Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

wow fay look how great you are doing, so impressed, what an inspiration. how do you feel after losing so much? is it weird. im worried i will find it weird lol

Because I see myself every day it's hard to remind myself of how much I have changed and of course I have yet to reach a point where I am happy about the way I look in the mirror...especially my stomach! It feels amazing to be able to go into any shop and get clothes, I have turned into a bit o a shopaholic as a result :p It's great when people start noticing (for me it took about 2 stone gone before anyone did).

Well done on your losses so far....2 stone 5lb is amazing!!! You won't feel weird....happy but not weird!

I THINK I NEED to lose at least another 2 stone before it becomes really obvious in me. I reckon it wont take me too long as long as i dont mess myself up lol. im worried about being a shopaholic too, so i have lined up some nice things to buy, rather than just impulse buying anything that fits me lol

I have a target size to reach so I just got really cheap clothes for intermediate sizes...it's now that I can buy things in my target size and fit in *most* of them that the shopping habit has really taken off. I even bought a new winter a coat a few weeks ago even though I won't be able to use it for maybe 8 months (as not planning on taking it travelling with me) but it was so pretty and fit really nicely...smart enough for work but casual enough for home as well :p

What's your end goal?

anything under 10 stone, I havent been under 14 stone in my adult life, i have 2 years until i am 40, i just want to wear stupid immature clothes while i am still young enough to get away with it! my first target is 18 stone, then 16, then 14, then 12 then goal. im almost at my first in a month so I am pretty happy with that. its just so hard to remind myself why i am doing this, so i spend all day looking at clothes on p1nterest and pinning things i like and really want. it doesnt help that my husband is slim and attractive lol, hes really affected by image but he still married me when i was 20 stone lol, so i cant be that bad lol.

anything under 10 stone, I havent been under 14 stone in my adult life, i have 2 years until i am 40, i just want to wear stupid immature clothes while i am still young enough to get away with it! my first target is 18 stone, then 16, then 14, then 12 then goal. im almost at my first in a month so I am pretty happy with that. its just so hard to remind myself why i am doing this, so i spend all day looking at clothes on p1nterest and pinning things i like and really want. it doesnt help that my husband is slim and attractive lol, hes really affected by image but he still married me when i was 20 stone lol, so i cant be that bad lol.

My other half and I got married at our heaviest and have both lost 5-6 stone (Nic is beating me by over half a stone) since then. I haven't been a size 14 my whole adult life UNTILL NOW :-D

I really cant wait, Im so excited about the clothes im going to wear. I have seen a handbag i want thats £200 and i would never ever spend that money on myself usually, but i told my hubs that i want it when i have lost weight, it straps to you like a gun holster, either to your thigh or you wear it across the shoulders like one, too, its so hot! lol. (told you i was immature lol)

Decision made: I am buying my colleagues old watch for a very good price. There is no point chosing between two expensive watches that both half do what I want...I might as well wait a year for the next generation that does everything that I want it to do! Now there is the risk I will get lost running around new random cities but I guess that's the risk I will have to take :p

I have a feeling it's going to be a tough weekend! Already longing for our usual weekend treat but not this time or no diving for us!!!!!!!!!! When I am hungry or want food (for whatever reason) I do get quite grumpy and negative about everything so my wife has a lovely weekend in store for her :p

Think we are planning on either gymming it or running on Sunday morning but then I have the whole of Sunday afternoon on my own to be tempted. Nic is having the afternoon off on Sunday (planned before our deal) so that's even worse for my resolve...not expecting to make it.

I didn't have the kebab! I knew if I got home and straight away and a shower and put my pyjamas on I wouldn't then be bothered to get changes to go out for food. I did have a treat though... I had salad with chicken and ham - which was good, but then added some grilled halloumi and a bag if walkers lite crisps! So, better than a kebab, but not brilliant!

Great news about the watch Fay. How's your weekend going?

Me and my OH went for a meal yesterday lunch - had braised beef with veg, including dauphinoise potatoes... Eek. Oh, and followed it with lemon tart and raspberry sorbet. And two glasses on wine... Not surprisingly my weight stayed the same today. But... I was wearing my size 16 skinny jeans and felt fab, so that's good. Two pics exactly 9 months apart...

Attachments

• image-1140367119.jpg
    image-1140367119.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 63
I didn't have the kebab! I knew if I got home and straight away and a shower and put my pyjamas on I wouldn't then be bothered to get changes to go out for food. I did have a treat though... I had salad with chicken and ham - which was good, but then added some grilled halloumi and a bag if walkers lite crisps! So, better than a kebab, but not brilliant!

Great news about the watch Fay. How's your weekend going?

Me and my OH went for a meal yesterday lunch - had braised beef with veg, including dauphinoise potatoes... Eek. Oh, and followed it with lemon tart and raspberry sorbet. And two glasses on wine... Not surprisingly my weight stayed the same today. But... I was wearing my size 16 skinny jeans and felt fab, so that's good. Two pics exactly 9 months apart...

Well done for not having the kebab!! Being on step 3 this weekend wasn't so bad as we could cook real meals in the evevning. The hardest part was coming home late at night on Saturday as that's prime kebab time! Nic had far more resolve than I and made sure did get anyhting even though we had to walk past 3 KFC's to get home! I'm not saying it was a perfect weekend...we allowed outselves a treat of 2 pieces (each quail egg size) of chocolate and 10 pringles per person as we blitzed the kitchen which felt like a work out in itself and then went for a 20 minute run (Couch25K Week 4 Day 3).

Your choice was much much better than a kebab and good idea to go home and put your pjs on! Differences in your photos are amazing! You stomach looks so flat! You have a visible collarbone! Even your wrists look slimmer...!! The skinny jeans look great!

Happy 4 day week people!!!!

I gave in and had a meal deal from Tesco for lunch!! Going to try and offset that by leaving out the carbs from my step 3 meal this evening. I should't have gone out during lunch time to try and find a post box, the intention was to try and delay having my shake for another hour by venturing out but going to the shops on an empty stomach is never good...ROOKIE MISTAKE!!

On the running front Nic and I both went and completed a Couch25K Week 4 run yesterday and even though I am meant to have a rest day I am busy tomorrow so planning on doing it today. Plus the sun is shining so what better weather to go along the river front? Yesterday run was by far the most comfortable out of all my runs in terms of my breathing but gettnig pretty tough. So this time do I: attempt a week 5 run or re-do a few more days of week 5????

Fay!! What did you have? I always think if you have a treat, it's considered and you enjoy it without guilt then it's okay. Worst thing is having something then not enjoying it because you feel guilty.... what's the point? I say this from experience... a couple of weeks I popped to the post office for stamps and came out with a big bar of cadburys chocolate which I ate in the car in 5 minutes. It didn't touch the sides, I didn't really taste it or enjoy it, I just wanted it gone.

Fab news on the running, I'm really impressed with your progress. Running is a great calorie burner and I'm looking forward to using it to be able to eat and maintain when I get to goal.

And thank you for the lovely comments on my progress photo too! I want to see your before and now pics!! x

Fay!! What did you have? I always think if you have a treat, it's considered and you enjoy it without guilt then it's okay. Worst thing is having something then not enjoying it because you feel guilty.... what's the point? I say this from experience... a couple of weeks I popped to the post office for stamps and came out with a big bar of cadburys chocolate which I ate in the car in 5 minutes. It didn't touch the sides, I didn't really taste it or enjoy it, I just wanted it gone.

Fab news on the running, I'm really impressed with your progress. Running is a great calorie burner and I'm looking forward to using it to be able to eat and maintain when I get to goal.

And thank you for the lovely comments on my progress photo too! I want to see your before and now pics!! x

Yeah i keep saying I will put some up..I should try and get around to it but I rarely go online when I get home as I am on the computer all day and out office blocks any kind of uploading as they think we are stealing code or something!

I had a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (on brown bread) and a bag of monster munch but I don't really feel guilty, I am more annoyed that I put myself in that situation in the first place...maybe even partly intentionally? I am running/walking 6K this afternoon/evening so I know I will burn it off and still be within my 1000 calorie limit. My stats from running/walking on Friday says I burnt 450 calories doing 6K so I expect the same today. It's so easy to over eat though...sandwich = 400cal (was with mayo) + crisps = 150cal so that's a whopping 60% of my daily calories gone then and there! Luckily dinner is only 400 calories (less as I am skipping the rice) and breakfast was a yogurt and oats.

Back