Carb intake

Alexa165

Hi everyone. I have just finished my first week on Exante diet. I am tracking my food intake on an app. Which tells me how much protein/carbs/fat etc and im suprised at how many carbs in the exante products. I am having 1 meal and 3 products a day to consume 1000 calories. (Tried 800 calories but felt too faint). I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how many carbs or percentage of carbs should be consumed a day??

They're balanced so I really wouldn't worry about tracking it - when I add mine it shouts at me for being too far under my intake for the day.

However, depending on the 3 packs I have for example one day I had 150g of chicken in addition and ended up with 25% carb, 37% fat and 38% protein - it's going to vary by pack and what you're having for your meal (which I'm guessing is 400cals?)

Yes I'm aiming for 400 calories from normal food. My meals are always meat/fish/egg and vegetables no bread/rice/potato and snack on berries. But my average carb intake remains at about 30% just seemed like a lot for a low carb diet.

I'm pretty sure in the 4 weeks ive been following it I havn't been in ketosis which is why I was asking about carb limit. But I have lost 10lbs so it's not the end of the world. Just losing weight slower then others I see on here. I can't function on less then 1000 cals as I feel too weak and dizzy.

X

If you've stuck to it you should be in ketosis, some people unfortunately are dizzy on the diet :(

Maybe have a play about with the veggies and berries you are having as some will be quite carb heavy without you even realising, in fact most low carb diets (Away from VLCDs) would recommend no or limited berries - for example per cup of strawberries there is about 11g of carbs.

Hope that helps x

Back