Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

Cara

Don't eat the skin and that will save you loads of calories (don't take the skin off until after you've cooked them though) :D

P x

I caved in to the pasta that I made for everyone else. I was like a woman possessed.
And so I had 4 bourbons. Biscuits that is.

So my first ruined down day ;o(

Was looking forward to summat nice tomorrow but it will have to be a DD instead. And as it was pasta my weigh in tomorrow will be crap. Double parp.

I'd just delay your WI until after your next DD Hun - never weigh in after an UD... Asking for trouble by doing that ;-) xx

Well.... I decided to get weighed anyway. Figured that even with the pasta and the biscuits I was 1200 cals. Which isn't going to rock the boat too much My previous dd had been 120 so What the hell

Drum roll please:

Today's scales read: 12st 0!

That's 4lb off from last weigh in. Altho that was an STS so average if 2lb

1 and a half inch off waist. Woop. I've got back into my black jeans.

So feeling pretty perky. Going to try for an ID today. Making a soup cocktail with left over veg before stocking up for next week. Will keep treats to minimum - there's nothing in the house atm - and then dd on Mon.

Time for a coffee... Laters peeps

halfangelhalftart said:
Interesting article: 7 side effects of drinking diet soda

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nutrition/photos/7-side-effects-drinking-diet-soda#0

I stopped eating/drinking anything with artificial sweeteners in about 3 years ago after watching A Sweet Misery. The amount of vodka n diet coke I drank in my late 20s/early 30s had probably ruined me now.

Snap lol! That's why I drink it with soda and lime now... As its obviously the diet coke not the vodka that does the damage ;-)

i really hate diet drinks the taste of diet coke is horrendous its so synthetic!! Dnt mind coke zero but then think im going to knock that on the had now after reading that :eek:xxx

Soooo. After having lost my full whole stone on Judddd I figured I better up the ante and add some exercise. I had been trying to fit in a tabata routine in in the morning before the kids got up. Some days better than others cos sometimes kids get up and Joe has a massive paddy if he doesn't get his morning lie down cuddle. But it's a start. Anyhoo, inspired by all this running talk I downloaded a few different couch to 5k apps.

Before the summer break I changed my finish time to 4. The bus doesn't come til 4.30 so I started walking to the point where I change buses. Anyhoo, on Monday I had my first go at Couch to 5k-ing it. Naturally I got to my destination before the session finished as it only takes 25 mins to walk it, but it was a good indicator. So on Tuesday I decided to try it all the way to the childminders. As that takes just over an hour to walk I finished the session with distance to spare. On Thursdays, Keith is off and takes the boys so I don't have to go to work via the childminders. So had another go - official day 2. Finished session followed by another 15 mins walk to work. I was lathered as was some uphill work. And ofcourse, each time I had my coat on and was carrying my bag!

Nipped out this morning for session 3 and just ran round the park. Which is much easier to do than a 20 min trip each way to the nearest gym.

So let's hope it gets easier!
Still doing ADF with weigh in every 4 DD so wi on Monday. Expecting last w/e to catch up with me and UDs have involved lots of biscuits so probably an STS.

Going to have to find to check in more often to avoid writing an essay!

Good luck with the running - I am a total running convert having taken it up in January 2008 at about 18st! I started by walking fast between lampposts and the bit by bit, I started jogging between lampposts, then I managed jogging between 2 lampposts.... by September of that year, I ran a half marathon! So, if I can run - anyone can!

I've kept running even through a pregnancy and gaining back up to 16 1/2 stone...just tootling around a couple of miles or so. I've found that it's never been as hard again to get back running - now I've lost a fair bit again, my running has a new lease of life. It makes you feel great! So, keep going, you're doing exactly the right thing using C25k and you will be amazed at how quickly your fitness improves. One bit of advice I would give is that as soon as you start doing more than 5 minutes of jogging or so, you really should get some running trainers - this is vital in preventing injury. Get yourself to a running shop where they will do a gait analysis and show you the specific type of shoe you need. You can wear any old thirst and leggings but investing in the right trainers is a must.

Have fun running!

Hey love,

Just a quickie (ooh err!) to say i really admire ur determination and ur attitude and great work with the running. Just start low and see how u go. Running is good for the body but also the mind. Dont know what i would do without it, be more barmy than i am now probz! X

Thanks for the tip. At the mo, can't imagine running for more than 5 mins. Ha. Been 6 years since I was last in a gym so very out of shape. The hubby got into cycling and I'm very envious of that time he has to get out and blow the cobwebs. I feel that if I can get into this - even if I'm never out for more than half an hour - the therapeutic effects will benefit everyone.

My first two runs were done in my Flossys! Eek. Was comfortable but as you say, longer running probably needs more appropriate footwear. I got some from Start a few years ago and some bloke measured my feet and watched me walk so they should be suitable for a bit. I had been reading about Eddie Izzard and his barefoot running but that's a step too far.

halfangelhalftart said:
Thanks for the tip. At the mo, can't imagine running for more than 5 mins. Ha. Been 6 years since I was last in a gym so very out of shape. The hubby got into cycling and I'm very envious of that time he has to get out and blow the cobwebs. I feel that if I can get into this - even if I'm never out for more than half an hour - the therapeutic effects will benefit everyone.

My first two runs were done in my Flossys! Eek. Was comfortable but as you say, longer running probably needs more appropriate footwear. I got some from Start a few years ago and some bloke measured my feet and watched me walk so they should be suitable for a bit. I had been reading about Eddie Izzard and his barefoot running but that's a step too far.

Think of it this way, even 5mins is better than 5mins on the couch! Cpl of ideas for u,1) in te park or whatever pick landmarks like lamppost or a bin etc and run/walk to them alternately. So start running and say 'right i'll get to that tramp on the bench' and when u've reached him you will walk to the lamppost etc. u will end up being able to go a bit further than u think. Also if u have iphone there is a great app called couch to 5k and works in a similar principle of running and walking and building up distance. I started with that. Dont buy any new trainers til uve been going a cpl of wks and know if u want to carry on, but i can recommend some good ones that are pretty cheap when ur ready. Good trainers do not need to cost the earth! Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Hey love,

Just a quickie (ooh err!) to say i really admire ur determination and ur attitude and great work with the running. Just start low and see how u go. Running is good for the body but also the mind. Dont know what i would do without it, be more barmy than i am now probz! X

Yes yes. It was all the talk of endorphins and happys that added to the decision. I mentioned in you diary about the connection with being thinner and being happier. But I was also going to the gym 3-4 x per week. Time dedicated to me. Not thinking of work crap, no men treating me like *****, no friends demanding we do what they want to do, go where they want to go. I forgot about the power of that. And I hope it will make me better role model to the kids too. I'm quite excited about it. Here's hoping we get an Indian summer now and not lots of snow and ice!

Caroline_Louise said:
. Also if u have iphone there is a great app called couch to 5k

Yeah. I downloaded a few to try out. Started a one called Get Running. Next stop is a decent bra. I've got myself a bum bag to carry my phone cos not a fan of the arm bands.

Bloody foodie festival on in town. Again. Had to walk past all the lush smells. Too cruel.

All about a decent boulder holder for running lol! Bloody expensive though but a worthwhile investment as i am quite well endowed in the chest dpt!

halfangelhalftart said:
The big question is, can I change my activity level on the Judddd calculator to Light Exercise 1-3 x per week? :eek:D

If u are doing 20-30mins of activity ie brisk walk at least twice i week then i reckon so chick x

Back