CarefulCounter's Food Diary

whereve you been the last few days Rach??

miss you - hope you're doing well with your calorie counting :D x

Hello - sorry for the radio silence! Been very busy. Friday I totally crashed after work and vegged out with pizza (I don't count Friday evenings - I need to let up else I get grumpy!). Yesterday i went to combat, had a friend for lunch and the afternoon and then went to a big formal family dinner. So yesterday I didn't calorie count. I'm trying to do it more loosely now so i don't end up thinking about food all the time and because I've agreed to do the 10k (yes 6.3miles!!) run with Race for Life this summer and have already worked out a proper training plan. I'm trying to focus on loads of exercise and less obsessing about my eating. So not counting yesterday or today, but know I'll come in around 1400/1500 coz of the dishes I chose.

Saturday-
B - slice best of both, pb, juice
S - slice soreen light, half a mango
L - goat cheese and roasted veg omlette with side salad (no dressing) and handful chips, tea
D - half fishcake, spinach, boiled mixed veg, slice beef, half yorkshire pud, half slice apple pie. No wine woo!

Sunday -
B - raisin wheats, special k oats and honey, skim milk, tea, juice
S - ginger nut (78 cals I checked)
L - food doctor bagel, scrape olivio, slice soreen light, 2 carrots, watermelon, tea
D - will be: tuscan bean stew (counted that before, think its about 80 a portion) with bns

Just popping in to catch up - have been away from minis far too much of late! Glad you had a good weekend and seem to be doing really well. Take care xxx

B - oats, semi-skim milk, almonds, half banana, sunflower seeds, wheat bran, juice = 474
S - apple = 74
L - wholemeal wrap, smoked salmon, phili light, spinach, tuscan bean stew = 563
S - greek yog, honey = 110
D - bulgur wheat, roasted brussels and pepper, cauli, broccoli, green beans, cod loin fillet = 305
S - lindt dark mint intense mmm! = 104

= 1630 - 436 (combat and run [aka walk/run!] - eek started training for the 10k...feels very unattainable atm!)
= 1194 NET

Last edited:
B - eggsx2, best of both x2, juice, tea with ss milk = 359
L - watermelon, leftovers from last night, greek yog, honey = 366
S -dorset cereals bar = 149
D - morroccan burger, HP, baked sweet potato, peas = 415

= 1289

I should have gone to gym for run and bodybalance but feel totally wiped. Going to go into work hour later tomorrow so I can go for my run at least in the morning. Grr already slipping behind. :(

:'( grrrr I just ate a MOUNTAIN on ben and jerries fz yog - so CROSS with myself!! It's not comfort eating it's like punishment/self-sabotage eating. So angry - WHY do we do things like this to ourselves??! Just coz I am cross with myself about not going to the gym, and all the icky depressing valentines stuff everywhere, and coz i'm worried i will never be able to manage 10k in time for the race in the summer. Feel like ****!

Last edited:
aww Rach! :( dont let it get you down - we all do it! *hugs*

you can do this Race too.. if you pop into Twiggys diary she has a really good walk to run book and i cant think of the name of it xxx

B - oats, skim milk, pb, walnuts, half banana, tea with ss milk, cranberry juice = 459
L - wholemeal pasta, courgette, tinned toms, half cauldron lincolnshire sausage = 292
D - bean stew, wholemeal pitta = 427

= 1178. Oof worked usual day then stayed on working til 6, had my dinner then serviced a full 2 hr committee meeting...bed is so welcome!

Also had slice toast and pb last night - when i got up to get a hot water bottle coz I couldn't settle I realised I was bit hungry. It did the trick! Took yesterday up to 1324cals.

Today:
B - 2 eggs, smoked salmon, mushrooms, slice best of both, juice, tea with ss milk = 414
L - same as yesterday, apple = 385
S - greek yoghurt, granola bar = 260
D - homemade lentil, carrot and spinach curry (needs some work but my first curry attempt!), rice, broc, cauli = 428

= 1487 - LBT+gym (290) = 1197, mm poss some of the mint dark lindt choc might be nibbled!

mmmm mint dark lindt choc yummy but I couldn't just nibble it lol

Glad things seem to be going so well for you. Hope you have a good friday and weekend xxx

no, I couldn't either, had 4 squares but that just takes me to 1400NET. It's disappointingly not very minty at all, especially after the first square I could only taste the choc. The maya gold is much better.
Have a lovely weekend x

B - wholemeal bagel, pb, jam, juice, tea with ss milk = 347
S - apple = 74
L - lentil, carrot and spinach curry, wholemeal pitta, oat cookie = 458
S - greek yog, mini toblerone = 118
D - bns, gravy, green beans, olivio, chicken, mushrooms = 302

= 1299

Had a fab weekend with a close friend from uni, loved staying in her flat and living the high life! Very pleased with how I did food/drink wise too.

Saturday:
B - rf cream crackers x2, eggs x2, best of both toasted x2, juice, tea, yoghurt = 504
Afternoon tea - It was light (very posh!) with little puff pastries with cheese mousse in, macarons, madeleines and coconut wafers.
D - broccoli and stilton soup (homemade but went with covent garden stats), bread = 307
Drinks - wine x2, daiquiri, fizzy water x2 = 300
Late night snack = bread, olivio = 95

= 1216, don't think afternoon tea was over 500 and we did lots of walking so very happy with that.

Sunday-
B - eggs x2, english mufin, bacon, juice, tea = 476
S - apple = 74
L - chicken and veg soup, bread = 431
D - minestrone, greek yog, honey = 280
= 1261

Hey Carefulcounter

Sounds like you had a nice time with your friend and well done on all your options it can be hard when visiting people or going out. :))

Keep up the good work.

Amber

Sounds like a fab weekend and a big pat on the back for being so careful with your eating and drinking - you're a star!!!

Thanks guys!!

B - best of both x3, pb, jam, tea with ss milk, juice = 426
S - dried apricots = 96
L - minestrone soup, spinach, kidney beans = 241
S - toblerone mini, granola bar = 260
D - noodles, olive oil, sweet & sour sauce, courgette, pepper, onion, carrot, mushroom, dark chocolate with cherries = 519

= 1542 - 312 (combat) = 1230 NET

Last edited:
omg maya gold choc is beautiful! i love the green and blacks dark chocolate too.. yum :D

well done on the last few days Rach you've been doing brill! :D

when is next WI - i know you WI every 2 weeks but it seems forever since you weighed in! x

I'll try to remember to tomorrow.
Yesterday was blah...this whole week has been blah. One of those that go on forever and you just do not want to me at work. Not even felt motivation to go to gym which usually I enjoy so much. And my back is aching from sitting too much at my desk. Sigh - looking forward to the weekend and then 3 days off next week to go stay in Suffolk with my mum who is staying there for half term week.

B - oats, skim milk, banana, almonds, pb, juice, tea with ss milk = 467
S - melon, dried apricots = 91
L - lentil and bacon soup, half pitta, carrot, peas = 365
S - yoghurt = 143
D - cod, brussels, green beans, pepper, courgette, broccoli, sweet and sour sauce = 295

= 1361

Good luck for WI moro - hope you've left the scales out to trip you up so you dont forget LOL. Have lovely weekend and time with your mum xxx

Back