Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Okay I will kick your ass verbally don't worry.

Do you have the right trainers so your knee's don't get too much impact?

xoxo

Nope :) but still want to go anyway!! Running trainers are more of an investment for if it's something I am able to stick with...like a gym membership would be if I actually went but because I don't know that yet I don't want to front the cash for it.

Just had my S&S bar that I was saving for post weigh in but was so hungry and the facilities are always so busy around now to go make a S&S meal (been having one shake and S&S products to try and save money) so I'm going to be really hungry post weigh in!!! Will try and deal with that when it happens....

Almost Fajita time....is it bad that I'm excited about that???

Ok so this weekend was pretty bad on the food front! I think yesterday might have been my first time actually emotionally eating (or at least the first time I have looked back and seen a cause that wasn't because I was bored and/or hungry).

So the past two weeks I have been basically on my own at work and even though I am only in the office for 4 days this week facing a 3 week running was a bit much yesterday. I found myself eating lots so I wouldn't be thinking about work and the prospect of returning to it today. I was feeling this way mid January when my colleague I work with wasn't in the office for a good month or so. Our office isn't really the expected office environment like most places...for the past couple of years the general vibe has dropped hugely and it's gone from a group of people who have lots of geeky technical discussions, a good amount of banter etc. to really small groups (2-3 people) who work on little projects and then mostly those teams keep to themselves. Since joining I have even been moved to a different floor because I can be trusted to get on with thing unsupervised and they needed the floor space. In summary...if my project colleague isn't in basically other than a "hello" to people I can go until at least lunch (sometimes all day) without speaking to anyone in the office and it's at the point where now I just DON'T WANT TO BE HERE.

I wish we were closer to our savings goal and could go on our travels before June/July...

Looking back on yesterday I now really regret using food to ease my unhappiness relating to work as I am still full/bloated/uncomfortable this morning and we have our big NY trip on Friday which will consist of lots of food!

It's now not even 10am on Monday morning...that's a depressing thought!!

1 hour and counting!!

I "lost" 3lb in my weigh in last week but I don't know if I believe that though...every time I go near the scales for the past month they always read in the 12s and our scales aren't usually different - 11 stone 11!!

Lacking motivation at the moment... :-( I know I have done well and I know I want to lose more but I'm feeling like I'm not losing it fast enough now. I want to be reaching something like 2-3lb a week not 1lb here....2lb there (spaced out by a week or two)

Hey hun sorry to hear work is so rubbish :( at least you have travels to look forward to, just try and keep that in mind. I'm in a similar situation at the mo, I really like the people I work with but the work just isn't enough anymore and I'm getting bored... Getting bored at work.... Leads to thinking about food and occasionally giving in and eating something I really don't need!!

Stick with it and I hope work gets better for you :)

Hi Fay, I know just how you feel... I think we started our diets similar time (July for me), so now, nearly 8 months on, I feel like I have diet fatigue! Just so ready to eat 'normally' but feel like the slightest bit of food I eat off plan piles on the weight. I too am fed up with the slow losses now as it's hard to keep motivated when the scales aren't budging. Last Friday we went out with friends for lunch to a farm shop that only did sandwiches at lunchtime. I should have just eaten the protein filling, but instead I ate the whole thing and it was a doorstep cheese and ham sandwich. Next day I'm 2lb heavier. How? Why? Seems so unfair - people eat sandwiches all the time!! I do worry that being in such a calorie restrictive plan is damaging our metabolisms long term.

I too had a frustrating day at work yesterday and all I could think about was eating, because that's what I used to do... sh*t day at work = treat yourself to something nice to eat. I didn't give in but it was hard.

Hope you have a better day today, not long now til your trip.

Xx

Thank you both for the support.

Well done for not giving in Sparkley!!

No idea why but I have had a really bad headache all day. It's not like I am going into ketosis or anything as we went to a friends for dinner last night and ate real food (because they had cooked for us) and the weekend wasn't exactly light on the carbs. Home time in 10 minutes!!!!!

Sooooo....I am back, about half a stone heavier (or about 9lbs) but it was well worth it! From the wings, steaks, burgers and of course mac & cheese we can honestly say it was a food fueled holiday.

Highlight: S'Mac (sells only Mac & Cheese...IT'S AMAZING) and Shake Shack. I had the London Shake Shack when it opened last year (pre-diet) and it was so-so and that put us off having it again in New York until the last day...what a mistake! It was really really good and suggest whatever your opinion is of the London one then don't let it stop you going to the ones in New York!!! Then there is Max Brenner - the chocolate pasta (made with ribbons of chocolate crepes in a chocolate sauce) was to die for...and their hot chocolate...yum!!

Our favourite steak place (Riccardos) serves the same qualify food but the cocktails have gone down hill and they now have a dj playing so it wasn't an enjoyable experience even though the food was very good.

Viita, BBQ's wings are really nice! I didn't get time to go to Sugar Factory as we ended up taking a trip to DC for a day and by the end we were running low on funds anyway so it made sense to go on our next trip. The US won't be on the cards for a while given our 12 month blow out starts in less than 4 months!!!!!!

HEYYYYY lovely!

Welcome home!

I'm glad you had the best time! Shakeshack US style is WAYYYY better I agree and cheaper! Max Brennar.. Ugh.. My fave.. Can't wait I have a spot booked the day after I arrive. It's really reasonably priced too!

BBQ's! YAY! Did you get the cocktails too!

Well back to reality! I am on step 3 so need some inspiration of recipes from you as I know you deffo cook some good stuff!

xoxo

HEYYYYY lovely!

Welcome home!

I'm glad you had the best time! Shakeshack US style is WAYYYY better I agree and cheaper! Max Brennar.. Ugh.. My fave.. Can't wait I have a spot booked the day after I arrive. It's really reasonably priced too!

BBQ's! YAY! Did you get the cocktails too!

Well back to reality! I am on step 3 so need some inspiration of recipes from you as I know you deffo cook some good stuff!

xoxo

Hmmm...I will have a think on the recipe front but just about to leave work so no time at the min...and been a crazy busy week so got back 3 days ago and today is the first time I have been on here!

Had some of the cocktails....def don't need the extra $2 shot...they are strong enough already!!!!!

We have been back a week and haven't managed to get back on with the diet yet so today is DAY 1 (again). We had numerous day 1's last week and didn't manage a single one of them. We have told ourselves that we are allowed to go somewhere for our anniversary weekend IF we stick to the diet until then (just less than 4 weeks) otherwise we will not go wherever we decide to go and lose all the money we will be paying out for it. Also Nic won't be allowed out with her friends to a comedy night in 2 weeks if she doesn't stick with it. I need something like that that I mind giving up if I fail. Any suggestions???

On the bright side we have met our savings goal to go travelling so now it's a case of deciding when is the right time. Currently the date is June 20th! I really want to fit comfortably in all my nice new size 14 clothes by that point because while I can wear them now, they are a little bit of a tight fit.

I haven't been able to get into size 14 clothes since I was maybe 16 years old (so 11 years)!!

YAYYYYY congrats my lovely!

Well book something you really want to do & that you have to pay for & you'll do it!

Welcome back to the plan! Haha..

4 weeks for me until my vacation! 6lbs to go! xoxo

I could do:
Rock Climbing
Photography Course
Kayaking

I would say diving but planning on getting re-qualified when away travelling anyway...

Will check with Nic and prices and decide :)

4 weeks will fly by!!

My scales say I am 12 stone 4lb but I never trust them over my consultants but it's a rough guide to say I put on half a stone.

Day one done and about to go to bed with a growling stomach and feeling grumpy...YAY!! (Don't think I could make it sound any more sarcastic than that but trust me it is laced with it)

See thats not bad AT ALL!

When I went to NY I went from SS to eating everything and ended up gaining like a stone LOL!! I didn't even eat that much.

I think its because my body was shocked by the carb overload lol.. My CDC told me it won't be like that this time as i'm on step 3 and eating carbs..

So how was day one?

xoxo

Most of it was ok but around 11pm I started getting really hungry and therefore grumpy!!

Half of day 2 gone and 1 shake down. Trying to hold out for shake 2 for a few more hours to minimise hunger this evening. Little headache but that could be work related rather than diet. Had almost 2lt of water so far so on track with that.

How has your day been?

Back