Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Yesterday I tried my first Slim & Save meal of Spicy Spaghetti which was nicer than I expected! Nic let me try some of her Cheesy Pasta as well which was also not too bad :) The only down side to these meals is that 7am - 7pm is a LONG time to go on just two shakes to get me to the evening meal time...I ended up being so hungry when I got in I might have had a cola cube! And then by the time it got to 11pm I was really hungry again so gave in and had one of my spare bars I had laying around.

Today I am trying to have a coke zero as a hunger buffer until the new routine is sorted out. Not given the scales a go yet but this is day 5 so I am hoping there are some changes!

Why is it still 3 weeks until the end of the month????

We didn't have a very good weekend :-( It started off ok but by Friday evening we were sharing a bar of Dairy Milk (and I din't usually have a sweet tooth) and a handful of sour cola bottles. Saturday was again a good start but by the time it got to 7pm we were snacking on the remaining chocolate and sweets before we got a take away of kebab meat and chips...and I am ashamed to say that for once it was me asking for it not waiting to see if Nic would and then saying yes to her. Sunday got a tad better in that we both went on the exercise bike for 30 minutes but then there was still snacking on the sweets. We should try and get rid of the sweets really as I keep thinking "one won't hurt".

With all of that it's not at all surprising that when I checked the scales this morning I have lost 2lb in a week and a bit (5lb but give 3lb fluctuation for morning vs evening which is the time my official weigh in takes place). I know part of it could be TOTM related but I think that's just optomism talking as I'm basically done now and it's usually only an imapacting factor just before and during the first few days.

I haven't sorted my new routine either. I am hoping to do SS so I'm not sure how to space them out. Get up at 7 do I have a bar/shake on the way to work? I won't get home for another 12 hours after that so that would give me one at 7, one at 1, one at 7.....6 hours between each is TOUGH even if I am in ketosis (and no idea if I even am)!!!! Then that would also be 5 hours before I go to bed so lots of time to get hungry and miss food again.

Fed up of being on a diet. 6 months it has been! Feeling like I want a maintenance break or to do some exercise so I can have more food. I really want my traininer flat mate to MAKE ME get started. Hoping he will start this week as he didn't pick up on my many hints over the weekend. Just feel like I need more options/meals....feeling hungry all the time. Though that could be because I have been my own worst enemy and might have been taking myself out of ketosis every other day with not being determined enough.

My consultant says no outright to coke zero but Nic's said up to 2 cans a day should be fine but I have a feeling we are starting to get close to exceeding that as well :-(

I don't think the fact we are meantally already on our travels that are due to start this year some time helps with our diet really. I just keep wishing we could start early and go after our holiday to New York but I'm just not sure we could have saved what we would have needed to....

Feeling like I need a boost of something. Maybe working on a new project might help, I have been on the same project for the past almost 2 years and just feeling deflated. I am even tempted to consider a loan to allow us to head off early....imagine leaving at the start of April for a whole 12 months!!! *sigh*

I don't really want to tell my consultant that I am having one slim & save meal a day so think I am going to tell her that I want to do step 3 as that only requires 2 packs a day anyway. I expect I will end up doing step 2 for a while until I have shifted the next two stone.

My current goal is to get into a healthy eating and exercising routine and be a tad flexible on the steps...if I feel like I need a little extra protien to cover me on a day I am exercising then I don't want to feel like I can't (obviously the portions within reason).

Yesterday evening was my first of what hopefully will be many (though dredding the second already) routines with the new flat mate. He is a qualified personal traininer and knows what my calory intake is so when I say workout or routine that currently is only lots of stretching followed by some light kettlebell exercises for muscle strength and toning rather than anything aerobic. Basically our evaluation is that I have virtually no muscles and natural exercise ability so had to start from scratch in that he was showing me how to properly do the exercises and then would do that for a while until I had the technique closer to what it should be and then move on. It wasn't exactly fast paced and strenuous but it was challenging in it's own right. So basically by the end of the warmup stretching I was already worn out....! I didn't last long in the kettlebell exercises and my arms and legs were already like jelly and would start to shake during some moves. Felt like my arms were going to give way a couple of times.

Today I am feeling it! My legs burn a little (more so when walking up the stairs to the office) but my arms: I can't comfortably raise above shoulder level. I don't feel like I really pushed my stomach on the core exercises as they usually involve some form of arm or leg involvement and they weren't working well towards the end. Next time I am going to try and make sure we do more core exercises earlier in the workout.

Just keep it up :) you will need to have a little extra on days you work out but the main thing is you have made a start :)

Just keep it up :) you will need to have a little extra on days you work out but the main thing is you have made a start :)

Must have been tough....couldn't raise my arms this morning but they are better now only to be replaced with aching with each step....glad I have a desk job right now!

Well crunches done and squats started, I'm getting used to the squats I'm going deeper with them everyday but I'm splitting them up over the course of the day I will still get the benefit by doing so! I'm happy I'm just doing something, any gym bunnies will likely laugh at how little I'm doing but anything really is better than nothing!

Well crunches done and squats started, I'm getting used to the squats I'm going deeper with them everyday but I'm splitting them up over the course of the day I will still get the benefit by doing so! I'm happy I'm just doing something, any gym bunnies will likely laugh at how little I'm doing but anything really is better than nothing!

I feel the same way about what I am doing. I half expected my flat mate to be laughing at me because I couldn't do a proper lunge (front leg could never get to 90 degrees) or a push up (had to do a wall version). Hopefully I will get there but I expect it to be slow progress so hopefully he will have patience with me.

Yesterday my arms were aching but today it's the legs even though I didn't do anything exercise wise last night. It took me 15 minutes longer to get to work because I was hobbling to the bus stop and just missed one, then hobbling to the office from the tube. It seemed to help that I was stretching my arms lots yesterday to losen them up so plan on doing that with my legs today. Think it will look funny having my legs crossed at my desk but oh well.

Well done with the squats!! Think I need to set myself actual target numbers like there is in that challenge....might keep me focused as currently unsure if I can manage more exercise this evening....

Feeling frustrated with the whole diet thing. My mood is currently "I left 12 hours ago for work and just getting home. I have lived off 3 products all day. I may have already had the one can of Coke Zero I left myself have a day but why can't I have another????".

I want to be on the program but then be able to have a handful of nuts of I want some, or sweets. I know why really...if I let myself have a handful then it will grow and grow into a bowlfull....then worse....but right at this moment I am feeling really restricted. Think I am going to suggest to my consultant that I go to step 3 from this weekend or that I cook some step 2 meals that can be taken to work for lunch.7am-1pm-7pm and then not having anything else for another 12 hours and being up for about 5 hours after my final meal for the day is just NOT working!!

On the other hand eating again after my meal at 7 doesn't seem like the best idea either. It would have to be something like 8 - 1 - 5 - 8. For that the evening meal would have to be a Slim & Save meal because I don't really want to have to mess around with them when there is a queue for the microwave at work meaning the meal at 1 would have to be a step 2 suitable meal....hassle!!

I am at the point where I want to keep on the products but be able to have something like a bonus bar type of thing a day.

I snuck in a weigh in this morning and it was 12st 5 (so add on about 3lb for my evening weight) meaning that in two weeks I have lost about 3lb so not overly happy with that but I have no one else to blame but myself on that front. Really struggling at the moment on the diet with snacking and at weekends.

REMINDER:
Ketosis means your body is a fat burning machine!!! FAT BURNING! I want ketosis! Stop having things that might take you out of it!!! Might get some ketostix....

I snuck in a weigh in this morning and it was 12st 5 (so add on about 3lb for my evening weight) meaning that in two weeks I have lost about 3lb so not overly happy with that but I have no one else to blame but myself on that front. Really struggling at the moment on the diet with snacking and at weekends. REMINDER: Ketosis means your body is a fat burning machine!!! FAT BURNING! I want ketosis! Stop having things that might take you out of it!!! Might get some ketostix....
a loss is a loss though :) I have some ketostix I don't think I'm going to use again (almost a full tub) if you would like them, some pharmacies are bit funny about selling them as they are meant for diabetics.

a loss is a loss though :) I have some ketostix I don't think I'm going to use again (almost a full tub) if you would like them, some pharmacies are bit funny about selling them as they are meant for diabetics.

Thank you but I wouldn't want to cost you the postage!

A loss is still good and looking at maybe 1/2 a stone a month at this rate. I know that things will start slowing down to closer to my goal I get anyway. I have an 8 day holiday coming up at the end of February and really want to get below the 12 stone mark by then...that's my mini goal: 14th I want to be 11 stone and 13lb or less!!!!

Just feeling rubbish and not at all in the diet zone. I know that I need to have a good clean few weeks...even a month to get me within a stone of a healthy BMI but I keep faltering. I don't know why I am finding it so difficult this time around.

As of next week my aim is:
To prepare my SS+ meal the night before each day to take to work
To not have my final product until about 8pm in order to reduce hunger in the evening that turns into snacking
STAY IN KETOSIS
Do an exercise/challenge type workout 3 day/nights of the 7

I say I am setting a target but we can all see how well they have been going recently :-( Weigh in this evening and predicted 2-3lb loss in two weeks.

The only positive is that I am now officially a size 16 but I have been bordering on it for the past two months so the fact it's taken me so long to get there isn't great. Wonder how long it will take to get to a 14? Three months? Six? In a very negative mood if you can't tell.

Constantly feel like giving up on it

I had this problem when trying to go back to ss so I did step 2 and still lost maybe do step 2 for a few week see if it helps at all? You have done well so far just try to focus on the end game now!

Just another 1/2lb to go before I reach the 5 stone mark!! I was teetering before Christmas but this time I should reach it by the Friday weigh in *hopefully*!!

Plans are to start one or two of the thirty day challenges but there are too many to pick from. I KNOW I want to do the push up one (well....starting doing the easier wall push ups) and wall sits. Need some more core/ab ones so most likely the sit up challenge. That's one each for arms, legs and core....should I do anymore...?

Just another 1/2lb to go before I reach the 5 stone mark!! I was teetering before Christmas but this time I should reach it by the Friday weigh in *hopefully*!! Plans are to start one or two of the thirty day challenges but there are too many to pick from. I KNOW I want to do the push up one (well....starting doing the easier wall push ups) and wall sits. Need some more core/ab ones so most likely the sit up challenge. That's one each for arms, legs and core....should I do anymore...?

Hi Fay, excuse me gate crashing the CD forum, I'm an Exante meal replacement diet girl! Have been looking at your diary, you and your wife have done brilliantly. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and found it brilliant. You're supposed to do 10 days on each of the 3 levels but I've done 30 days on each level as it took me so long to master each stage! Now I alternate between the different levels to get some variety. I can really tell a difference in my legs and bum and on my arms. Stomach feels more toned underneath but still too much jelly on top to be able to see the effects yet!! Anyway, just thought I would mention the shred as a 30 day challenge idea. DVD was about 6 quid of amazon. And, if you fancy a change, I can recommend the Exante meals... Their shepherds pie is yummy! x

Back