Care Bears Food Diary!

Haha, thanks claire!

Nah i wouldnt really bother with the stroganoff if i was you - but then again i suppose everyones tastes are different?! But it was just a bit tastless and i put ALOT of paprika in it and lots of lovely pepper and garlic in etc, it looked sooooo nice in the magazine, but didnt quite live up to expectations!!!

xx

Red day today (suprize suprize!)!!!

Im having a rough couple of day prior to * week, feeling very bloated and miserable!!! so Im trying to keep my meals as healthy as I can!

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light bars (choc & fudge) Muller light yoghurt

Lunch: Salad: raw ribboned beetroot, ribboned carrott, red onion & 2 laughing cow extra light cheese triangles and some balsamic vinegar!

Dinner: went to morrisons last night to take advantage of their sea bass, £1.50 for a whole sea bass is awesome! and the fishmonger filleted it for me, deboned/scaled it and told me how to cook it! cant say fairer than that! he said to make a sauce to go with it, juice of a lemon, lime and orange, boil it up and reduce it to about half, then add some fat free natural youghurt just before you put it on the cooked fish - might try this!
So ill have sea bass - dunno about the sauce, tenderstem broccoli, sweetcorn & Mushrooms!

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB)
Muller Light Yog
Skinny Latte (HEA)

Hey Loopeylou,
How are you?
Well I pan fried it with fry light, skin side down for 2 mins, when it was skin side down, I sprinkled on some chilli flakes, salt and a squidge of lemon juice, then flipped it over for another minute and a half - 2 mins....
It tastes deliecious! Im not a massive fish fan either, i just eat it beacuse its meant to be quite healthy! but its not what I call a "Fishy Fish" If you know what i mean? Its a very meaty fish kind of the same texture of salmon i suppose, but not as strong a taste! I love it now and its definately going to be one of my weekly meals!!!
x

Weekend catch up!

Saturday:
Breakkie: 1 slice nimble wholegrain bread (1/2 HEB)
1 Laughing cow Ex L cheese Triangle (1 Syn)
Marmite

Lunch: Out with friends for lunch, so had
Prawn cocktail without the sauce or salad, so basically a few plain prawns, and a mini mixed grill (and it was grilled so that was good)! Steak, gammon and chicken in that.

Dinner: Fillet of seabass (didnt even bother with the veg, lunch made me stuffed!!!)

Snacks: 3 muller Yogs, 3 Alpen Bars (HEB x 2 1/2)
Option hot choc (2 Syns)

HEAs - Milk
HEBs - Nimble bread and Alpen Lights
Syns - 3

Sunday:
Green Day (Roast Dinner day of course - its not a roast dinner without Potatoes and Parsnips!!!

Breakkie: 1 slice Nimble bread (1/2 HEB), 1 laughing cow cheese triangle (1syn), marmite

Snack: Alpen Bar (1/2 HEB)
2 Muller light yogs

Lunch: (YUMMERS!) SW Roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips and sweetcorn covered in free mint suace! (sounds manky but i love mint sauce with everything!!!) a small slice of pork (HEB)

Snack: Alpen Light (3 syns)
Options (2 syns)

** I was also very naughty and had 4 of my boyfriends McDonalds Chips on our way home from getting Wallpaper - not 4 boxes, just 4 fries!!! *** I dont know how many syns that will be but i hope not more than 10 on a green day??!

Im very naughty but i couldnt face having a dinner after lunch, potatoes really fill me up!

xxxxx

Evening,
Thanks for the tip about Sea Bass, will def try it now and loved the way you cooked it. I've brought some Cod to pan fry this week with some pesto ....watch this space lol
Love the comment about Mint Sauce, I'd have it on every roast dinner too. My 13 year old son tried it a few months ago and he's as hooked as me :D
Always have a jar on the go and one in the cupboard as can't stand the thought of being without it lol
Have a great day
x

You should definately give it a try Claire, its delicious!!!! Yep - mint sauce is always in my cupboard! I also LOVE mint jelly - its much sweeter than normal mint sauce so its prob laden with syns and sugar!!!!!

Monday: RED day

Breakkie :
1 slice Nimble (HEB1/2) Laughing cow cheese traingle (1syn) Marmite

Snack:
Mullerlight Vanilla
Alpen Light Bar (HEB1/2)
Bannana

Lunch:
3 egg omlette with 1 laughing cow cheese triangle (1syn) with Chilli Flakes

Snack:
2 Alpen Lights (HEB)

Dinner:
Homemade Extra Lean Steak burgers (no roll) 1 laughting cow extra light cheese (1syn) Rocket, watercress and spinach salad and some balsamic vinegar!

Snack:
Mullerlight yog & bannana
options Choc Orange (2 syns)

HEA: Milk in Coffee
HEBs: 1 slice Nimble Bread (1/2) 3 alpen lights (3 1/2)
Syns: 3 laughing cow cheese (E/L) 3 syns
Options 2 Syns
(5 syns, 2 HEBs and 1 HEA)

poosticks - im stuck!

Red Day:

Brekkie: Bannana
2 Alpen Light Bars

Lunch: see.... now im stuck! Might have omlette, or might have meatballs in tomato (passata) sauce???
*** Right - I ended up trying to make a pot omlette (i bought the omlette maker from tx maxx, you put all the ingredients in the pot, mix it up and put it in the microwave for 2 mins - it was vile! i had 1 mouthful of it and that was it! ****
So I had a slice of nimle bread, a laughing cow ex L and some marmite!

Dinner: well thats just too much to even think of right now! I fancy steak and veg tho so may nip up to morrisions and get some yummy offer steak!!!!

Last edited:
OMG! and mine!!! Thats exactly what I ended up having last night for tea!!! I bought a HUGE piece of steak in the end, £3.04 and it was like the length of my arm!!!! Very delicious!!!!

Today: Another annoying fiddly sort of a day!

Breakkie: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB x1)
Mullerlight Yog
Bannana

Lunch: Again, bit of a tricky one, I usually go home for lunch so i can cook something, but today I have to take my dad to pick up a van in my lunch hour so Im a bit stuck! will prob pick up a pack of tescos chunky chicken pieces and a bag of green salad and eat at my desk when i get back!

Dinner: extra lean steak Meatballs ( i dont use anything to bind it, because the extra lean stuff seems to be quite watery so you can mush them into balls very easily!) in a sauce made from Passata, balsamic vinegar salt pepper and basil (yum!)

Snacks (Alpen light bar (HEB 1/2)
1 slice nimble (HEB 1/2) with a laughing cow extra light and some marmite

Syns: Laughing cow 1 syn
Options 2 syns

Total: 3 syns
2 HEB's
1 HEA (Milk in Coffee)

They were so mahooosive i had a job getting them in the griddle pan!!! Lush though!

Right - i cant remember what i ate thursday, but i know i stuck to plan so Ill have to start again from yesterday (had 2 days off work so im a bit muddled!! back in today tho.... really should do something other then MM-ing!!!!!

Sooooo
Friday: Red Day

Breakie (2 Activia Fat Free Yogs)
I fancied a change from Muller and id never had them before, but im glad i did, theyre soooo creamy and yumsters!!!

HEBs 4 aplen light bars

Lunch: Smoked Salmon Salad with a laughing cow exlight cheese - 1 syn

Dinner: Haddock from fish and chip shop, batter removed. After eating that I didnt need any veg etc!

Snack: 2 activia yogs

Syns in total: 1 for exl laughing cow
4 for 2 options hot chocs!
HEA: Milk
HEB x2 : 4 Alpen Bars.

I cant believe i ate 4 yogs yesterday, but i wasnt in the mood to make anything yesterday and theyre so handy! (and 35p per yog in morrisons at the moment compared to Tescos 65p i know where im going for me yogs!

Saturday:
Breakie: An alpen light Bar (1/2 HEB)
Grapes and Pineapple
2 Activia FF yogs

Lunch: Tescos BBQ chunky chicken pieces
140g pack 1/2 Syn
Cocopops coco rocks bar 4syns!

Dinner: Lean Mince homemade burgers (without the roll) salad and laughing cow chese ExL (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 Activia yogs (cant believe i ate 4 yogs today!)
2 slices of Nimble toast (HEBx1)
1 Laughing cow cheese Triangle!
(1 syn)
Options Hot Choc 2 Syns
2 M&Ms (soo naughty, but at least I only had 2! But not sure how many syns that is!!!!

so:

HEA - Milk in coffees
HEB - 3 and a half (2 nible toast and 1 aplen bar
Syns - 8.5 (but more if you count the 2 M&Ms!)

I never have above 6 syns really so felt a bit guilty for having so many yesterday! Its the first time ive really felt guilty on this diet so Ive decided that maybe i should stick to not having so many!

Hey claire, hows you? Yeah weekend was ok apart from working through all of it! rubbish! At least i had 2 days off in the week for it tho! and a lovely long BH weekend to look forward to next weekend!
I know i should enjoy it - but i feel soooooo guilty! Its mental really! I can have up to 15 but feel rubbish and guilty if i go over 5! so its not really worth it!
How was yours my lovely? xxx

Anyways....
A new week a new clear mind and a new amount of effort!

Today: Red Day

Breakie: 1 Alpen Light Bar (HEB x 1/2)
1 Activia Fat Free Yog (Free)
1 Bannana (SFree)

Lunch: Omlette with Laughing cow extra light chese and chilli flakes - (HEA x 1/6!)

Dinner: Steak and Veg (brocolli, Carrot & sweetcorn)

Snacks & Syns - Aplen Light bar (other half of 1 HEB)
Options Hot choc - - 2 syns
laughing cow light - (2nd 1/6 of HEA)
Rest of HEA on Milk in coffees.

so:-
HE A - 2 laughing cow cheese triangles
Milk
HE B - 2 Alpen Light Bars and 2 slices Nimble Toast

Syns: - Options Hot Choc - 2 syns

hey fellow bear - just to let you know banana's are not superfree, just free! same as grapes! :( which is a shame cos i love them! but they dont speed up weight loss i am afraid and therefore are not super free!

Also - was your sweetcorn synned (as it needs to be on a red day its not free!!)

you are doing so well, but just wanted to help out - hope you dont think i am a moobag! xxx

hello fellow bear - thanks for the advice!
I thought superfree was stuff you could have on both days? Have i got that wrong?
And I thought frozen sweetcorn was ok on red days? if i have got that wrong then im in trouble!!! haha
(luckily though, i didnt end up having sweetcorn as we didnt have any in!
I had nooooo idea that wasnt free on red, my c told me it was just the 3 p's (potatoes parsnips and peas!) oooo
Thanks for the heads up chicken!! xxx

Thanks Allie, I knew about the PPP thing - but thought sweetcorn was ok too for some reason - silly sausage!!!!
At least i only have a spoonful, its not me fave veg but i have it to make myseflf feel like im eating more veg!
haha - I shall stick to what I know rather than trying to cram moe stuff in!!!
xxxx Thanks

i dont understand all the rules, but as a lover of Red days, i know the sweetcorn isnt free :(

I think i got confused with superspeed and superfree!! but allie has explained it better than me lol!!!

keep going CB! xxxx

Back