Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

So, after the vandalisation of my sofa I figured the best thing to do was get out of the house. So dragged boys to town as needed to renew bus pass.

In town was a mini mela with lots of street food stalls. The smells were devine. *groan*. So not fair!

But I resisted - being skint helped. Ha

Boys said they wanted to go for a ride on the Metro so off we went. Had to get off at Tynemouth (between Tynemouth and Wallsend closed for maintenence) so we had a wander. Boys naturally wanted to go on the beach but we weren't prepared for such a thing: no towels, change of clothes etc. It was such a lovely day so I said we could but had to stay on the sand.

Famous last words. Joe ended up face down in the sea.

But he survived and is his usual naughty self.

So after a day of dispair and having lush food smells thrown at me (fish n chips at the seaside) I came home and made my lamb, chorizo and med veg thing. Was yum.

And now I'm going to bed. DH on nightshift so off to snuggle with my boys and watch Peppa Pig.

Zzzzzzxx

Attachments

• image-2890799557.jpg
    image-2890799557.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 143
Today my downfall will be Chocci Dodgers!

Day started fairly healthy with a hard boiled egg.

But then the kids got out the Haribo wine gums. I had 10 - 170 cals.

Now I've had 2 choc dodgers and it is taking a helluva lot of willpower to not finish off the pack. It's peeing down so I've nowhere to hide...
I know it's an UD but don't want to go mad. Want to make healthy choices.

Back to work next week - hope I don't resort to mad binges on UDs when back home which is my fear. Cramming 2000 worth of cals into 2 hours

According to hubby I have pulled an intercostal muscle. This happened while lifting DS2 to put in car seat. He's 3 and a half and weighs 2st 4oz so no great weight.

It hurts. A lot. Can barely breathe.

Today I was working out an exercise plan for myself. It seems my body reacted very badly to this idea and decided to shut me down. Haha

Hubby reckons I need to stretch and it should be better in a few hours. In his experience.

He said that 4 hours ago...

Woe is me.

halfangelhalftart said:
According to hubby I have pulled an intercostal muscle. This happened while lifting DS2 to put in car seat. He's 3 and a half and weighs 2st 4oz so no great weight.

It hurts. A lot. Can barely breathe.

Today I was working out an exercise plan for myself. It seems my body reacted very badly to this idea and decided to shut me down. Haha

Hubby reckons I need to stretch and it should be better in a few hours. In his experience.

He said that 4 hours ago...

Woe is me.

Aw babe u poor thing :-( Worst ones to pull as not like you can rest them, kinda required for breathing lol! I think i got told just to sit down as much as poss and very very gentle stretching. And no lifting dem babies for a cpl days ;-)
Wishing u better x

it hurts when I yawn! aah no fair. :cry:

Will have to go to bed and watch the Winchester brothers another night. 2 cals short of Dr johnson UD guide but going to have a cherry horlicks. Cos it's only a guide. And I'm feeling sorry for myself. Hope all is well for my driving lesson tomorrow.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

awww babe sounds like your in the wars!!! Hope your ok and feeling better this morning xx

Woke up in a right grump! Last night's tea was lush but bread and chapattis are now taking their time to move. I'm guessing they always had this effect but until you start eating more healthy you don't realise how crap you had been feeling. ALL OF THE TIME!

I'm also being made aware of just how big our portions were. Meals for 4 people were eaten between me and my hubby. It's clarty but have been making for 4 but weighing out just one portion and finding the smaller portions are just as satisfying. So just the exercise of portion control has been useful. I've only followed two diets before - Slimming World and South Beach. Both are pretty much eat all you like as long as in the range of allowable foods.

Anyhoo, you can tell I'm on a DD as waffling to keep myself busy. ;oD

Muscles feeling better. Should be ok for driving lesson.

Away to burn some cals via nervous energy. Got a driving lesson. Hate them. Bag o nerves. You should see the sweat rings afterwards. He probd has to valet his car after me! Hah

Ha. Me. I should start going in a bin bag and I'll have a mini detox. Lol.

I did 3 perfect reverse parks tho. Yay me. Beginners luck no doubt. I'll probably run over a kitten in real life.

Weigh day: have managed alternate days since last weigh so have had 4 DDs

Scales showed: 12st 4lb. That's 3lb off. Woop.

Still waiting for the health benefits to kick in. I'm very spotty right now and there has been no improvement in my psoriasis and I've had some awful mood swings. That said, these could also coincide with the stress of the school holidays. LOL

Back to work on Tue so activity levels will increase slightly as I tend to walk some of the way home. I fin at 4 but bus not til 4.25 so I walk to the point where I would change buses to get to childminders. Usually takes about half hour. Maybe try jogging it if get fitter but it's clarty when carrying bags and wearing coat so dunno if will get to that point.

Not counting today cos I'd probably die. And dunno how to count ' the foot off a Costsa Gingerbread Man' ;oD

Weigh day treat has been some Percy Pig Rosey Noses and a new fitted sheet and pillowcases.

Oh, and me and the boys shared a small portion of chippy chips but they were a bit undercooked so disapointing. I think disappointing food should have less calories. The body should have some system for this. Haha.

halfangelhalftart said:
Weigh day: have managed alternate days since last weigh so have had 4 DDs

Scales showed: 12st 4lb. That's 3lb off. Woop.

Still waiting for the health benefits to kick in. I'm very spotty right now and there has been no improvement in my psoriasis and I've had some awful mood swings. That said, these could also coincide with the stress of the school holidays. LOL

Back to work on Tue so activity levels will increase slightly as I tend to walk some of the way home. I fin at 4 but bus not til 4.25 so I walk to the point where I would change buses to get to childminders. Usually takes about half hour. Maybe try jogging it if get fitter but it's clarty when carrying bags and wearing coat so dunno if will get to that point.

Not counting today cos I'd probably die. And dunno how to count ' the foot off a Costsa Gingerbread Man' ;oD

Weigh day treat has been some Percy Pig Rosey Noses and a new fitted sheet and pillowcases.

Oh, and me and the boys shared a small portion of chippy chips but they were a bit undercooked so disapointing. I think disappointing food should have less calories. The body should have some system for this. Haha.

BOOM!! Thats awesome, huge congrats darl xxx

halfangelhalftart said:

Darn right! ;)

Brilliant weight loss, Cara :D

P x

Only 3 more sleeps and back to work. Or one more DD after this one. So 1st day back will be an UD but I anticipate being so busy that I'll probs not have time to eat til get home anyway. Trying to save money by taking own dinners in but I'm notorious for leaving it on the bench at home! And ofcourse this leads to me getting home and having 4 butter n jam sandwiches! Must get out of that habit.

Today I gutted n cleaned my fridge. It is looking yummy and is full of fresh veg and lean meats. Worked out meals for next week and hubby went to Morrisons. I suspect this well organised thing will last all of two weeks. Haha

Used up some veg that was in fridge and starting to wilt to make a soup cocktail. Carrots, courgette, leek, tomato, garlic, chilli and added some cumin and oregano and a ham stock cube So we'll see how that turns out. I'm suspecting a bit like V8 juice. ?

I am contemplating cleaning the oven on my next DD. *shudder*

So, been keeping occupied with Twitter, Facebook and Minimins. Not sure how I'll fit them all in when back to work!

Hoping for one last nice day tomorrow to take boys to beach. It will be an UD so can have an ice cream! Woop ?

halfangelhalftart said:
Only 3 more sleeps and back to work. Or one more DD after this one. So 1st day back will be an UD but I anticipate being so busy that I'll probs not have time to eat til get home anyway. Trying to save money by taking own dinners in but I'm notorious for leaving it on the bench at home! And ofcourse this leads to me getting home and having 4 butter n jam sandwiches! Must get out of that habit.

Today I gutted n cleaned my fridge. It is looking yummy and is full of fresh veg and lean meats. Worked out meals for next week and hubby went to Morrisons. I suspect this well organised thing will last all of two weeks. Haha

Used up some veg that was in fridge and starting to wilt to make a soup cocktail. Carrots, courgette, leek, tomato, garlic, chilli and added some cumin and oregano and a ham stock cube So we'll see how that turns out. I'm suspecting a bit like V8 juice. ?

I am contemplating cleaning the oven on my next DD. *shudder*

So, been keeping occupied with Twitter, Facebook and Minimins. Not sure how I'll fit them all in when back to work!

Hoping for one last nice day tomorrow to take boys to beach. It will be an UD so can have an ice cream! Woop ?

I've got 2 more sleeps til work starts again, blugh! Is gonna be the ultimate test for me whether i can do a DD when having meetings
With morons and a collection of bores! My 1st day back is in fact a DD but no meetings so it'll be ok i hope.

Ur soup sounds really gorgeous! I'm a big fan of homemade soups, spechially when the weather gets cooler. Good low cal option for warming u up. Im a bit afraid of winter DD's tbh so hopefully soup will be the answer!

Caroline_Louise said:
I've got 2 more sleeps til work starts again, blugh! Is gonna be the ultimate test for me whether i can do a DD when having meetings
With morons and a collection of bores!

Do you work in the same place as me!!! Lol! Xx

Back