Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

It soon adds up, doesn't it. Did you see Dispatches last week? It was about the amount of sugar that goes into 'low fat' products. Made scary viewing but interesting.

How long is 6k taking you to run? My friend that did the 10k burned 1400 calories, took him 57 minutes. But he's about 6'3" tall and probably weighs around 13 stones at a guess.

I don't think I can wait for this running club to start in May, am thinking of having a run around the park one evening soon with my OH. He had an op on his knee a few years ago so is always a bit wary about running but says he's up for a jog around the park and knows it will be slow with me!!

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - sounds like you made a good choice.

x

It soon adds up, doesn't it. Did you see Dispatches last week? It was about the amount of sugar that goes into 'low fat' products. Made scary viewing but interesting.

How long is 6k taking you to run? My friend that did the 10k burned 1400 calories, took him 57 minutes. But he's about 6'3" tall and probably weighs around 13 stones at a guess.

I don't think I can wait for this running club to start in May, am thinking of having a run around the park one evening soon with my OH. He had an op on his knee a few years ago so is always a bit wary about running but says he's up for a jog around the park and knows it will be slow with me!!

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - sounds like you made a good choice.

x

Currently it takes me about 45 minutes to run/walk. 1400 is A LOT of calories to burn!! Wonder how accurate my measurements are...? The website said 550 burned on Friday but my watch with heart rate monitor says it was 450...? I would LOVE to be able to do 10K in a hour.

I didn't see Dispatches but I usually watch other programs like that, there was one the other week about the cost of food and how everything is linked together. Bio fuel is pushing up the price of corn, meaning the price of animal feed jumps and therefore the price of animal produced food like meat and eggs jumps etc. it was quite interesting seeinging some of the links that I never would have considered. What channel was it on?

Was planning on leaving early but my colleague left early AGAIN and one of us has to stay... :-(

i had a sucky day sunday and ended up eating a bunch of roast lamb, no carbs but it was a fair bit of meat lol. i got really ill after and felt crap all of this morning, i went and got weighed and i lost 1lb this week, but i feel like i have a bug and so maybe i am retaining water or something because for the most part i was good. anyway onwards and upwards, there is plenty of time to make it up.

sparkley your pic is amazing, you must feel like a new person.

fay, i am looking forward to starting running once i am a much lower weight. my hub ran paris marathon last year, his time was 5 hours and i would love to run it faster than him lol.

i had a sucky day sunday and ended up eating a bunch of roast lamb, no carbs but it was a fair bit of meat lol. i got really ill after and felt crap all of this morning, i went and got weighed and i lost 1lb this week, but i feel like i have a bug and so maybe i am retaining water or something because for the most part i was good. anyway onwards and upwards, there is plenty of time to make it up.

sparkley your pic is amazing, you must feel like a new person.

fay, i am looking forward to starting running once i am a much lower weight. my hub ran paris marathon last year, his time was 5 hours and i would love to run it faster than him lol.

5 hours is really good going :) I never thought I would enjoy going for a run but when the weather is nice like this I find myself sitting at work wishing for the end of the day to go out!

Well done for not having carbs...that's usually where I fall down.

So Couch25K Week 5 Run 1 COMPLETE! Run Profile | Couch25K Week 5 Run 1 near London | Times and Records | Strava

I have to say it was pretty tough going towards the end of the podcast and I had to slow right down but I made it which is the main thing. The route I take has now got me reaching the foot tunnel undre the Thames at an inconvenient time in the podcast so my 3 minutes of walking turned into a good 7-8 minutes so not sure how I would have got on with the final 5 minutes without that extended break beforehand. Maybe I should walk for a bit longer at the start in the warm up to try and get the planned walks in line with that section of the route.

In other news it's only 7.5 weeks until our epic trip!!!!

Feeling really grumpy today. My colleague is working from home AGAIN!!! So Friday he works from home and spent two hours mowing his lawn. He's off out in the sun maybe 75% of the time he should be working...just occassionaly moves his mouse so he doens't get marked as "away". This isn't anything new but it's gotten really rediculous this past month since he handed in his notice. Jealous of his care free attitude. Problem is that one of us always has to be in the office and is out so often that I can't be.

Feeling overly emotinal and upset for no real reason. Not due on or anything though...

Hi both :) just have a quick question! When you have 'come off the wagon' before on SS and had a bad couple of days what has you weight loss been like?
I'm going into my 8th week now and I am 1st 1lb away from my goal weight (which I want to be at by beginning of June atlease.) I have no weigh in now til next Friday 25th April and hoping to have another 5lb off by then. On the Saturday 26th April my sister is getting married so I am coming off plan for the weekend but then going back on SS on the Monday before my next weigh in on the following Sunday. Hoping that I wont gain or could possibly lose with SS the following week.
I dont want to really worry at all about what I have on the wedding weekend as i've worked hard and I know I will be so motivated to get back on on the Monday! Just wouldn't mind an idea of what to expect! xx

Hi both :) just have a quick question! When you have 'come off the wagon' before on SS and had a bad couple of days what has you weight loss been like?
I'm going into my 8th week now and I am 1st 1lb away from my goal weight (which I want to be at by beginning of June atlease.) I have no weigh in now til next Friday 25th April and hoping to have another 5lb off by then. On the Saturday 26th April my sister is getting married so I am coming off plan for the weekend but then going back on SS on the Monday before my next weigh in on the following Sunday. Hoping that I wont gain or could possibly lose with SS the following week.
I dont want to really worry at all about what I have on the wedding weekend as i've worked hard and I know I will be so motivated to get back on on the Monday! Just wouldn't mind an idea of what to expect! xx

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule...I have had a "treat" on a Friday evening and still lost 4lbs the following week but there have been weeks where I have done it and not lost anything. It's rare for me that I have a single evening/afternnon off and gain (maybe a bit of water) when on SS/SS+ but I am sure there are people on here who would have. I gain/STS when i have had Friday-Sunday off but not usually for one meal.

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule...I have had a "treat" on a Friday evening and still lost 4lbs the following week but there have been weeks where I have done it and not lost anything. It's rare for me that I have a single evening/afternnon off and gain (maybe a bit of water) when on SS/SS+ but I am sure there are people on here who would have. I gain/STS when i have had Friday-Sunday off but not usually for one meal.

Thanks hun - just thought I would ask. I am hoping that a couple days off followed by a couple weeks back on SS before I step up will be fine and that the damage wont be too drastic! I know deep down I am scared to come off but at the same time I do want to come off and enjoy too! I don't think my stomach will manage an awful lot and I certainly dont plan on eating til I feel sick but I do also want to 'treat' myself! x

Thanks hun - just thought I would ask. I am hoping that a couple days off followed by a couple weeks back on SS before I step up will be fine and that the damage wont be too drastic! I know deep down I am scared to come off but at the same time I do want to come off and enjoy too! I don't think my stomach will manage an awful lot and I certainly dont plan on eating til I feel sick but I do also want to 'treat' myself! x

You will be surprised how little you can eat after so little for so long. The big thing about coming off is getting back on...that's what to focus on. So many times I have given up on diets after one little "treat" turned into a weekend of treats....into a week of treats...!! I still have to remind myself that diets don't always start on a Monday...a MEAL off is a meal off not a reason to take the rest of the week off which is difficult if the meal off is a Saturday evening :) Enjoy yourself and don't think about the diet etc. but set a restart day and stick to it!!!

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Well I will 100% be back on plan fully on Tuesday I am not throwing it away. (I am going back to SS and having shake for breakfast and lunch on Monday but we have the family wedding dinner before my sister goes on her honeymoon on the Monday night but I am not using that as an excuse to have all day Monday off!) I definitely will not be giving in - Monday is my 'restart' day with the shakes and just that meal out but Tuesday is my 100% SS start day! I am still going to do my normal 1hr exercise on Sunday night too which will hopefully help and will also mean I can't overeat as i'll be sick otherwise!!

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Well I will 100% be back on plan fully on Tuesday I am not throwing it away. (I am going back to SS and having shake for breakfast and lunch on Monday but we have the family wedding dinner before my sister goes on her honeymoon on the Monday night but I am not using that as an excuse to have all day Monday off!) I definitely will not be giving in - Monday is my 'restart' day with the shakes and just that meal out but Tuesday is my 100% SS start day! I am still going to do my normal 1hr exercise on Sunday night too which will hopefully help and will also mean I can't overeat as i'll be sick otherwise!!

Sounds like you have it all planned out :)

Feeling really grumpy today. My colleague is working from home AGAIN!!! So Friday he works from home and spent two hours mowing his lawn. He's off out in the sun maybe 75% of the time he should be working...just occassionaly moves his mouse so he doens't get marked as "away". This isn't anything new but it's gotten really rediculous this past month since he handed in his notice. Jealous of his care free attitude. Problem is that one of us always has to be in the office and is out so often that I can't be.

Feeling overly emotinal and upset for no real reason. Not due on or anything though...

Actually feel like crying at my desk

Sounds like you have it all planned out :)

Thank you :) I am being super organised so no room for slipping! Just seen you're having a bad day! Whats up? x

fay he sounds like a douche is there any way you can schedule in some work from home time before he gets the chance to? hes taking the pee

Thank you :) I am being super organised so no room for slipping! Just seen you're having a bad day! Whats up? x

Nothing major but seems like even the little things that don't usually get to me are making me really upset. My mum and little sister aren't getting along and they are both blaming the other. My mum is acting like a child and my sister is a teenager. Just feeling angry and upset that my mum is suggesting that my little sister doesn't come down to say goodbye before my travels because she keeps cancelling (she lives with her dad) so she will most likely do so for that weekend....my mum is taking NO RESPONSIBILITY at all...the fact that she refuses to pick my little sister of 15 up and makes her get the 2 hour bus journey could be part of the reason she keeps cancelling. Much longer story than that that has been ongoing for months but it seems to be getting to me today because I was already grumpy and fed up for no reason before all of this (other than my colleague taking the utter pee as Katsparkle puts it)....

Oh Hun bless you! Families are such a pain in the ass sometimes! I know it's hard even when not to do with you and it's other members of family arguing :(.

Your colleague sound like a douche! I am not getting along with my colleagues at the mo and the atmosphere makes the days so hard! X

Oh Hun bless you! Families are such a pain in the ass sometimes! I know it's hard even when not to do with you and it's other members of family arguing :(.

Your colleague sound like a douche! I am not getting along with my colleagues at the mo and the atmosphere makes the days so hard! X

It's days like that when you really really want yummy food to make you feel better. Managed not to give in (much). We have been letting us have a handful of pringles and a quail egg sized bit of chocolate each day we run or go to the gym so having that yesterday made my mood a bit better but then it left me wanting some more all evening - managed to resist.

Loving food on step 3 though....me both looked miserably at our pathetic 40g of uncooked pasta last night and thought the 80g was less than what ONE of us would have as a portion before, but we were pleasently surprised one we mixed it with our sauce and veggies etc. that we didn't feel hard done by on the pasta front.

We are somewhat conflicted about step 3 though....rapid loss vs. a more realistic, maintainable plan. I am still another 9lbs off my 6 stone goal, 7lbs off my BMI goal and I expect at least a stone off my ideal tummy size goal...and we only have 7.5 weeks to go. With running I know we need to be on step 3 at least to consume what we burn but things ARE SO SLOW! I have to keep reminding myself this is only day 10 of officially being on step 3 and actually following it properly - and in that time I lost 1lb vs. STS or gaining a 1lb for the weeks when I was on SS+/Step 2 an faffing around at the weekends because it's so restrictive. I am determined to stick out step 3 until my weigh in on Friday and then re-evaluate, but I expect that we will stay on step 3...now to convince Nic!

After being so annoyed at my colleage yeserday I have decided to take a LONG lunch break and leave at 4 today. It's Couch25K Week5 Run 2 today (5 walk, 8 run, 5 walk, 8 run) but around this water front route http://www.strava.com/routes/271171 I am expecting to need to repeat parts of the podacast as I usually get through it by around the 4K mark and this is a 7K route....so should hopefully take about 50 minutes to an hour.

Last edited:
Morning Fay, just seen your fed up posts, how are you feeling today?

In the diet front, was just looking back at this....

We have our piles of sorted clothes...one for 18's, one for 20's and then the one in the wardrobe are the 22's. After needing to start a "too big for me" pile I decided to "revisit" the 20's pile and see how I am doing. I fit comfortably in a few of them so they have been promoted but most of them do up but my belly sticks out over the top a little so I have some more work to do before I will be able to wear them...not long now!!

Makes you realise just how far you've come!

Chin up xx

Morning Fay, just seen your fed up posts, how are you feeling today?

In the diet front, was just looking back at this....

We have our piles of sorted clothes...one for 18's, one for 20's and then the one in the wardrobe are the 22's. After needing to start a "too big for me" pile I decided to "revisit" the 20's pile and see how I am doing. I fit comfortably in a few of them so they have been promoted but most of them do up but my belly sticks out over the top a little so I have some more work to do before I will be able to wear them...not long now!!

Makes you realise just how far you've come!

Chin up xx

Wow that was a LONG time ago I said that!! Now I am thinking that about some 14's but most I get into ok :-D My mum asked me the other weekend if I wished I had done it before the wedding but honestly it's a no..we weren't in the right place to stick with it and not only that but I don't even know what place it was we were in to make it stick this time.

Feeling much better today! I was virtually in meetings, out running, on coffee breaks or leaving early to meet my dad yesterday so it flew by. And today I am working at home so never anything bad about that :p

Diet is going great. Step 3 and virtually 100% for 10 (this is day 11) now which is good for us - the virtually is that we are allowed 3 mini eggs and 5 pringles each on days we run or go to the gym!! The scales tell a different story though....my scales at home tell me I haven't lost anything so we will see what the official weigh in says. I am hoping for inches but can never tell myself so don't think about that until Fridays.

How are you?

Back