Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Wow!!! This is awesome!!! You are almost there, Fay!!! What I would do to leave the 30-ish BMI range!!! I'm going to stay glued here and draw some much needed inspiration from you and your wife!
You go!!!!

It's a bit delayed but...another goal update:

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:

[STRIKE]Lose 1 stone
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Lose 4 stone[/STRIKE]
Lose 5 stone
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

[STRIKE]Reach the 16s
Reach the 15s
Reach the 14s
Reach the 13s[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Reach the 12s[/STRIKE]
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

[STRIKE]Reach size 20
Reach size 18[/STRIKE]
Reach size 16

[STRIKE]Have a BMI < 35
Have a BMI < 30 (No Longer "Obese")[/STRIKE]
Have a BMI < 28 (Can be a consultant - if I want)
Have a BMI < 25 (No Longer "Overweight")

[STRIKE]Weigh less than 200lb[/STRIKE]
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Today has really dragged on!! It's days like this that make me want to start my travel adventures early! I really wish that Christmas would hurry up and get here as I feel overdue a break!! By my count that by the end of December Nic and I will have not had a day off (other than the usual weekends and bank holidays) in 7 months.

COME ON DECEMBER!!!!

On another note it's 3 more weigh in's until Christmas (reminds me I need get two weeks of products for the week between New Year and Christmas) and my target I think is another 6lbs! That's just 2lb a week but anything better would be amazing! If I can get 9lb then I would be extatic but I think based on my usual fluctuations and the upcomming events 3lb a week average is asking a bit much.

I wonder if there is anything I can be doing to help in terms of exercise....? 3lb a week would be the dream!!!!! Actually...let's aim high....the goal is 9lb by Christmas!!

Ok so I don't think Nic is going to join me in my 5 stone by Christmas challenge because she has too many upcomming festivities where as I only have two I think. I honestly don't think it is do-able given that we are now on step 2 as well as us having 3 meals off last week (very naughty I know....need to kick up the *** for that please!). I am really hoping not to have a stay the same week but wouldn't be surprised if I did meaning BAD start to the challenge.

Do I exercise or not exercise to help get to my new mini-goal????

A sneeky look on the scales shows I lost 3bl...BUT....my scales usually vary from my consultants by about that (ish), partially due to my readings being taken in the morning and hers in the evening but that means either I have put on a little, stayed the same or lost a little :-(

Need a boost....struggling to stay on track...

Hi Fay. I have read your diary from start to finish tonight and I've been engrossed for a good 90 minutes. What an inspiration you are and if it wasn't for your story I would have ruined day 13 by scoffing pringles and chocolate which have now been tucked safely away back in the cupboard! Thanks xx

If I were you Doddles, I'd rather give em out. Back of cupboards are so accessible on cold lonely blue nights, you see. Hope you don't find out the hard way! Get rid of em quick! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ha thanks xtracute1! Unfortunately my son loves them and they are always in the house. Will power is my only means of resisting. I'm just about managing it. cooked hubby and son a full roast pork dinner with home made choc fudge cake and custard for pudding and I was good! God knows how it smelt so amazing!! xx

:) glad I was able to help!!!!

I am partly putting down my recent struggles with the diet down to one of my flat mates. It's got to the point where I don't want to be in the living room/kitchen area with her so I hide in our room with a bottle of water and a shake. My other half doesn't like doing any of the cooking or anything so we are left wondering what to do about our step 2 evening meal...so we sit and wait and wait and wait some more until we are too hungry and either go with an unideal meal solution or skip. Last week I ended up pretty much skipping the meal every other day and yesterday evening opted for Nandos chicken so I didn't have to be in.

Nic keeps reminding me I only have to survive until the New Year but it is very difficult. She said something last night that managed to wind me up so much, it's been a long time since I have felt anger like that towards anyone. I ended up raising my voice. She was accusing me of something I DID NOT DO and kept repeating it over and over and over....

Last edited:
The story outline: (I say story as it's only my side)
We have people viewing the flat today so yesterday I cleaned up and tidied stuff away. This has been happening on/off for the past two weeks when viewings are booked in. I moved her bag off the living room chair onto the floor next to the coat rack among numerous other items moved off the living room table to the kitchen side in a pile for her to either sort out or for me to put away in the morning. I guess the bit I am missing is that our flat mate regularly "puts away" our things and as irritating it is we let her do it rather than complain as that's what you do living with other people...tolerate the little things. She also uses the chairs for our table (and the kitchen side) as a storage area for all kinds of things....post, coats, bags..anything. Again this is something we tolerate as it is very minor.

So this is how the conversation goes yesterday:

Her: Can I ask why you have moved my bag?
Me: because we have viewings tomorrow and I was clearning up
Her: Please don't put any of my things on the floor as it's dirty
Me: Ok, can I put it on the box next to the coat rack?
Her: No. Don't move or touch any of my things ( <--------- the cheek)
Me: So you know then, that pile of things over on the kitchen side will be put away when I leave in the morning if it is still there
Her: Don't touch it
Me: Well tidy it away then
Her: There have been things on the side and table for the past week and you have only ever tidied my things and left yours out
(all the time getting louder and more aggressive)
Me: there were no viewings last week so I didn't touch anything of yours and left it out along with my things
Her: No, you left everything out and only put away my things
Me: I did not move anything at all last week. The week before I did put your things away yes. And I DID only put your things away because it was only your things that were out
Her: No you put away only my things last week
....More of me saying I didn't touch her things at all last week and more of her getting her weeks mixed up saying I did.....
Me: I DID NOT TOUCH YOUR THINGS LAST WEEK

She was just point blank not listening to what I was saying at all. Our relationship hasn't been great over the past month after a number of run-ins over other things so it was so close to breaking point already that her being such a hypocrit about tidying her things (after it took us a week to find Nic's drivers lisence because she put it in a random console box on top of a wardrobe) was a step over the line.

Even reviewing it now I feel my blood pressure on the rise.....

With all of the negative above I am happy to report I bought my first size 16 pair of jeans in over 5 years (maybe 6, I can't remember) and wore them out last night :-D

They are a tad on the tight side and I need to lose another inch or two to get rid of the little muffin top but the shirts etc I am wearing are now 2 sizes too big so it hides the "almost" fitting bulge. Beats the much bigger muffing top I had on my size 22's by the end :)

So if we say I was almost a 24 when I started that's 3 sizes down now and I look forward to many more.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Fabulous hunni well done and in regards to your flatmate you will soon be far away and never have to see her again! Just keep counting down the days xx

Back