just know that I will be very tired while I get used to it!!

Certainly won't get time to weigh myself daily! Eek how will I cope ;-)
Will try to keep up with everyone on here
X

Your doing great with your weight loss. Well done!!
Congrats on the teaching job :)

Good luck tomorrow WG with your new teaching post. Let us all know how you get on.

Good luck. Hope you have a good start :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back